Page 36 of 87 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 86 87
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave
That sounds pretty cool.

Good luck.

The hell of it is, he busts his butt out there and then that ugly dude with the mustache is always photo-bombing his pics.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
That sounds pretty cool.

Good luck.

The hell of it is, he busts his butt out there and then that ugly dude with the mustache is always photo-bombing his pics.

true that! smile

strength training after work

deadlifts 3x5 @ 80% 1RM
overhead press 3x5 @ 80% 1RM
lunges 3x45 yrds
chin-ups 3x12
core

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by pointer
Russian or American? I haven't touched a weight, other than my belly, in way too long. Thinking of picking up some KBs to get back into it. Probably start with ~35#. Thinking get ups, swings, snatches, and cleans will start to right the ship.

Russian.

I had to start at a new gym to ensure I had a rack this morning but I couldn't find their kettlebells.

So that may have to end while I do the 5X5 thing.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
45 minutes on the hamster wheel.

Set at three I'm sure.

I don't your crossed eyes would allow for the coordination necessary to actually run on one.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Russian or American? I haven't touched a weight, other than my belly, in way too long. Thinking of picking up some KBs to get back into it. Probably start with ~35#. Thinking get ups, swings, snatches, and cleans will start to right the ship.

Russian.

I had to start at a new gym to ensure I had a rack this morning but I couldn't find their kettlebells.

Good deal. Once the house remodel is done, I think the wife will push for us to be a rack in the basement as our current schedule makes it tough for us to belong to the same gym. Rack, bar, and a few bumpers won't be too expensive. I have 300# of hard plates.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Russian.

Good deal. Once the house remodel is done, I think the wife will push for us to be a rack in the basement as our current schedule makes it tough for us to belong to the same gym. Rack, bar, and a few bumpers won't be too expensive. I have 300# of hard plates.

I made my rack years ago but if I was starting over I'd look at these guys. The past couple of years I've added several things from them and I'm very pleased with the price, design, and how solid they are. Some finish issues on little things but pretty good for a home gym.

https://www.titan.fitness/

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I never really considered it before but I may do the home gym thing now. My son is older so works out every day and getting to a gym here isn't as easy as other places I've lived.

You can get a LOT of schit for pretty cheap through amazon.

But I do like going full douche bag and parking my bike on the sidewalk in front of the LA Fitness and walking in with my wireless ear buds.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Russian.

I made my rack years ago but if I was starting over I'd look at these guys. The past couple of years I've added several things from them and I'm very pleased with the price, design, and how solid they are. Some finish issues on little things but pretty good for a home gym.

https://www.titan.fitness/

Thanks for that tip. Their fold back to the wall racks are much cheaper than some other options I've looked at.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If one buys a home rack make sure it has a catcher bar. More than one has been found dead in the home gym or seriously injured from not being able to handle the bar weight and alone with none to bail them out from the bench. It also can get real ugly without one when doing squats and something goes wrong.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

But I do like going full douche bag and parking my bike on the sidewalk in front of the LA Fitness and walking in with my wireless ear buds.

Let me guess---sleeveless hoody too?

Got back into the gym today after about a week off. Did cardio, felt good but my HR was 5-10 points above normal, just from spending time at sea level.

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Pronounced "Laughitness".

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Perhaps, but in Fla you need a gold chain necklace to keep up. And a good pair of shuffleboard sneakers. White naturally....

Yesterday: iSatori weights and runner stretches.

Today: 6 mile jog/walk with Merlot.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
And a good pair of shuffleboard sneakers. White naturally....

Of course. You've gotta match the belt.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've been swimming (3 days last week, only once so far this week), a little running, almost no biking.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Another 65 mile bicycle ride yesterday. Not bad for a 62 year old with a 30 year old riding buddy. I'll take it. Been kinda remiss on getting to the gym lately though. Cycling somehow seems more important & more fun right now.

Keep on truckin' all! We're just competing against ourselves, until hunting season hits. Then it's The Ridge I'm working against.

Have to admit, I surely do feel good when I'm in decent condition.

Guy

Last edited by Cascade; 04/09/19.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by smokepole

Let me guess---sleeveless hoody too?

Got back into the gym today after about a week off. Did cardio, felt good but my HR was 5-10 points above normal, just from spending time at sea level.

Was you drinkin'?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by battue
Perhaps, but in Fla you need a gold chain necklace to keep up. And a good pair of shuffleboard sneakers. White naturally....

They issue those as soon as you register to vote in Broward or Miami-Dade.

But that doesn't make you full d-bag.

Your male friend videoing you in the gym for your instagram post makes you full d-bag.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The one good thing about Fla is you can drive up 95 N in a rented mini van and do 90-95mph. At which speed, finally you will not be a slow moving hazard. I had to ask a policeman, just how fast can I go there without getting a ticket? He said 89 will be fairly safe to avoid being pulled over. He also said, they really don't like to pull people over, in that every one slows down and a traffic jam builds up quickly.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4-ish miles on the trails with my wife and Tiny E- snow is going pretty quick below 5000'

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Burpees and elliptical yesterday. 18 x 12 burpees with 3 minutes of elliptical between.

Short on time today so it was cardio express for 30 minutes.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Page 36 of 87 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 86 87

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1800topsoil, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,687
Posts18,494,053
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.