Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Years ago a friend rolled on one for a couple weeks but only back & forth to work which wasn't very far. I never had a vehicle with a spare like that and don't think I ever would.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
When I was a teenager my dad had an 89 Nissan pickup with 5 speed manual. It had a flat and we had to put the donut spare on. I loved it because I could power break it and do Smokey burnouts much easier with that little dinky tire on. One evening of that grenaded the spider gears in the rear end. We had to change out the entire rear axle.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by viking
Break down and buy a set of tires😂

‘Nother 18 months and I’ll get a set with a new vehicle attached wink

What happens in 18 months?

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
FREEEEDOMMM!!!!!

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never used one myself.
One night I was cruising down 81 in the right lane and saw 4 way flashers a long ways back in the left lane. I was going about 65 or 70, flow of traffic.
They caught and passed me with a donut spare on the right front.
At least they thought it'd be safer with the flashers.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
chit my stepson drove around on one for weeks

They prob’ly field-tested them at 100mph and a few thousand miles when they invented em. So if you cratered a tire out past Fort Stockton or somewhere late at night, I expect one could roll on the donut till morning, long as it wasn’t on the drive wheel.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't use 'em on my truck at all, since the spare is full sized, but I have used them when necessary on a car. No more than about 50mph, and no further than I have to.
However, I did build a trailer in California with hub spindles for full sized car tires, not trailer tires. I then when to the local "you-pull-it" wrecking yard and picked up a dozen free donut tires on rims to fit. They come in with every vehicle, and take up space the wrecking yard would rather use for parts that sell. They gave 'em away for free, so I had free tires for the life of the trailer.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Realistically, how many drivers today know which end of the car is the drive end? I'll bet less than 10% of the drivers know to put a donut on the right end.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Only once - and it was about 40 miles total (wife's car).. Nice thing about a truck is that it has a full-sized spare tire..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Realistically, how many drivers today know which end of the car is the drive end? I'll bet less than 10% of the drivers know to put a donut on the right end.

I do now, but I’ve never used a donut on a rear wheel drive vehicle, I just moved a tire up from in back if the flat was in front, put the donut on in back.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Do you own anything that isn't a complete POS?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
See them all too often around here, people going 80 mph on the expressways with them!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There was a duo staring at a flat tire outside my house the other day. First I walked past but after a couple more beers I walked outside to find them still staring at the tire. I asked "Do you need help?"

You'd have thought I just walked off Mt. Sinai with some stone tablets.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've driven several hundred miles on one when I've had a flat on a trip in the middle of the night with no place to get it fixed. I didn't slow down either, regular interstate speed until I got home.

They're not going to mess up your differential either, that's BS. Maybe it would wear out the clutches if you put one on a 68 chevelle with positraction but it's not going to hurt your Honda Civic.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
My daughter had to drive from Palmer to Fairbanks on one several years ago. A Sunday and no open shops. She set the cruise at the spare tire speed limit and rolled 300+ miles. The good thing is she increased her MPG by more than 30%.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The Highlander we bought in January had one. I bought a full size rim on ebay and had a tire mounted on it for our spare.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nobody in my family rolls on a donut optional vehicle.

Buy a rim and a tire.

Then again, if you can't afford four decent tires to begin with, this probably isn't an option.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last week, my wife blew a tire about 9 pm in Salida Colorado. No tire stores open, so we drive the 77 miles back home and then another 30 to Colorado Springs the next day. I stopped twice to snug up the lug nuts.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Put 4 donuts on and you got a Lowrider.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,470
Posts18,471,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.