Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
... Can't stand to hear the whining and crying like a little bich. 45 year old looking for attention. I pray for him and hope he'll either man up,
or stfu and take care of business.

I have personally seen those that bitch and moan endlessly saying they want to end it all and never do ..or ever intend to..

then others I knew that said nothing to nobody about their problem and just privately and quietly ended their existence.

Yeap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BangPop
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys after they took their own lives. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son behind to deal with the stigma of having his father do himself in with a pistol. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

This is a rather hidebound perspective. And has literally nothing to do with not being a "great guy" or manning-up.

Imagine someone so tormented with hopelessness and despair that it could possibly supplant even love for others.
Imagine those same people suffering such low self-worth they could possibly consider themselves a burden to loved ones.
Yeah, you can't imagine it because you're fortunate enough not to have to deal with such anxieties and mental health issues (unless one considers naïveté a mental health issue).

First, count your blessings, then I might suggest you do some research on mental health and suicide - it may be illuminating for you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've seen hundreds of suicides. Some of them were close friends. The only thing they all had in common was a mess they left behind for other people to clean up.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Brother in law did that cshit, damn near killed the wifey.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I've seen hundreds of suicides. Some of them were close friends. The only thing they all had in common was a mess they left behind for other people to clean up.

Truth right there, if you are going to take that way out, do it so your loved ones do not have to deal with the aftermath

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ldholton
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys after they took their own lives. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son behind to deal with the stigma of having his father do himself in with a pistol. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

Some people do tend to think that way every individual suicide is different for different reasons I've had a few close friends off their self and if you spoke to me with that attitude in person I will tear your f****** head off.
angry over what they did?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Suiciders who were liked, can take comfort in that some on the fire will 'send prayers' .. but prayers dont put Humpty's brains and skull back together again.

Ever wondered if some that pull the trigger on themselves were only able to do so after ask'n God to 'give them strength' to carry it out?
its not necessarily a chicken-schit act like some allege.

For all we know God might give them the green light by say'n;.... "Go ahead , make my day"
bad thing with some of them getting the green light is the POS does it in the house with the kids and loved one present, for heavens sake drive to a govn't owned park, get out of your car walk far enough away before you suck on a Glock, and by the way put it into your mouth up against the roof of your mouth before you stroke the trigger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Depression is a serious condition.

Brain chemistry and emotions are complex and have a delicate balance. Mental illness comes in many forms. Who kills themself when they feel good about themselves and life in general?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by blanket
Suiciders who were liked, can take comfort in that some on the fire will 'send prayers' .. but prayers dont put Humpty's brains and skull back together again.

Ever wondered if some that pull the trigger on themselves were only able to do so after ask'n God to 'give them strength' to carry it out?
its not necessarily a chicken-schit act like some allege.

For all we know God might give them the green light by say'n;.... "Go ahead , make my day"
bad thing with some of them getting the green light is the POS does it in the house with the kids and loved one present, for heavens sake drive to a govn't owned park, get out of your car walk far enough away before you suck on a Glock, and by the way put it into your mouth up against the roof of your mouth before you stroke the trigger

That sounds reasonable.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good point....and if the dude is planning leaving the SUV to his son, he'd prefer it don't have brain matter all over the interior
and hole in the roof that needs fixing..

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How many of those suicides were done under the influence of ETOH?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good point....and if the dude is planning leaving the SUV to his son, he'd prefer it don't have brain matter all over the interior
and hole in the roof that needs fixing..

...he hadn’t noticed that the light had changed...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your know what, given all you have cited, I think you need to see the power of depression that would make a man kill himself and leave a child behind. You think it doesn't take a little bit of balls to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger?

You anger just shows that you have no understanding of how debilitating depression and PTSD can be. A lot of pretty brave dudes who served overseas, came back in a lot of pain and depression, and no doubt tried a lot before the depression overtook them.

You need to realize a lot more about depression than you do.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Your know what, given all you have cited, I think you need to see the power of depression that would make a man kill himself and leave a child behind. You think it doesn't take a little bit of balls to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger?

You anger just shows that you have no understanding of how debilitating depression and PTSD can be. A lot of pretty brave dudes who served overseas, came back in a lot of pain and depression, and no doubt tried a lot before the depression overtook them.

Good post Barkoff.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Bullshit

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blanket

Bullshit

Bullschit really?

How many cops and soldiers die every year from depression?
Real puzzies and cowards.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some guys can handle combat better than the can the breakdown of a marriage.

I have friends who say they have done a lot of things both good and bad in the theatre of war,

but what seems to bug them most are the failed personal relationships they have had.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
yeah bullshit, i have no problem with someone offing them self if that is what they want to do. What I do have a problem with is what they do to their families. Depression sucks and when someone turns it all about themselves and does not give a flying [bleep] about the ones they are leaving to deal with it, that pisses me off

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
SD20’s university chum tried to off herself in the dorm a few weeks ago. Took the contents of 3 bottles of anti-depressants she was on and sliced herself up very well. Serendipity saved her, not anything else. Roommate happened home way sooner than expected (supposed to be gone for the weekend).

The girl has been involuntarily kept in a psych ward because she’s a danger to herself. Tried to escape once, was successful a second time and headed straight to Walmart to buy razor blades. Failed again. They’re even resorting to shock treatments to try to treat her. They’ve done all they can to help her and are ready to simply release her because they can’t keep her locked up forever.

She’s opened up to SD20 about her PTSD and depression. Raped by multiple men as a child and taken from her parents and put in a foster home. You connect the dots. We thought it was odd when her parents drove from an hour away the night she first tried and only stayed 5 min. at the hospital.

The pain of living with what was done to her is greater than the pain of cutting herself and bleeding out. Anyone of you want to call her weak?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why should anyone care about the loved ones of some anonymous mans who’s action they are extremely angered by when they’re not completely ambivalent towards? I can understand if the motivation was genuine but just to use the “loved ones” as a way to besmirch every casualty of suicide?
If you have no comprehension of suicide then I’d fall to my knees and thank God for your ignorance in the matter.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 16penny, 02bfishn, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,978
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.