Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Gus, you are talking about Macon Georgia. I was a medic over in Baldwin County, took lots of transfers to the Medical Center. Talk about gsw, we hauled ass over there one afternoon with a deer hunter who got a 7 mag to the thigh bone, Good God! You could have stuffed a loaf of bread into that exit wound. 72 year old guy who had jumped in to Normandy with the 101st, and never had been shot. Got shot by his hunting partner, a 22 year old college boy. Guy had to get his leg amputated even the Medical Center couldn't help much.

And we had a doc who worked part-time in our ER, Dr. Williams. He worked full time at the Medical Center in Macon. He was working at the Medical Center the night Duane Allman came in.
He was trying to treat the guy and, as Dr. Williams told me, "Duane Allman was a real a**hole."
Allman didn't want to be treated and he walked out AMA and when Dr. Williams saw him again, three hours later, the Rock Star was dead.

Why was Duane in there initially? never heard he paid a visit to the ER hours before his accident.

Macon consolidated with the county, it has gotten bad again. I believe we tied our record of homicides last year, low 40s. Still a lot of shootings though but folks are surviving. Our elected officials are a joke.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Gus, you are talking about Macon Georgia. I was a medic over in Baldwin County, took lots of transfers to the Medical Center. Talk about gsw, we hauled ass over there one afternoon with a deer hunter who got a 7 mag to the thigh bone, Good God! You could have stuffed a loaf of bread into that exit wound. 72 year old guy who had jumped in to Normandy with the 101st, and never had been shot. Got shot by his hunting partner, a 22 year old college boy. Guy had to get his leg amputated even the Medical Center couldn't help much.

And we had a doc who worked part-time in our ER, Dr. Williams. He worked full time at the Medical Center in Macon. He was working at the Medical Center the night Duane Allman came in.
He was trying to treat the guy and, as Dr. Williams told me, "Duane Allman was a real a**hole."
Allman didn't want to be treated and he walked out AMA and when Dr. Williams saw him again, three hours later, the Rock Star was dead.

Why was Duane in there initially? never heard he paid a visit to the ER hours before his accident.

Macon consolidated with the county, it has gotten bad again. I believe we tied our record of homicides last year, low 40s. Still a lot of shootings though but folks are surviving. Our elected officials are a joke.

it would be good if y'all could bring back Machine-Gun Ronnie for mayor. but i'm afraid all those days are over and gone.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

202 members (257 mag, 37L1, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,645 guests, and 875 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,620
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.