Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
If I was down by the southern border, I'd be rolling heavy too. Here in MT, it's a little different.

Don't get me wrong, if I'm schit kicking in the woods or mountains I carry a healthy amount of ammo.

But for day in and day out just going to store or whatever, I just don't see where Joe Schit the Ragman is going to be well served by engaging anything with 50 rounds of ammo. If anything it will just get you shot by the po-po.

I think a "fire and flee" approach makes more sense.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I wear these suspenders every day. They are strong, and do not get in the way of where I put my holster (strongside or stong side behind hip bone). They keep everything riding where it should be.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-contractor-suspenders-91236.html

Yeah, but what if I don't want to look like a doofus? grin

[Linked Image]

Last edited by The_Real_Hawkeye; 04/16/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never carry a spare mag, if my loaded CCW doesn't do the job it's time to back out.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes! Two is better yet! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
I carry a spare mag, mainly because mag-related malfunctions are the most likely thing to cause a problem. I understand why some prefer to carry more than 1 spare although I don't myself. I don't see any good reason not to carry at least one; stuff happens we can't predict, and having a spare is no hindrance to my everyday life.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave
If I was down by the southern border, I'd be rolling heavy too. Here in MT, it's a little different.

Don't get me wrong, if I'm schit kicking in the woods or mountains I carry a healthy amount of ammo.

But for day in and day out just going to store or whatever, I just don't see where Joe Schit the Ragman is going to be well served by engaging anything with 50 rounds of ammo. If anything it will just get you shot by the po-po.

“Fire and Flee”, is a good plan! That “back-up” magazine may provide you with the “fire” to accomplish that! Just a thought! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Yondering
I carry a spare mag, mainly because mag-related malfunctions are the most likely thing to cause a problem. I understand why some prefer to carry more than 1 spare although I don't myself. I don't see any good reason not to carry at least one; stuff happens we can't predict, and having a spare is no hindrance to my everyday life.

Good point.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by memtb

“Fire and Flee”, is a good plan! That “back-up” magazine may provide you with the “fire” to accomplish that! Just a thought! memtb

Or the opportunity to top off your gun for plausible deniability.😇

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Reloading is one thing.

Reloading twice is quite another.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Good point.

No.

It really ain’t a good point.

Who the fugk is walking around with a mag that induces malfunctions in their carry weapon? How often does this occur?

IC B3

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rarely...

Have been studying gunfights, both LE and civilian, since the early 1980s. From the stats I have seen LE ends up with a reload in about 7% of their gun fights. Civilians....0.00001%.

I've asked most of the big name trainers if they have examples of a civilian reload where shots were fired after the reload...none. Or run out of ammo and a reload could have been done if available and ended up injured or dead...none. I've seen a couple of accounts of reloading but hard to verify...

In Tom Givins book FIGHTING SMARTER he had over 60 students in gunfights and not a one needed a reload. He said a couple topped off after the fight was over but it didn't change the outcome any...

That said, I do carry a ManBag that has my checkbook wallet, sunglasses case, and a bunch of other small stuff that I don't want stuffed in my pockets or used to be on me when I wore a vest. There is a extra magazine in there.

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only time it is HABIT,is when schlepping something with a mag disconnect safety...which means S&W 41's.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Good point.

No.

Who the fugk is walking around with a mag that induces malfunctions in their carry weapon? How often does this occur?

At least I won’t have to “flee” like you! 😜

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/16/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Good point.

No.

Thinking if you can't get the job done in 15 rounds, you damn well better flee.

And I'd like to see those stories of confirmed proper mags failing in a gunfight.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

The decision is almost always situational.

I'm sure most of us do a conscious or subconscious threat assessment every time we are heading out the door.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Well put. (Insult would normally go here).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only time I've ever thought that I might come in 2nd Place,was on Chichagof. Had (5) Brownies in proximity,the furthest being 20yds away. (2) Boars to my left and a Sow and Twins to my right,post Rut(luckily).

I KNEW someone would find the Satin Nickle BHP in my mitts emptied,but really didn't know what the Final Score was gonna read.(grin)

An extry mag(which I had on me at the time),wasn't gonna "help" and I luckily managed to slip away,less pressing the trigger.

Woulda made a nice video.

Hint....................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Ah the old "Mall Ninja" mentality appears! At this point one of the resident Mall Ninjas will chime in telling us how they always carry three 30 round spare mags for their Glock 26 and practice mag changes using their anus.

Last edited by dla; 04/16/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd never admit to carrying a "manbag" on this site......never.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Hope your lawyer ain't a gentile.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,468 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,680
Posts18,493,876
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.