Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Dollar General is on the move in rural areas. They have a high success rate at getting County Commissioners to rezone rural/agricultural areas for commercial use. We are fighting one right now. They seem to want a store about every five to seven miles. Disgusting places, they are.

Don’t go in them if they are disgusting.
I’ve seen them, never been in one, only cause I never had the need.

NRA Patron
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Everything in the store is less quality. That’s why it’s Dollar General. It ain’t 10 Dollar General.

Don't forget Five Below for the high rollers.

You western trash probably haven't seen those yet.

We got one here a couple years back. 2/3 of the damned place was candy. I have no idea how they're still in bidness.

FC

Not here. They got everything. Phone chargers, protectors, books, toys, gifts, beach stuff and all kinds of schit.

And candy.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That was one thing we noticed last winter as we drove around throughout the US; Dollar General stores everywhere. Seemed like every crossroads has one. GD

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Our Shopko is closing maybe we can get one here. It sounds just like they sell the same thing as Shopko but are more successful at it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Can't ever have enough Mattress stores and Dollar Generals

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
They're popping up everywhere around here. I've got one six miles from my house and it's saved me a lot of driving over the several years it's been there. I can drive six miles and get a loaf of bread or I can drive 30 to a wal-mart and get the same loaf. At the wal-mart I get to walk 300 yds through the store fighting meth heads and other assorted trash for my loaf of bread, at the DG I can walk 50' and fight fewer meth heads. I could also drive 30 miles and go to the hoity toity grocery & pay twice as much for the same loaf of bread, but I'd get to stare at the butt of some narcissistic rich housewife while she goes on her daily "look at me!" tour of the local upscale stores.

I'll stick with the DG, I get in and out quick without getting ripped off on the price. That's 99.9% of what I care about.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
They built one out in the middle of nowhere here.

About halfway to town from where I live. Never stopped there. Never will.

Every time I drive by it, the parking lot is full of trash... Not the kind that blows around in the wind... the other kind. The kind that loads 12 people into a $300 car and takes everyone shopping at Dollar General. whistle

I don't call if the Squalor General for nothing.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
It might not be the cheapest option though.

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
WE’RE #1!!!! WE’RE#1!!!!!

1409 stores!!!!!

Wonder if that has anything to do with the number of wetbacks? whistle

grin

Barry!!!

They just opened one in of all places, Webberville!!! They ain’t had a store like that there since the Tonkawas cooked a Comanche captive in Puss Webber’s washpot!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It might not be the cheapest option though.

DG almost never is the absolute cheapest. They carefully price their stuff just a little higher than Wal-mart, just enough to make it not worth the drive to get to a cheaper place. They're not ridiculously high though.

Here we have a grocery chain called Winn-Dixie. You can walk into one of them and a can of beans will be twice the price of the exact same thing at the Wal-mart two blocks away. I don't know how they stay in business.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
There are three in this county and one Walmart. One of them is almost in the Walmart parking lot. They are very convenient even if their stock is limited. You can park right next to the door and get in and out a whole helluva lot quicker than Walmart where there are about twenty handicapped spots near the door, unused, and the rest of the lot full of pogues wandering aimlessly in the store...consuming. We would have one down in the little town 4 miles distant, but the stupid mother farkers in the town elected some even more stupid mother farkers to their town council who, in their wisdom, decided to not allow Dollar General to come in because it might hurt the business of this tiny grocery store that carries almost nothing and everything it does carry is out-of-date.

Around here I am pretty sure that the handicap parking spots at Wal-Mart must be leases out as long-term parking; they are always full.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Dollar General is not a dollar store, but I know the name confuses mouth breathers.

BS it's not.

It's a dollar store.

Not everything in all dollar stores are a dollar anymore.

Just like everything in yesteryear's dime store wasn't a dime.

You ever stepped foot in a Dollar General?

I have. They are a fuggin' dollar store.

Some may be better than others in certain areas, but don't piss down our necks and tell us it's raining.

https://aboutus.dollargeneral.com/our-history/

Lol, okay, if you say so.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by JeffA
They are basically miniature Walmarts, they sell the same crap such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items.

Walmart hates them, they are taking a healthy chunk outta their business.

$25.6 billion in sales in fiscal 2018
15,472 retail locations as of March 1, 2019
Approximately 135,000 employees
Ranked #123 on the Fortune 500 list as of May 2018

Walmart was the disrupter, wiping out numerous local mom and pop retail outlets.

Now Walmart has become the disruptee, being disrupted by Amazon, Dollar General, et. al.

Such is capitalism, survival of the fittest. Customers the winners (generally, not always)

DF

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Already here - opened up about 3 years ago.. Busy too...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Who here is against free enterprise? Sounds like a lot of folks.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Haha! Free eh?

You are joking right? You must be.

Tax breaks and zoning bribes.....yep. Pretty free....

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
There are three in this county and one Walmart. One of them is almost in the Walmart parking lot. They are very convenient even if their stock is limited. You can park right next to the door and get in and out a whole helluva lot quicker than Walmart where there are about twenty handicapped spots near the door, unused, and the rest of the lot full of pogues wandering aimlessly in the store...consuming. We would have one down in the little town 4 miles distant, but the stupid mother farkers in the town elected some even more stupid mother farkers to their town council who, in their wisdom, decided to not allow Dollar General to come in because it might hurt the business of this tiny grocery store that carries almost nothing and everything it does carry is out-of-date.

Around here I am pretty sure that the handicap parking spots at Wal-Mart must be leases out as long-term parking; they are always full.

Day before last I parked next to a older, kind of rough looking GM car with handicap license plate, temporary spare on left rear and a light bar on roof, parked in a designated handicap only spot at a local Dollar General store. As I walked past it I could see it had the full firefighter turnout gear laying in the back seat. I had to wonder how someone that qualified for handicapped license plates could be capable of working fires even on a volunteer fire dept.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Could possibly be that the handicap sticker was for the wife of the driver. We have a sticker for my wife, for whom walking is difficult.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Haha! Free eh?

You are joking right? You must be.

Tax breaks and zoning bribes.....yep. Pretty free....

Do they sell college admissions?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
But the Clover Valley chocolate syrup tastes better than the other brands. whistle

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,651
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.