Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CWT
I think wilds turkey taste much better than domestic ones myself. Rifles are just a pipe with a cartridge in one end and a hunk of lead coming out the other. One will kill game just as good as another.

Wild Turkey is a good bourbon as well grin

GB1

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You sure got that right and old George from TN ain't bad either.

Last edited by CWT; 04/02/19.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I live a blessed life and am not envious of others wealth and possessions. You should try to work harder and rise above your circumstances.
I have already worked harder than most would in 5 lifetimes. I am working full time at a trade I always wanted to work in and am trained for. My home looks like a Cabela's exploded inside it. Every room full of guns, ammunition, optics, cutlery, calls, hunting clothing, antlers, fishing tackle, game and fish mounts, wildlife art and hunting/fishing antiques and collectibles. And above all I'm blessed with a wife that not only tolerates my hobbies and home decorating habits but actually participates in, enjoys and encourages them. Seems to me my "circumstances" are better than most and I am not jealous of those who buy and use over priced turkey guns and think those nasty feathered rats worth the expenditure.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by CWT
I think wild turkey tastes much better than domestic ones myself. Rifles are just a pipe with a cartridge in one end and a hunk of lead coming out the other. One will kill game just as good as another.
Is everybody from North Carolina as mentally handicapped as you and oldelkhumper ?

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep and like you we are Rednecks too. Only difference is we are Edumacated Rednecks.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by CWT
Yep and like you we are Rednecks too. Only difference is we are Edumacated Rednecks.
Putting a halt to the inbreeding might help.

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We can't hep it. It is just da way wes is in these here parts. Not much else to do.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CWT
We can't hep it. It is just da way wes is in these here parts. Not much else to do.

LMFAO

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I live a blessed life and am not envious of others wealth and possessions. You should try to work harder and rise above your circumstances.
I have already worked harder than most would in 5 lifetimes. I am working full time at a trade I always wanted to work in and am trained for. My home looks like a Cabela's exploded inside it. Every room full of guns, ammunition, optics, cutlery, calls, hunting clothing, antlers, fishing tackle, game and fish mounts, wildlife art and hunting/fishing antiques and collectibles. And above all I'm blessed with a wife that not only tolerates my hobbies and home decorating habits but actually participates in, enjoys and encourages them. Seems to me my "circumstances" are better than most and I am not jealous of those who buy and use over priced turkey guns and think those nasty feathered rats worth the expenditure.

LOL i am sure it is.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
............ I can't figure why guys would hunt or even use a POS Mossberg shotgun .

Benelli = Italian Mossberg. grin

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I had an 835 once , bought it from a guy going thru a divorce. It didn't last long

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My new turkey gun for this year https://gueriniusa.com/shotguns/tempio/

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
You can't use that for turkey, there's only Pheasant and Quail engraved on it! LOL!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CWT
My new turkey gun for this year https://gueriniusa.com/shotguns/tempio/

Damn, I have the ellipse in 28 gauge , what a shotgun. My brother has a tempio 12 gauge that is sweet as well

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
You can't use that for turkey, there's only Pheasant and Quail engraved on it! LOL!

its sacrilege

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yikes... $3400.
However if you do a multi-state spring tour and turkey hunting is your passion... go for it. Its your middle aged harley or convertable.

I went through my shotguns and found a price to performance gap and my mossberg 500A with its stiff trigger, finicky ejecting, and required optic to shoot straight went down the road. My franchi affinity will serve turkey duty until I get weak and buy a special shotgun. The light trigger, good pattern where aims, optic ready, and reliable function are worth the money.

As far as expensive guns I want... A browning citori cynergry in camo and turkey sights is calling to me, but I cant justify it hunting in one state only. I'm contemplating buying a mossberg Maverick O/U for $402 new online as a dedicated turkey gun, but fear it will have a terrible trigger or poor regulation...

I need to quit buying shotguns and love the one you're with.

:-(

;-)

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had an 835 once , bought it from a guy going thru a divorce. It didn't last long

Haha !!!

I had an 835 once. Bought it from a guy just about this time of year who owed Uncle Sam too much money. It didn't last long, either.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
hmmm... I bought a 835 once too and sold it.

It was due to my impulsive habits more than a performance issue!

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I've had a couple different 835's. Can possibly explain the first one, not so much the subsequent ones! Lol! 835's and the Benelli Nova, just can't warm up to them. I know plenty of people use them, and like them, but they're just not for me.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
I've had a couple different 835's. Can possibly explain the first one, not so much the subsequent ones! Lol! 835's and the Benelli Nova, just can't warm up to them. I know plenty of people use them, and like them, but they're just not for me.

The 835 was lightly used by the previous owner, didn't feel right, pretty sure it was a very solid shotgun. I went the Nova Route as well ,It didn't last long .

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 260madman, 1minute, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,531
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.