Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I see where they've accepted an offer with contingency. (which means that somebody has to sell their current house first)

I didn't think it would last through the day.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
When ya moving out?

I am MAGA.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
lol,...I didn't buy it. I'm always on the lookout for an investment property to put my old age funds into. But like I said. I wouldn't be able to buy that house without living in it myself,....and I'm not up to moving again.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You was bitching about the cost of an old assed tractor a few months ago....now you are in the market for a investment property??

What have you been growing with your old assed tractor?????

I am MAGA.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You was bitching about the cost of an old assed tractor a few months ago....now you are in the market for a investment property??

lol,...old ass tractors aren't investments. They're toys.

I've got different limits on what I'll spend on toys and what I'll spend on investments.

Besides,....somebody else pays for investment property. You just scratch 20% down out of your old age funds and let the renters pay the rest.

Old ass tractors get paid for outta my pocket.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
You see these old houses in ruins around in this part of the country. But this one has been restored and updated very well. It sets on an acre of land. I checked it out and thought about getting it. But in the end I couldn't pull the trigger on it. I would have bought it as investment property and rented it out,...and I couldn't get used to the idea of putting renters in the place.

Still,...it would be interesting to own a house that's less than 20 years younger than the country.

Somebody will scoop this place.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea..._Georgetown_KY_40324_M30479-94381#photo0

If it only had a sweet treehouse tacked up in that tree.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Is it on the National Register of Historical buildings? That can be a red flag. I'd never buy a property on that register. There are very strict regulations on what you can do with your own property. They even control the type and color of paint you can use on your walls. If it's on it, it was probably added after many of those updates were done.

Ha!

I knew of a house in the middle of an 1125 acre field. It was on the Natl Register, The lease operator bulldozed that place and and all the out buildings so he could get another 4 acres of tillable tow crop. 😄

Wasnt much more than an 1800 century fuggshop for the local mennonites during rumspringa anyway.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only problem is it is in the Bermuda Triangle of Intelligence. Paris, Georgetown and Cynthiana.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

LOL.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Only problem is it is in the Bermuda Triangle of Intelligence. Paris, Georgetown and Cynthiana.

Caucasians as far as the eye can see.

IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

LOL.

Mostly, I've been grading some neighbors gravel driveways and pulling some overgrown shrubs out of their yards with it.

Sometimes I just drive it up and down the road and wave at people. People like to wave at you when you're on a shiny old 8N.

No so much when you're on a 650 Burgman.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Still,...it would be interesting to own a house that's less than 20 years younger than the country.

Somebody will scoop this place.

My house was built less than 50 years after that one. I tell my kids that Abe lincoln was in the same grade they are when it was built!

Its not period correct at all, and dozens of decades of refurbs etc have made things... interesting.

You are right, its neat, and someone WILL scoop that up.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

What about those towns makes it a problem ?

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by gunzo

What about those towns makes it a problem ?

I haven't figured it out either. G-town and Cynthiana are two of my favorites town in Central Ky. Paris,...not so much. But it's not terrible. Just not as nice as Georgetown and Cynthiana.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I have fond memories of running with the Cynthiana crowd back when I was between wives back about 25 years ago,...especially a couple of the women.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Whew! I had to do the math. I was between wives a tic over 30 years ago. Glad you & I haven't shared any hillbilly gravy.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by gunzo
Whew! I had to do the math. I was between wives a tic over 30 years ago. Glad you & I haven't shared any hillbilly gravy.

lol,....I'm sure we're familiar with a lot of the same people.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
So, thinking hilljack must be up a holler down around Fisty Ky. & wonderin about Paris Ky.

If I lived in Fisty, Paris might be a step up. Maybe not.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The part that would trouble me is it sits on only 1 point something acres. What happens when the neighbor subdivides and a neighborhood crowds in?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My house is much newer, 1892, but the principles the same. Old period correct houses are not comfortable to live in, you can have period correct or you can have running water but not both. I like what they've done with it, it's beautiful and comfortable at the same time.

It can be a museum or it can be a home, but it can't be both.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 204guy, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 2,899 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,506
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.