Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
They treat their employees like dirt. They will sue your county council if denied. I won't shop in one again.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Every day is dollar day at the Dollar General store! More power to’em.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by 5sdad
Could possibly be that the handicap sticker was for the wife of the driver. We have a sticker for my wife, for whom walking is difficult.

The driver was a Caucasian man. I saw him inside the store. Ball park guess, mid to late 40s, 6'+, 200 - 240lbs. He was alone inside the store and in the car, too.. Ky issues special handicap license plates. Even if that was their only vehicle and the handicap plate was for health issues of wife, mother, sibling, etc., and not him,
it wouldn't allow him to park in a handicap only parking spot when alone.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Haha! Free eh?

You are joking right? You must be.

Tax breaks and zoning bribes.....yep. Pretty free....

Do they sell college admissions?

No, thats Costco you are thinking of.

Its generally next to the imported prime beef.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joken2

Could possibly be that the handicap sticker was for the wife of the driver. We have a sticker for my wife, for whom walking is difficult.

The driver was a Caucasian man. I saw him inside the store. Ball park guess, mid to late 40s, 6'+, 200 - 240lbs. He was alone inside the store and in the car, too.. Ky issues special handicap license plates. Even if that was their only vehicle and the handicap plate was for health issues of wife, mother, sibling, etc., and not him,
it wouldn't allow him to park in a handicap only parking spot when alone.

Got it. I don't abuse the wife's sticker when alone. Sometimes I will drop her off at a store while I go run other errands, then when I return, I will park in a handicap spot so that she doesn't have so far to walk when we come out of the store. I pointed out this scenario because I imagine people sometimes see me exit the vehicle looking like I don't qualify to park there.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"How do I get to the Dollar General?" Just go past the Family Dollar, about 150 yards.

"Which direction?" Any direction.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had three corporate small discount stores opening in this area at the same time a few years ago : Family Dollar, Bill’s Family Dollar, and Dollar General. They had an even start and went head to head in some small towns of 4-5k population. Dollar General sores thrived and the others mostly failed. Dollar General then built new buildings and left the leased storefronts where they started...just as their competitors started.

A couple years ago, Shopko built big new stores in two of these nearby towns, one right next door to the new Dollar General. Both lasted less than a year before closing their doors while the Dollar General sores are still going great.

Here, where County Seat towns are 30-40 miles apart and many don’t have a Walmart, the Dollar General stores fill a real need. Their paper products, even name brand toilet paper, are cheaper than Walmart, so Peg buys ours there.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
They are constantly giving five dollar coupons for your next visit. How many stores do that?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JP_Lucas
They are constantly giving five dollar coupons for your next visit. How many stores do that?

And you can repeatedly use those coupons on the same visit. My wife had $100 worth of stuff the other day at checkout. She would have them ring up $25 worth, pay for it, then ring up another $25 worth. It took a little longer, but she got $20 knocked off the total.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The grumpies can diss and bitch all they want.

Truth is, they have gallons of milk same price as walmart or kroger. They have beer, ice cream, some frozen foods, a lots of canned goods.

If youre hangin out at the house and discover youre out of Pace picante sauce or need ketchup, can of wasp spray, pack of hot dogs, bag of charcoal, some snacks for kids field trip they are fuggin GREAT.

Jesus christ,,,, no one said you had to buy goddamm shoes and school clothes there.

I don't get the hate

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We have three Dollar Generals within 5 miles, along with a Family Dollar or two, and just down the road a bit further, a Dollar Tree. Lotsa "Dollar" stores around here in rural Kentucky. They do a booming business, by the looks of their parking lots, which seem to be full all the time.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When one is accustomed to gracious living, it is difficult to relate to the hoi polloi.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Tell me a dollar store where you can buy beer, wine, Charmin, and a gallon of milk? If they had a pharmacy, they'd give Walgreens a run for their money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Tell me a dollar store where you can buy beer, wine, Charmin, and a gallon of milk? If they had a pharmacy, they'd give Walgreens a run for their money.

Dollar General.

It's generally a dollar store. They got some other schit though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When one is accustomed to gracious living, it is difficult to relate to the hoi polloi.

Right?

So youre too good to shop at Dollar General?

I don't live 2 miles from the hospital and 1 mile from the Publix like most condo schmucks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord

Right?

So youre too good to shop at Dollar General?

I don't live 2 miles from the hospital and 1 mile from the Publix like most condo schmucks.

I shop there all the time - I was jabbing those who are too good to shop there. (We so badly need a sarcsm icon.)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My bad

Thought you were all turdlike on me.

Yes, we need a sarcasm font.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Redneck
Already here - opened up about 3 years ago.. Busy too...

Sort of a cross between a Walmart and a 7-11.

The business model seems to be more franchise than company stores like Walmart.

My neighbor is a general contractor. He builds them, sells them to investor groups. He was planning to build a group to keep, but ends up selling them.

Guess it's too easy to turn them over than to keep them for the long haul.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
The grumpies can diss and bitch all they want.

Truth is, they have gallons of milk same price as walmart or kroger. They have beer, ice cream, some frozen foods, a lots of canned goods.

If youre hangin out at the house and discover youre out of Pace picante sauce or need ketchup, can of wasp spray, pack of hot dogs, bag of charcoal, some snacks for kids field trip they are fuggin GREAT.

Jesus christ,,,, no one said you had to buy goddamm shoes and school clothes there.

I don't get the hate
Total agreement. Need some AA or AAA batteries-covered. Ice-there you go. Prices all may not be as good as Walmart, but they are more convenient. There are a couple of big DG's around here that carry about as much stuff as the old pre-Supercenter Walmarts did. At some point though, I reckon you start going backwards on things. Overall, I like them a lot.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Dollar Tree bought Family Dollar and in the process of closing upwards of 400 of the Family Dollar stores and converting a couple hundred more over to strictly Dollar Trees.

Dollar Tree to Close or Rebrand Up to 600 Family Dollar Stores

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (257Bob, 21, 160user, 260madman, 270wsmnutt, 257 roberts, 51 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,368
Posts18,527,313
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.