Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have you ever fought the Demons?

If you haven't you have no idea what it's like.

So nobody cares what you think of them.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Its a pisser.

I dont think they are chickenshit.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Its a pisser.

I dont think they are chickenshit.

Agreed.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
II have known a few that did it as far back as the '60's. One was a high school classmate. We followed each other from OK to Guam, to the east coast of Florida where we graduated. He was a good kid IMO. He got arrested down in Miami about 6 months after graduation and hung himself in his cell. It was a minor charge and I never quite figured out why he did it other than he was profoundly embarrassed and didn't know how to deal with it.

A few others had medical issues that I doubt anyone that had not dealt with such things could wrap their mind around....epic horror stories....they made a choice regarding their life and the burden they placed on loved ones. That's about all there is to say about it.

Anyone thinking that planet earth has to march to their drummer, please send me whatever you're drinking/smoking, I'd like to try it.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by BangPop
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys after they took their own lives. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son behind to deal with the stigma of having his father do himself in with a pistol. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

I can only say that you are clueless to the torments in their mind! There are many reasons, many we cannot fathom, for a person to take his/her own life! You may want to reconsider your position on this! memtb

Yessir!.....great post memtb. When I was younger my opinion on suicide was less “mature” and far less informed, I felt the same way as the OP and just the thought of someone ending this great life and causing such sorrow really angered me. As I got older and as a result of my chosen profession. I saw so much death and sadness, some intentional deaths and others unintentional but the common emotion was always sadness. In some ways that experience assuaged the anger and softened my spirit regarding suicide. When going to work means you ARE going to be a central figure in other people’s nightmares I think it changes how you want to represent humanity. We all cope with profound/chronic stress differently and there’s no “right way”. I chose to be softer and more empathetic while some of my best friends chose to harden themselves. I’m happy with my choice and in the end that’s what matters because we all have to cope with stress but some people have
an inordinate amount of stress that they shoulder.

I pray for those that are hurting AND for those that ended their pain while creating it for loved ones. It’s not for me to judge but it is incumbent on me to help my brother.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BangPop
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys after they took their own lives..

Try and find a headstone in any cemetery that says anything bad about the dead.
evidently We don't bury bad people , we only bury good people.

Every azzhole and transgressor walking the globe right now, will also have a nice worded headstone one day. ..go figure.

Originally Posted by 12344mag

I can't imagine what has gone so wrong as to want to die, something has got to be really wrong in the mind to get to that point.

The problem could be you , in that you lack their level of imagination.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I know Bang Pop personally and by his chosen profession has seen more death by so many means than most should ever be exposed to. I to have strong feelings on suicide

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I think suicide even pisses God off.

...and if anyone wonders what God is thinking we should just ask you ?

Now that is a spooky thought.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys but decided to chase strange. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son and wife behind just so he could bang 20 year old strippers. He now has NOTHING to do with his son. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years to screw a 46 year old woman. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

Same feeling with the 'Fire?
with me yes

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by blanket
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys but decided to chase strange. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son and wife behind just so he could bang 20 year old strippers. He now has NOTHING to do with his son. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years to screw a 46 year old woman. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

Same feeling with the 'Fire?
with me yes

Agreed, just saying that folks would be pissed at a guy that abandons his child for another chick or decides to suck cock, but he's a hero if abandons his child with a 38 through the temple.

Funny that 'you don't know what demons' doesn't work for infidelity, catching the gay and a lot of other shiet, but 'we're' ok with it when there's a hose pipe through the window.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Whackin yourself ain't no different than postin on the fire.

Nobody knows what you were thinkin, some wonder what you were thinkin, and others think they understand, but never really will.

Might work out the way ya want, might not.

1/3 of the people will be behind it.

1/3 will think you're an @sshole.

1/3 will post that you're doin it wrong.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Suiciders who were liked, can take comfort in that some on the fire will 'send prayers' .. but prayers dont put Humpty's brains and skull back together again.

Ever wondered if some that pull the trigger on themselves were only able to do so after ask'n God to 'give them strength' to carry it out?
its not necessarily a chicken-schit act like some allege.

For all we know God might give them the green light by say'n;.... "Go ahead , make my day"

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Why do so many of you have problems with black 'dads' having nothing to do with their children? How do you know what is going on inside their heads?

Dude.....lmao!! wink

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Don't agree with it at all, and feel for the loved ones left behind. I've known a few myself and will say that they never even gave a hint. They had their reasons so in a fd up kinda way you gotta respect it. Have an old college friend who contacted me a couple of years ago and is not doing well. I can't understand what happened to him. Guys on disability for being crazy I guess. On top of it a DWI has him grounded at his home which his parents pay for. Pick him up once a month when his food stamps are in to take him shopping where he buys a pack of steaks and hot dogs for the rest of the month. Stays drunk all day long and takes psyche pills crash every evening, then repeat the cycle. Finally just stopped talking to him. Can't stand to hear the whining and crying like a little bich. 45 year old looking for attention. I pray for him and hope he'll either man up, or stfu and take care of business.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Best Friend took his life almost 3 years ago. He was a avid hunter and shooter probably the most gifted shooter I have had the pleasure of knowing whether it was a Rifle , Shotgun, Pistol or Bow he was hard to beat. Excellent hunter as well. We shared many a great hunt and spent a lot of time shooting. If you had ask me 5 years ago if he would ever of killed himself I would of said no way. He had it all he had a paid off farm and equipment. Three beautiful daughters and a beautiful wife. But watching him slide downhill from depression and beer was the hardest thing I have ever seen. He once told me he knew he was depressed and if he could fix it he would. I have had a family member try to kill themselves and failed. The kind of hell they are going thru cant be explained.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Most of them WERE great guys at one time. But something happens and they change. People want to remember them before the change. Once you reach that point you're no longer thinking rationally..The guy who pulls the trigger, or swallows a bottle of aspirin isn't the same person he was earlier.. They truly believe what they are doing is the best thing for their family. And even the ones who were a POS have mothers, who mourn them. And I've known of a few where I understand. People facing a certain long painful death from cancer of other horrible diseases have been known to take control and choose when and how they would die. Having watched 1st hand how hard that is for family I'm not so sure a quick death isn't better in some cases.

It is a bigger issue than most people realize. I volunteer on a SAR team. Virtually all of our searches involve looking for people who walked out into the woods to die. We get asked to assist all the time. In the last year I've looked for more than a dozen suspected suicides or murder victims in the woods and traveled from south Florida to northern Indiana. Most don't want to be found, and many are never recovered. We are planning a search this summer in North Carolina for a missing person on National Forest property. Suspected suicide. The ranger we spoke to last week told us they averaged one suicide a week on NF property in NC.

Not being able to have closure is harder for the family. We had a 21 year old male disappear here 4 years ago. We searched for him 5 days in November without finding him. We planned another search in early May and his mother wouldn't let us set up our command post on their property. She was convinced he had just left and would show up any day. We had searched everything within two miles of home in November and widened our search in May. His remains were found within 2 hours. I had been standing less than 100 yards from him when we called the search off in November.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
... Can't stand to hear the whining and crying like a little bich. 45 year old looking for attention. I pray for him and hope he'll either man up,
or stfu and take care of business.

I have personally seen those that bitch and moan endlessly saying they want to end it all and never do ..or ever intend to..

then others I knew that said nothing to nobody about their problem and just privately and quietly ended their existence.

[added;] believe it or not , the death of some of them had the effect of positively driving/urging me on in life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I lost one of my best two friends to suicide. Over a girl who wasn't worth it. Jim was a good guy, and a gifted painter.
The world is less for the loss.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 52 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,548
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.