Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Oh,...you were talking about the mini bike.

I thought you were talking about 7th and North Lime.

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by SamOlson

I bought one last month. Been riding the chit out of it!

I would post a photo of it but Rick's image stuff doesn't work so hot.

Last edited by dennisinaz; 04/28/19.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Dynas are still popular in Southern California.

I am impressed!

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh,...you were talking about the mini bike.

I thought you were talking about 7th and North Lime.

You know if it's that 10 bucks holding you back we could pass the hat for you. Course we're going to need pictures.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
“I was sad because I was sitting on a lawn mower, and then I met a man who had no mower.”

Actually 30 minutes with a weed whacker takes care of my own postage stamp.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I’m sure it looks like it too.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
My sister adopted four Polish kids, they turned out so friggin’ smart we decided we were gonna get ALL our kids from Poland from now on, except the oldest one still sounds like Count Dracula when she speaks English.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Concerning that mini bike,..you would be seriously amazed at what a 3.5 HP lawnmower motor will do if you over-ride the governor on the carburetor and replace the muffler with a straight pipe.

Some motor head guys I knew in high school bought some kid's go carts with 3.5HP Briggs and Stratton motors and did that to the motors. There was a church across the street with an asphalt parking lot and they would bring them there to goof around with them. The carts would go fast enough to make you pay attention. Taking a sharp turn while wide open would drift the rear end of the cart on asphalt.

It doesn't take long to blow up a lawnmower motor turned loose like that, however. They would blow oil through the crank seals, also,...so you had to keep an eye on the oil level.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ya but the rich kids had Honda Minitrail 50’s.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

I’m sure it looks like it too.

Indeed cool Surprised the HOA ain’t been on my case......

Oh wait!!!!! We don’t have one....... grin

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by renegade50
I've got to get my bike cleaned up and ready for summer. I've been too busy maintaining lawnmowers and mounting tractor tires to mess with the bike.

The motorcycle lift I bought for the Dyna comes in handy for lifting the front of the mower when it's time to scrape it out and put freshly sharpened blades on,...and the impact wrench that I bought to install the aftermarket primary spline adapter on the Burgman comes in handy for removing and installing said lawnmower blades.

So that's where 2019 finds me. Motorcycle maintenance tools and equipment have turned into lawnmower tools and equipment. And instead of flaunting the speed limit with a big cc motorcycle out on the interstate,..I'm perched on the seat of a zero turn mower doing an endless series of left turns at 4.5 mph.

A philosopher would probably have something profound to say about the situation,...but I ain't no philosopher.

I'm a mower.

Toss it up!!!

Mow opposite direction next time and do right turns.

If the clippings allow it .

You gotta mow it twice if you turn right,...end up with a big pile of grass mulch in the center of the yard when you finish.

Not really. Start in the middle. No problem. Or do like I do and mulch. You Harley Guys ain't none too bright.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
2003-2004 Suzuki 650 Burgman's had faulty primary spline adapters as they came from the factory. If the adapter took a dump it would fry the transmission,..and they were taking a dump with alarming regularity. A guy in Poland started manufacturing some that would fix the problem so I sent off to Poland for one of them and installed it in my bike. They've got videos in English that detail the process now. But back when I installed mine I only had this to go by. I wanted my wife to translate, but she was unfamilar with a lot of the mechanical terms he was using.

I didn't know what da fug he was saying, but after watching the video a couple of times, I figured it out. I didn't beat the hell out of mine with a brass hammer, however.

Just buy the DR650 and be done with it. Rode it around a bit today, great bike.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Looking at the Bergmann video, it occurred to me that a Bergmann must be a whole lot easier to keep clean that a regular motorcycle.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Paddler
2003-2004 Suzuki 650 Burgman's had faulty primary spline adapters as they came from the factory. If the adapter took a dump it would fry the transmission,..and they were taking a dump with alarming regularity. A guy in Poland started manufacturing some that would fix the problem so I sent off to Poland for one of them and installed it in my bike. They've got videos in English that detail the process now. But back when I installed mine I only had this to go by. I wanted my wife to translate, but she was unfamilar with a lot of the mechanical terms he was using.

I didn't know what da fug he was saying, but after watching the video a couple of times, I figured it out. I didn't beat the hell out of mine with a brass hammer, however.

Just buy the DR650 and be done with it. Rode it around a bit today, great bike.

DR650's are dual purpose bikes. They're good for what they're good for. But a 650 Burgman is a middleweight Goldwing. They're made for eating up lots of miles at interstate speeds comfortably.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
No clutch or shifter on the Burgman so you're feet have nothing to do and can be positioned various ways along the footboards. Also, there's no tank between your knees so you have lots more positions that you can squirm around to to keep yourself comfortable.

After putting 20,000 miles on mine, my typical interstate droning position is riding one handed with my right hand on the throttle, leaned forward with my left elbow on my left knee, right leg stretched out in front of me with my foot on the inclined area of the footboard,...very comfortable. No stress on my back.

They're very smooth even at speeds far beyond what the police will allow you to get away with.

A typical scenario for 650 Burgman owners is a man with a Goldwing who bought the 650 Burgman for his wife to ride along with him instead of riding 2 up. Of course, the guy had to give the Burgman a try every now and then. After a while he sells the Goldwing and buys a 650 Burgman for himself.

Lots of guys go from a Goldwing to a 650 Burgman.

D
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
D
BMW 1200 GS, look no further!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The perfect murder-cycle is the one you admire while riding in your much safer vehicle. One thing a motorcycle will get youis killed.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Typical review:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2014/03/suzuki-burgman-650-abs-md-ride-review/

At speed, the Burgman handles well, reflecting its low center of gravity. Although it changes direction relatively well, it is not nearly as nimble as some of the smaller scooters out there. In exchange, the Burgman is extremely stable at high speeds, and is capable of speeds far in excess of the speed limit here on California roads. The Burgman has plenty of power to cruise comfortably at 75 mph or higher.

After riding the Burgman for a while, I really missed having the ability to carry items with me on my motorcycle without wearing a backpack, for instance. The Burgman can spoil you in other ways, as well, when you are looking for a comfortable, low drama cruise. You have to experience relaxing your feet, and having the ability to move them into several different positions, in order to appreciate how comfortable this is. In addition, the lower body wind protection is hard to match on any motorcycle, including luxury tourers.

With its speed, comfort, economy and luggage capacity, the Burgman will be an interesting and attractive alternative for many motorcyclists who are looking for a relaxing way to commute or tour.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by pal
Sitting here burning up the iPhone will watching over the grandkid...

What I would want in a motorcycle.

1) ABILITY TO PULL 80 ALL DAY LONG ON THE INTERSTATE.

...I have heard this eliminates the Harley Sportsters which do pull 80, but which beat you Death doing so.

3) THREE CYLINDERS OR LESS.

When loping along at a moderate speed, one to three cylinders impart a pleasant, companiable rhythm whereas IME inline fours are just dull as a post when not wound out.

4) SERIOUS CORNERINGING CLEARANCE.

When it comes to roadbike skills, corners are everything. Gotta be able to lean 30+ degrees in corners. This eliminates all Harleys except for the Sportster cafe racer, which barely makes the cut.

6) REBUILDABLE IN A PARKING LOT...

You really don't know what you're talking about.

CORNERINGING is very importantant.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Paddler

You Harley Guys ain't none too bright.

We do what we can with the poor, feeble minds that have been bestowed upon us.

Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

318 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 39 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,571
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.