Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't generally carry a spare mag for the Glock 17.

Lot's of good reasons to do so...………..but I like living on the edge.....grin

I've met you - bad asses don't need no spare mags grin

Last edited by JGray; 04/16/19.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'd never admit to carrying a "manbag" on this site......never.

Tough to beat a Satchel.

Hint.............

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I wear these suspenders every day. They are strong, and do not get in the way of where I put my holster (strongside or stong side behind hip bone). They keep everything riding where it should be.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-contractor-suspenders-91236.html

Yeah, but what if I don't want to look like a doofus? grin

...and you obviously have not met the man grin

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I wear these suspenders every day. They are strong, and do not get in the way of where I put my holster (strongside or stong side behind hip bone). They keep everything riding where it should be.

No Jethro jokes from your local co-constuents? laugh

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt

No Jethro jokes from your local co-constuents? laugh

Naah, Jethro used a rope to keep his pants up!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was down by the southern border, I'd be rolling heavy too. Here in MT, it's a little different.

That's probably the best answer.

Everybody's situation is different.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I was down by the southern border, I'd be rolling heavy too. Here in MT, it's a little different.

That's probably the best answer.

Everybody's situation is different.

I’m a long ways from the border. Unfortunately they all pass by me on their way North. Some even stay. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

Yeah, but what if I don't want to look like a doofus? grin

[Linked Image]

That's easy....just don't walk around with a just-fu-cked-the-neighbors-cat grin on your face...…….grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Saw this article on AllOutdoor today and figured it worthy of discussion here.

I always carry 1 extra magazine. Used to carry 2 in a mag holster, but that got to feeling like a duty belt. Made me understand why cops always walk with their elbows out. laugh

Interested in knowing what everybody else does. ??

Yes. At least one reload.

A person would feel pretty silly when the nutcuttin' came, and he ran out of ammo at a critical time. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Enjoyed the thread, made me think and laugh. Lotta good points around where I live they say plausible combat range is 7-12 yds, shooting at anyone past that will get you looked at real hard by the law (why didn't you retreat?) Deflaves point. Guess it should most likely come down to what you think you might have to take on ,worst case scenario. Hard enough to carry a full size ccw without it being obvious, never mind 2-3 extra mags. Sometimes I carry a DAO M60 SW 38 and others a CZ semi auto in 9 or 40. I was a boy scout once half a century a go, never did forget "be prepared". Guess that is why I carry a AR and a pump gun in the truck as well. Truck all ways seems to have more ammo in it than all these arsenals some criminal has. No matter what you got, the liberals will still fault you for standing up against some perp. WTF after the first shot the rest are free right? Carry what you can easily conceal, out sight, out of mind. Do what you gotta when the time comes. trust your self and don't worry about what anyone else does. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

Don't get me wrong, if I'm schit kicking in the woods or mountains I carry a healthy amount of ammo.

But for day in and day out just going to store or whatever, I just don't see where Joe Schit the Ragman is going to be well served by engaging anything with 50 rounds of ammo. If anything it will just get you shot by the po-po.

I think a "fire and flee" approach makes more sense.

The decision is almost always situational.

I'm sure most of us do a conscious or subconscious threat assessment every time we are heading out the door.

you pretty much got it down, it is situational. overlooking the issue with semiautomatics, and a jam or malfunction, most likely rare, is the issue of multiple targets with various degrees of threat. We were practicing that clear back in the 70's, when everyone was using six shot revolvers.
i did have a situation one time with about ten or so armed very drunk bikers, that another guy and i had to arrest. I would have liked to have had a MP5. And i do live near the border, which is everywhere these days in arizona, with phoenix being one of the major transit points for narco's.
and i have come across large groups of illegals with coyotes on the desert.
Given that situation i always had some kind of black rifle in the truck, and both extra mags for it and the sidearm.
There was a local situation in prescott just last weekend where a man and wife, unarmed, got jumped by four people described as hispanics.
The man got the snot kicked out of him.
whatever makes you comfortable.
I felt comfortable for years with a model 19 and some speed loaders, still do to some extent. But those high cap mags are there for a reason.
I had to go to a court proceeding a few years ago, one of the armed guys in the courthouse was packing a mag holder for four spare mags.
i was kind of snickering at that, but not so much anymore.
i shouldd add it is much different shooting paper targets than having a firearm pointed at somebody knowing that somebody might be meeting eternity shortly. You get pretty wired up. Which is the reason you hear of some cops dumping a whole magazine out of that glock 17.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 04/16/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chit! I wear my FLC (fighting load carrier) with my basic load of 210 rds of 5.56 everyday! You never know when the revolution is going to kick off!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PREACH it brother!

Hint.............(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by gunner500

Weight should never be a concern with staying alive, there isn't a swinging dick on here that hasn't begged, connived, pleaded, hoodwinked his way into gladly hoisting a 120lb woman up in the shower and hammering himself stupid! and will every damn chance he gets.

Carrying extra ammo could be the difference in getting to do that again, not to mention being alive to watch out for that woman and kids for the remainder of your life....

Jerry, I never thought of it that way, but that's a right smart way of putting it.

Anyways, I always carry at least one spare mag/speedstrip for any single-stack or revolver. A Glock can usually stay fed on what's in the magazine, or to fight my way back to the other magazines I have stashed in the truck/backpack.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'd never admit to carrying a "manbag" on this site......never.

..you're behind the times...what do you think all those "sling bags" are that are in the "Tacticool" magazines... I've been carrying this little black pouch since the 1990s. It's also a nice place to stash my backup gun...

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Yondering
I carry a spare mag, mainly because mag-related malfunctions are the most likely thing to cause a problem. I understand why some prefer to carry more than 1 spare although I don't myself. I don't see any good reason not to carry at least one; stuff happens we can't predict, and having a spare is no hindrance to my everyday life.
Good point.
No.

It really ain’t a good point.

Who the fugk is walking around with a mag that induces malfunctions in their carry weapon? How often does this occur?

Good point.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Yondering
I carry a spare mag, mainly because mag-related malfunctions are the most likely thing to cause a problem. I understand why some prefer to carry more than 1 spare although I don't myself. I don't see any good reason not to carry at least one; stuff happens we can't predict, and having a spare is no hindrance to my everyday life.
Good point.
No.

It really ain’t a good point.

Who the fugk is walking around with a mag that induces malfunctions in their carry weapon? How often does this occur?

Good point.

And that's why I strapped with Glock Perfection!......Get Some!!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

And that's why I strapped with Glock Perfection!......Get Some!!!

Only way to go.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Big Stick

[Linked Image]

You can fugkin' keep that lever on the bottom operating fugkin' schit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Here's what my nephew packs along on duty (8PM to 6AM shift in the Phoenix ghetto).

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

PS I went on a ride along for his entire shift a couple of weeks ago. Crazy stuff.

Last edited by The_Real_Hawkeye; 04/16/19. Reason: Details removed.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,480 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.