-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody ever find out Hamer's wife's reaction when he brought her car back home? That was a loose end for me. smile

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
TFF

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Anybody ever find out Hamer's wife's reaction when he brought her car back home? That was a loose end for me. smile

That chick played a pro in Deadwood and currently (or the last time I saw it) is on Fear the Walking Dead.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is a screen shot of them grabbing guns a split second before Hamer starts shooting. As soon as Bonnie looked down and moved, he let go. There's no way that they could have brought rifles into play in the car.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I think the older we get, the less capable we are of fighting, physically and mentally.
But with old age comes the "don't give a chit".
The line may have moved over time due to life experiences, but when crossed the response delivered without argument, punching or threats.
Just shoot the fugger.

I wouldn't mess with anybody, esp some old fart.
He from a time when men still had spines.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/01/19.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by hookeye
I think the older we get, the less capable we are of fighting, physically and mentally.
But with old age comes the "don't give a chit".
The line may have moved over time due to life experiences, but when crossed the response delivered without argument, punching or threats.
Just shoot the fugger.

I wouldn't mess with anybody, esp some old fart.
He from a time when men still had spines.

“Life in prison” means less and less.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: I have brought "Rifles into play" many thousands of times from dozens of different vehicles!
I think your contention is incorrect.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Ted Hinton himself shot that footage with a camera that a reporter from the Dallas Morning News had given him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by deflave
I don't believe it did show he gave them a chance.

To me it showed he was there to kill them. And he did.

He never stepped off the hill and they never said “boo” to them. When Clyde slowed down to almost a stop, they all stood up and shot the schit out of that car.

Just read up on this recently, one of the other guys present with Hamer was the first to open fire, no warning given, which was a cause of embarrassment to him later.

Dunno that we will ever know Frank Hamer’s game plan, but in his career IIRC he killed around 60 men, most of whom likely needed killing.

In their shoes I woulda opened fire too, Barrow and Parker had already killed a number of Cops and regular folk.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hamer says in the movie he is there to kill them at least three times. I don’t think they were trying to portray anything else.

At least two other Ranger Captains claimed that they were offered the job before it was given to Hamer, but they turned it down saying,” We don’t ambush people and we don’t shoot women.”

Sounds like jealousy to me, but it reinforces the idea that killing Clyde Barrow was the plan all along and that Bonnie would likely be collateral damage.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

He never stepped off the hill and they never said “boo” to them. When Clyde slowed down to almost a stop, they all stood up and shot the schit out of that car.

Just read up on this recently, one of the other guys present with Hamer was the first to open fire, no warning given, which was a cause of embarrassment to him later.

Dunno that we will ever know Frank Hamer’s game plan, but in his career IIRC he killed around 60 men, most of whom likely needed killing.

In their shoes I woulda opened fire too, Barrow and Parker had already killed a number of Cops and regular folk.

They all agreed (about the only thing they all the agreed on) that the Louisiana deputy shot first and hit Clyde in the head killing him instantly. Oh, yeah they all agreed that Bonnie was screaming as they shot her.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/01/19.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Lee Simmons promised the dying prison guard that everyone involved in the prison break would die. And they all did except for Methvin who gave up Bonnie and Clyde. It was an execution from the start. But they wouldn’t have surrendered anyway most likely.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Rock Chuck: I have brought "Rifles into play" many thousands of times from dozens of different vehicles!
I think your contention is incorrect.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well... Yeah.....but these guys are just ordinary, run of the mill heroes.....not a Super Hero such as you.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

They all agreed (about the only thing they all the agreed on) that the Louisiana deputy shot first and hit Clyde in the head killing him instantly. Oh, yeah they all agreed that Bonnie was screaming as they shot her.

Grandpa Marvin said that Hamer told him she screamed like a wildcat.

He also said that when Hamer got back from Louisiana he stopped by their shop, dropped off one gun. The Model 8. And all he said was "clean it" and left the shop.

I know that recently there has been some ressarch stating the only Model 8 involved in the shoot was used by the afore mentioned deputy that shot Clyde in the head. Apparently it is thought the Parish Sheriff and Hamer were armed with sawed off Model 11 Remingtons in 12’ga. There is one photoed on top of the car after the shootout that was allegely the one used by the sheriff.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
curedog4570: If you think a normal person such as I (by the way I never claimed to be a super-hero - are you mentally deficient?) can NOT bring into play a Rifle from inside a vehicle then you, indeed, are as stupid as you make yourself appear to be!
I have brought Rifles into play from inside vehicles for well over half a century now and plan on doing so for many more years to come!
Sheesh - your mind must be addled?
In fact I brought "Rifle's" (notice the plural!) into play from inside my vehicle just yesterday and once it warms up a bit here I plan on doing so again this afternoon!
Maybe a rabid dog has bitten you recently?
Double sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unlike you, I figured that Rock Chuck has fired rifles from inside vehicles just as I have..... countless times.So, with that in mind,I considered that he was cognizant of the difference between shooting a coyote or Prarie Dog and drawing against a Lawman that already has you in his sights.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’d call the shot of hand movement toward the firearms artistic license.

It’s a pretty safe bet although the only people that could state that honestly would be the perps.

And yes. Those weapons could be easily brought into action from inside the vehicle.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Grandpa Marvin said that Hamer told him she screamed like a wildcat.

He also said that when Hamer got back from Louisiana he stopped by their shop, dropped off one gun. The Model 8. And all he said was "clean it" and left the shop.

I know that recently there has been some ressarch stating the only Model 8 involved in the shoot was used by the afore mentioned deputy that shot Clyde in the head. Apparently it is thought the Parish Sheriff and Hamer were armed with sawed off Model 11 Remingtons in 12’ga. There is one photoed on top of the car after the shootout that was allegely the one used by the sheriff.
Jake Petmecky? Didn't he have one of the handful of Python's in 41 Mag?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s been all of three days since I hit the brakes on my pickup, poked my Marlin 30 30 out the window and shot at a coyote hightailing it across a wheat field. I do it an about a weekly basis.

I even hit one occasionally, but if I’m serious, I replace the Marlin with a Hornet or 244 AI. They have barrels short enough to be handy in a pickup.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, ak_Rick, 9 invisible), 908 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,101
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.