Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
B
BangPop Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys after they took their own lives. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son behind to deal with the stigma of having his father do himself in with a pistol. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Boy....the empathy....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, you know what they say about opinions....
You have no idea what those guys were dealing with, but I'm glad you think you have the shoulders to carry whatever comes along.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think suicide even pisses God off.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BangPop
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys after they took their own lives. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son behind to deal with the stigma of having his father do himself in with a pistol. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

I can only say that you are clueless to the torments in their mind! There are many reasons, many we cannot fathom, for a person to take his/her own life! You may want to reconsider your position on this! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I think suicide even pisses God off.

...and if anyone wonders what God is thinking we should just ask you ?

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are many reasons, many we cannot fathom, for a person to take his/her own life!

Is it the same when a person takes the life of another? Or a life of another, then their own life?

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Some people do tend to think that way every individual suicide is different for different reasons I've had a few close friends off their self and if you spoke to me with that attitude in person I will tear your f****** head off.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Boy....the empathy....

How do you show empathy to a dead person?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are a pile of bodies in my family compliments of suicide. Even with that I can respect an adult's decision to bring their life to an end. Nobody should have to live a life of pain be it physical or mental.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A permanent solution to a temporary problem. Sad.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Even with that I can respect an adult's decision to bring their life to an end. Nobody should have to live a life of pain be it physical or mental.

I'm with ya. Wanna check out, sign here.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

I used to be of the same opinion as you......until I knew someone who was a great guy who became severely depressed and couldn't live with the things he had to do for his country, this man wasn't a chicken schit by any stretch of the imagination.

Through past experiences I believe that when most get to this point their mind is so fuqked up that they are incapable of being selfish as their mind is not working correctly at the time.

I can't imagine what has gone so wrong as to want to die, something has got to be really wrong in the mind to get to that point.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't imagine what has gone so wrong as to want to die, something has got to be really wrong in the mind to get to that point.

I'm not sure how someone can jump off a building or someplace like Hoover dam. crazy

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Although I don't think suicide is the answer, I don't know what the person is going through. Maybe they found out they have something like cancer and want to end it before they are in pain. Maybe they are going through something mentally. I can just say I am glad that I am not going through that. I have family members who have DNR because of other health issues. Who am I to judge what another is going through.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys but decided to chase strange. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son and wife behind just so he could bang 20 year old strippers. He now has NOTHING to do with his son. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years to screw a 46 year old woman. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

Same feeling with the 'Fire?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Have you ever had anyone close to you kill themselves?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Why do so many of you have problems with black 'dads' having nothing to do with their children? How do you know what is going on inside their heads?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by deflave

Have you ever had anyone close to you kill themselves?
Yes, found my grandmother after she shot herself in the head with a 22 pistol when I was 11, never have forgiven her

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 25 invisible), 1,934 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.