Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I like to look around at different guns and equipment for Turkey hunting. Ran across a Benelli M2 Turkey gun, from the Benelli Performance Center, for $3400! Just can't wrap my head around that one!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nor can I! Benellis are great guns, but I can't imagine dropping that much cash on any repeater for hunting.

Saw a catalog the other day with really pricey decoy setups, remote controls and all. I was amazed.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Will my 1953 vintage Ithaca 37 20 guage be enough only using 2 3/4” pheasant loads. It’s not my primary gun, but I think I’ll carry it a few times this year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What the heck is going on when Benelli can't get a shotgun right the FIRST time for the money
they ask for them that they gotta add almost another $2k in the custom shop ??????

Can't understand why ANYONE would even buy a "stock" Benelli so long as there's Super X3's and Super X4's to be had............. Better guns for almost half the money.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
While I do agree the custom shop stuff is overpriced, I like certain model benellis. Like the higher rib, safety is in the right place, not too heavy, I shoot them pretty well. Once prices get into O/U territory, doesn't make sense. Tried winchester, worked fine, wanted to like it but couldn't. For turkeys where you might only fire a couple shots or so a season, if you're lucky, doesn't add up. But to each their own. I would not buy a Mercedes or BMW either.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Will my 1953 vintage Ithaca 37 20 guage be enough only using 2 3/4” pheasant loads. It’s not my primary gun, but I think I’ll carry it a few times this year.

..absolutely not, Cheesy!

The powers granted in the lowly Ithaca pump for hunting feral feathered fowl stopped at 195-TWO.

Please throw it away by sending it to me, post haste. whistle grin

I only use mine as crutches.

Last edited by WillARights; 03/31/19.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
I like to look around at different guns and equipment for Turkey hunting. Ran across a Benelli M2 Turkey gun, from the Benelli Performance Center, for $3400! Just can't wrap my head around that one!

it's not Benellis fault they are priced the way they are, blame it on Beretta. I have a M1 super 90 and a Vinci super Sport and would not think of paying 1500 for one nevermind 3400.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Who am I to say what I man spends his money on.

Got a buddy where turkey hunting is the most important think in his life outside his family. He just decked out a top of the line beretta 3 1/2, matching camo eotech, sent it off to be tuned and loads developed. Guarantee he has 2500 in it easily. He can afford it.

Problem with a benelli is getting them to shoot straight, every one I've owned I've fought with. Just had to put add a montefeltro cast shim, do some sanding on the drop shim, and some anxious barrel bending with the fork of a tree on an m1 to get it to shoot straight. Benelli rep told me that if center of pattern is within 9in of bullseye it passes inspection.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I can't figure why folks are willing to spend 500 - 1000.00 on a gun to shoot those nasty tastin', shyt eatin feathered rats, much less 3400.00.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by killerv
Who am I to say what I man spends his money on.

Got a buddy where turkey hunting is the most important think in his life outside his family. He just decked out a top of the line beretta 3 1/2, matching camo eotech, sent it off to be tuned and loads developed. Guarantee he has 2500 in it easily. He can afford it.

Problem with a benelli is getting them to shoot straight, every one I've owned I've fought with. Just had to put add a montefeltro cast shim, do some sanding on the drop shim, and some anxious barrel bending with the fork of a tree on an m1 to get it to shoot straight. Benelli rep told me that if center of pattern is within 9in of bullseye it passes inspection.

Both my Benellis shoot like they have eyes of their own. I bought a few autos after I bought the M1 , I still have the M1.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I can't figure why folks are willing to spend 500 - 1000.00 on a gun to shoot those nasty tastin', shyt eatin feathered rats, much less 3400.00.

Because we can and we like nicely balanced guns, I can't figure why guys would hunt or even use a POS Mossberg shotgun .

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I can't figure why guys would hunt or even use a POS Mossberg shotgun .
That's because you're an idiot. I own shotguns from Browning, Ithaca, Remington, Stevens, Mossberg and CZ. They're all just a pipe with a shotgun shell in one end and one will do about as well as the next.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That's because you're an idiot.

DId you get your feelers hurt? Get your mental illness looked at. Gunsmith LMFAO

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

DId you get your feelers hurt? Get your mental illness looked at. Gunsmith LMFAO

Oldelkhumper,

Not in the least. And yes, I have earned a living building/repairing guns for 10 years.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Oldelkhumper,

Not in the least. And yes, I have earned a living building/repairing guns for 10 years.

I doubt it, sweeping the shop floor does not qualify. You seem to have an issue with those that have nicer things then you do. Envy is a real sad deal all around.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Oldelkhumper,

I doubt it, sweeping the shop floor does not qualify. You seem to have an issue with those that have nicer things then you do. Envy is a real sad deal all around.
I suspect you know much about sweeping floors as you're obviously not bright enough to do much else. I could have any gun I want and do but thanks for your concern. Turkeys just ain't worth a hell of alot and I woudn't spend much on a special gun just to hunt them.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Don't be envious of others, it is a sin

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Something I'm sure you're very familiar with.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I live a blessed life and am not envious of others wealth and possessions. You should try to work harder and rise above your circumstances.

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think wild turkey tastes much better than domestic ones myself. Rifles are just a pipe with a cartridge in one end and a hunk of lead coming out the other. One will kill game just as good as another.

Last edited by CWT; 04/02/19.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,412
Posts18,470,461
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.