Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
SDHNTR Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Bought a scope from a seller here a week ago and sent funds via pay pal right away. He sent pics, was responsive, and everything seemed legit. Had several back and forth email exchanges where he kept saying he was gonna send it but was busy over the span of 3-4 days. Then as I was looking for another entirely separate scope the guy responded via pm to my WTB ad and said he had this scope too and he’d send both scopes in same package if I wanted to buy the second one too. I thought about it but decided against buying the second scope. Told the seller that and to please go ahead and ship the first scope that I already paid for. That was 2 days ago and that was the last contact. Several attempts at email for a shipping update have been ignored and he is not responding to multiple emails.

Trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but this doesn’t smell right. Of course he has no posts. Red flag, I know, but I’ve done so many smooth deals here I didn’t even think about it. How long do I give this guy? Not that I have any real recourse at all but at least before I post his name publicly so no one else gets screwed?

GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Bought a scope from a seller here a week ago and sent funds via pay pal right away. He sent pics, was responsive, and everything seemed legit. Had several back and forth email exchanges where he kept saying he was gonna send it but was busy over the span of 3-4 days. Then as I was looking for another entirely separate scope the guy responded via pm to my WTB ad and said he had this scope too and he’d send both scopes in same package if I wanted to buy the second one too. I thought about it but decided against buying the second scope. Told the seller that and to please go ahead and ship the first scope that I already paid for. That was 2 days ago and that was the last contact. Several attempts at email for a shipping update have been ignored and he is not responding to multiple emails.

Trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but this doesn’t smell right. Of course he has no posts. Red flag, I know, but I’ve done so many smooth deals here I didn’t even think about it. How long do I give this guy? Not that I have any real recourse at all but at least before I post his name publicly so no one else gets screwed?

Dude every time I post a WTB ad here I get at least one scammer offering me said item. They always want to communicate via email, and it’s always from an account with no posts.

Sadly, it sounds like you got bamboozled. Hopefully you used regular paypal and can file a complaint. If I’m buying, even from known guys, I’m using Paypal and I’ll eat the fee for my peace of mind.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You used Paypal. Goods & Services, or Friends & Family?

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
S
SDHNTR Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
F and F. I know, dumb. Wasn’t a ton of money, I took a known risk. It’s on me. But the guy had pics of the scope and was engaging, at first.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Start PayPal fraud claim now!

IC B2

S
SDHNTR Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Overkill375
Start PayPal fraud claim now!

Don’t think I can when I did Friends and Family.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Never ever use friends and family to buy goods! I bet you'd rather have paid the 3% now eh?

Hopefully your mistake can be a lesson for other guys reading this.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What 2five7 said. I won’t unless it’s someone who has been on 24hr for several years. So many people ask for F&F and most of them I’d trust. But someone with only a few posts or not much time here ...... that’s a red flag to me

"We don't rent pigs"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Sadly, all the red flags were there. I cant get your money back but shoot me a PM and I'll get you one at cost. Might be the most expensive scope you ever bought but at least you wont be completely out

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
PM sent

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Warping602 is a guy you can count on to deliver what he says he will.

"We don't rent pigs"
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Post his name and address, physical address, MAYBE on of the members live near there and can take a base ball bat to his hands so he can't steal vis a keyboard any more

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by warpig602
Sadly, all the red flags were there. I cant get your money back but shoot me a PM and I'll get you one at cost. Might be the most expensive scope you ever bought but at least you wont be completely out

Great offer from a trusted member!

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Hancock27
Post his name and address, physical address

This...then we can see if he’s running scam on multiple websites/boards. Members here will know what to look out for.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve only had one bad deal on here. I had the address of the seller. A phone call and several emails with documentation of the sale to the local police department quickly cleared up the matter.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I'm assuming if he sent payment through PayPal, he wont have his address.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm no lawyer. But that theft should constitute wire fraud or something. Seems like there should be a federal agency to report it to. If the Feds would make enough arrests and prosecutions that crap would stop.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by warpig602

Warpig is as good as they come. I have had several good transactions with him

Every time I post a wtb ass I get several scammers. I waste their time and make them send me pics. I usually try and get their address so I can expose them.

The latest was tag22211 with an email of tag22211outlook.com. He disappeared when I asked for a pic with a specified object.

Last edited by JSmith62198; 04/13/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If this guy is a fraud, why doesn't someone name him so others don't get taken?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
SDHNTR Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I will, but I’m going to give it until Monday to positively respond, just in case he’s still legit. I’m still hanging on to some hope. The guyknew his stuff and had pics of both scopes I wanted, on of which is hard to find and discontinued. He was responsive at first and obviously knew his stuff, so it wasn’t an obvious fraud. Maybe the guys email went down or something.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1minute, 1eyedmule, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,410
Posts18,507,052
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.