Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Well, the Council of Grand Dragons ain't happy....

Lmao
You said it not me

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That was fun to watch. Who doesn't like a comeback / redemption story? I'm not a big Tiger fan but this win is pretty sweet for him and the game of golf.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Stolen comment from Breitbart: Like America, Tiger couldn't win under Obama.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The media MF’s are slobbering all over their microphones. I won’t be able to listen to talk radio for a week.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Stolen comment from Breitbart: Like America, Tiger couldn't win under Obama.

ROTFFLMFAO !!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by JamesJr
All is well in Negroville.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I'd wager Tiger is only about 35% negro.

In the eyes of the media, that's enough.

My main objection to him is that if he'd been a White dude named Johnny Woods, he would not have gotten a tenth of the media coverage he has gotten. Because golf has traditionally been dominated by Whites, with the occasional Hispanic, Oriental, or Indian thrown in for good measure, it behooved the media to have a Black guy that was good at it, and Tiger was and now has made his "comeback".......the comeback that that same sports media has been talking about for years.

I don't like golf, and it doesn't matter to me whether he wins, or whether some European with a funny name does, but I do get tired of hearing about it. For the next year all that the sports media will be talking about will be how his winning the Masters is the greatest comeback ever in sports.......and not for one for one minute will they mention that there really aren't that many great golfers in the game right now. He got lucky, and more power to him, because he has the talent to win, and when you're that talented it really shouldn't be a surprise.......unless you're Black and the media idolizes you.

I bet your daddy never grew tired of beating your ass.

Thanks for the visual. JJ never ceases to publicize his asinine ignorance.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Awesome achievement.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Awesome achievement.

I called him to win on the 1st day, congrats to the greatest player in history.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Always thought he had a few more majors left in him. Good for him.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Let's put this into perspective. Today was a great win and a solid comeback for Tiger and for the good of the game.

IMHO, the greatest comeback in golf belongs to Ben Hogan. Born in Texas, dad kills himself in front of the boy, Ben quits high school to go pro. Flew planes in the Army Air Corp during WWII, then starts winning on tour. Wins a bunch of tournaments and then gets into a head-on with a Greyhound in the late 40's with his wife. They're lucky to survive. He's all broken up, broken back, pelvis, ankle, ribs, etc. He's back on tour within a year. Wins everything there is to win; The Masters twice, the US Open 4 times, the British, and the PGA twice - all after the accident and after age 40. Medicine didn't even know what rehab was back then. He had the best swing in golf before or since, won 69 tournaments and 9 majors...he rarely played the PGA because his legs couldn't hold up much past 18 holes - before they changed the format, the PGA was 36 hole match play. That's the greatest comeback and I would think that Tiger would agree.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Let's put this into perspective. Today was a great win and a solid comeback for Tiger and for the good of the game.

IMHO, the greatest comeback in golf belongs to Ben Hogan. Born in Texas, dad kills himself in front of the boy, Ben quits high school to go pro. Flew planes in the Army Air Corp during WWII, then starts winning on tour. Wins a bunch of tournaments and then gets into a head-on with a Greyhound in the late 40's with his wife. They're lucky to survive. He's all broken up, broken back, pelvis, ankle, ribs, etc. He's back on tour within a year. Wins everything there is to win; The Masters twice, the US Open 4 times, the British, and the PGA twice - all after the accident and after age 40. Medicine didn't even know what rehab was back then. He had the best swing in golf before or since, won 69 tournaments and 9 majors...he rarely played the PGA because his legs couldn't hold up much past 18 holes - before they changed the format, the PGA was 36 hole match play. That's the greatest comeback and I would think that Tiger would agree.

I once took golf lessons from an old timer who actually played a few rounds with Hogan.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And Prime Ben Hogan against Prime Tiger Woods ?......lol, that's perspective

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Tiger was was a guy who was never comfortable in his skin. He played golf because of his father and it is what he’s always done. I read where he wanted to join the military and be a special forces guy at one point. I’m hoping this means he’s come to terms with his unhappiness and is at peace inside. I had a pretty wise man tell me that if you make a job out of something you like you will burn out and start to dislike it. If you stick with it you eventually come back around and start to like it again. I’m hoping this is where Tiger is now. Playing because he wants to play and not because of his father , expectations , and contracts.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just Imagine if the old time greats like Bobby Jones or Sam Snead had the same golf club technology that Tiger has to play with.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/14/19.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Just Imagine if the old time greats like Bobby Jones or Sam Snead had the same golf club technology that Tiger has to play with.

Yep, and Sam Snead never played the majors well.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Awesome achievement.

That would be an accomplishment if you had put a meaningful amount of cash on the line.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Awesome achievement.

That would be an accomplishment if you had put a meaningful amount of cash on the line.

We appreciate your contribution to the thread,,,,thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My favorite golfer of all time . . . "Five Lessons" - Ben Hogan (get it if you want to play better golf)

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Watching a guy earn some redemption is awesome.

You don't luck into the green jacket. Especially after major back surgery. No matter what happens from here on out, he made a complete comeback. Climbed the mountain again. Earned it. The MASTERS!

I am rooting for him to do that personally as well, if he hasn't done so already. Not for me to judge either way on that score. I hope The Man Upstairs is merciful in that regard, seeing as I'll need some mercy myself.

Kudos Tiger Woods. Set some thing right today, and that's always a good thing.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why in the hell is it already over?

Just got home and see Tiger won.

Weather?

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

356 members (16gage, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 1936M71, 51 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,148
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.