Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Szumi Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I live out in the country where you have a box at the edge of the road, the postal carrier doesn't come to your door.

After years of dealing with a box in winter facing a open field in winter and a brain dead postal carrier, not to mention snow plows, I rented a post office box in the local post office. That worked great. I could swing by after work and get my stuff. Then they changed the hours to 10 AM to 2:30 PM as it is a small post office. Well that is a problem, I can't take off work to get there and it is a pain to have others get my stuff.

So the logical choice would be use UPS/FEDEX that will drive up the driveway and leave it at my door. When that happens it works.

However, it seems just about every mail order seller thinks USPS/FEDEX/UPS is interchangeable. They are not. USPS will not bring a package to my house because I have a POB. Since I don't put the POB on the shipping information they send unknown address info to the shipper when my physical address doesn't resolve. This is a royal pain in the arse.

How do those in my situation deal with this crap?

Thanks

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I quit buying from Midway because of this. They owe me and refuse to refund for a magazine I never got, ordered as a favor for a friend.
Over 30 yrs as a customer, they have screwed up the last time for me.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You should have a physical street or county road of some type for 911/fire/police. I live in a village 2 blocks from the PO so the box is free. I just leave off the mailing address and use the home address that big brown and FedEx can find. Funny thing is that I have ordered stuff that they couldn’t ship to a PO Box, but it ended up in that box when sent UPS surepost.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My post office told me to use the physical address of the post office, then my box number.

Joe Blow
PO Box 123
Anywhere, USA

Becomes
Joe Blow
100 Main Street #123
Anywhere, USA

Check with your post master. I don’t leave anything at the door anymore.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have both. I couldn’t buy guns with a PO Box on my drivers license.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Szumi
I live out in the country where you have a box at the edge of the road, the postal carrier doesn't come to your door.

After years of dealing with a box in winter facing a open field in winter and a brain dead postal carrier, not to mention snow plows, I rented a post office box in the local post office. That worked great. I could swing by after work and get my stuff. Then they changed the hours to 10 AM to 2:30 PM as it is a small post office. Well that is a problem, I can't take off work to get there and it is a pain to have others get my stuff.

So the logical choice would be use UPS/FEDEX that will drive up the driveway and leave it at my door. When that happens it works.

However, it seems just about every mail order seller thinks USPS/FEDEX/UPS is interchangeable. They are not. USPS will not bring a package to my house because I have a POB. Since I don't put the POB on the shipping information they send unknown address info to the shipper when my physical address doesn't resolve. This is a royal pain in the arse.

Thanks

I live out in the country and they drop the packages off at my door step. I think maybe your dealing with a lazy Post Office/Postmaster.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 16bore
My post office told me to use the physical address of the post office, then my box number.

Joe Blow
PO Box 123
Anywhere, USA

Becomes
Joe Blow
100 Main Street #123
Anywhere, USA

Check with your post master. I don’t leave anything at the door anymore.

This is what the PO says to do. It works (ir)regardless of shipping method.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Szumi

Thanks

Does your PO have larger parcel boxes for items not needing signatures?

I get a key in my box, retrieve package, and return key to the key slot.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
[quote=Szumi]I

That's the way our post office handles larger packages. Of course, it's a small post office in an unincorporated "village," so any packages addressed to our physical address end up in our post office box or in one of the oversize boxes. If it is too big for the oversize boxes, we get the pink slip in the post office box. As long as whoever picks up your box mail has the pink slip, they can get the package from the postmaster.

Last edited by mudhen; 04/17/19.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mudhen
Originally Posted by ironbender
[quote=Szumi]I

That's the way our post office handles larger packages. Of course, it's a small post office in an unincorporated "village," so any packages addressed to our physical address end up in our post office box or in one of the oversize boxes. If it is too big for the oversize boxes, we get the pink slip in the post office box. As long as whoever picks up your box mail has the pink slip, they can get the package from the postmaster.

Yessir. Same.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dealt with that for years. We now have a 911 address.

New UPS driver couldn;t find my neighbors house in the pre 911 addy days and came looking 3 times in one day for the house. I finally told him there's a dead possum at the end of the lane.

"I know where that is", said he. Never came back so I assume that he delivered the parcel.

True story.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,078
Posts18,482,745
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.