Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EdM
Wasn't Ross a farmer in Colorado then?

I didn't know he farmed any but I'm fairly certain he was in the cattle business.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not to disparage Ross, but I wouldn’t look at what competitive shooters did 30 years ago to validate what I’m doing right now.

It’s comparable to building a race car today around blueprints for a 1985 Mustang.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have any photos of them, but I know a few guys who have actually killed many things (animals) with a handgun, from positions - or stances, if you will - that would look completely wrong to most of you. At least a couple of them do it amazingly fast and accurate - on moving targets - and they're doing it with run of the mill pistols in major calibers. They do a lot of shooting.

Just sayin'.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Gracie won UFC 1.

In 1994.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I don't have any photos of them, but I know a few guys who have actually killed many things (animals) with a handgun, from positions - or stances, if you will - that would look completely wrong to most of you. At least a couple of them do it amazingly fast and accurate - on moving targets - and they're doing it with run of the mill pistols in major calibers. They do a lot of shooting.

Just sayin'.

Exactly.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Gracie won UFC 1.

In 1994.

Easily and without a Weight Class and in multiple bouts on the same night.................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I took that picture of Ross at Bianchi Cup #3....he didn’t shoot the first one and for the second one he shot a Don Fisher gun with an extended BarSto barrel (he didn’t take the match seriously so he didn’t bother using his Pachmayr—although he wore his “lucky cowboy white shirt” {another story} he started wearing “regular” shirts after he won the world shoot IIRC). There was no movement during this picture—-all Bianchi events are static. Yes, he shot this way all the time. Yes he was a cattle rancher. Yes he shot Pachmayr’s, this one had an extended 6” BarSto—-I don’t know if he shot this at theWorld Shoot or not but he used a standard 5” at the 78, 79 and 80 US Nationals.

Last edited by gmoats; 04/21/19.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The hand tooled holster and belt he is using is pre Bill Rogers/Safariland, and also no need for speed a Bianchi. The gun has the front site on the slide and is pre Clark tapered cone sight on the comp. bowling pin. Don Fisher was just starting to convert Browning HP to 9 major, and the gamers and martial artists were just starting to argue on the direction of IPSC.

Eugene Berger in Grand Junction, Ron Avery, and Larry Spain were some of the shooters who were faster, but lacked the resources (private airplane) to make all the matches, let alone hunt big game abroad.

Bergers, who started Double Tap bullets, shot from very compressed stances, but didn't stop Eugene from winning the Steel Challenge.

Im pretty sure they would have done just as well today using, STIs SVI and dot sights.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

357 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 16penny, 10ring1, 257_X_50, 52 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.