-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A gangsta gonna do what a gangsta gonna do.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The thug dog breed strikes again.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ribka
I wish the breed would Be extinguished

Me too.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm surprised you didn't kill it right then and there.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Goosey
American pit bull terriers used to be the quintessential all-American dogs. It's the owner, not the breed. In this case, maybe the previous owner.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What they don’t tell you in all of that is, being as potentially lethal as they are, any pit bull that showed any aggression towards humans, even just growling or barking, was culled (killed) to maintain the breed standard. Happened every single generation

A practical aspect of this policy was that in a staged match in the pit, a handler had to be able to reach in and separate the dogs if necessary without the dogs biting him

Nowadays a lot of pit bull owners ENCOURAGE their pits to be mean, and even without that nobody culls for behavior any more, haven’t for generations.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No no....they bred them all willy nilly like....

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
At one time pit bulls were everything people believe they are.

Unfortunately, the way to ruin any breed is to make it popular. Then you get idiots and puppy mill breeders just pairing them with no concern for demeanor and other potential flaws. You can argue the same thing with Cocker Spaniels, German Shepherds, Golden's, lots of breeds that were ruined once they became popular.

Pit bulls today are not the same as Petey.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That's right Birdwatcher - that's the problem in the nutshell .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ol_mike
That's right Birdwatcher - that's the problem in the nutshell .

The irony is those few still committed to old-school dogfighting might have the most well-bred and trustworthy pits out there.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good on ya for saving your pup, sir!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm surprised you didn't kill it right then and there.

I have known her dog for 6 years and have seen it around other dogs with no problems. Like a dummy assumed it was well socialized . Cant socialize a pit. Have a rule : I never let my dogs near pits, rotties and chows.

Anyway my gun was in my truck and we were about 50 yards from truck so didn't have time to run to truck and back when the pit had my dog by the throat. I think I put its one eye out as I had my thumb pretty deep down in eye socket. Kicking it sure did not help release its jaws. More concerned making sure my dog was ok and she had control of pit and put it in her truck. I probably should have had her get her dog out of truck and just shot it then and there.

She says she is taking it into animal control today to be put down.

Hand is pretty swollen up today

phuggin pits

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Feed them your weak hand and draw this with your strong hand. Slice and dice to taste.

[Linked Image]

LOL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Chows too?

Are they an aggressive breed as well?

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Chows are very prone to biting but, they aren't time bombs like Pit's are. Pit's will just randomly kill you out of nowhere... I don't know why, it just is. Anyone who says otherwise is drinking their own Koolaid.

Last edited by pdXammo; 05/06/19.

NRA Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several years ago on a nice summer day I was living the good life, kids dropped off at school didn’t have to be to work till noon, so got a decent workout in and then a shower.

I’d let our 3 medium sized dogs out to potty and frolic and left the door open a crack so they could come in for water or to just get outa the heat.

Imagine my surprise when I stepped dripping outa the shower w a towel around my waist to walk in the living room to see what was the fuss about my dogs were making and there stood a pit bull with the spiked collar around its neck !

I’ve always considered myself a fella that will do battle w man or beast ! Provided I was dressed and had a weapon at hand 🤦🏼‍♂️

But I gotta tell ya as much pride as I’d taken in my Johnson over the years it felt sorta puny knowing that was the only thing I had to beat that pit bull over the head with 😳

Actually already was wrapping the towel around my right arm ever so slowly, wondering if any of my dogs would run interference long enough for me to snag a firearm or if I’d get to play tug of war with my right arm Tryna drag a pit bull back to our bedroom .

No I wasn’t gonna try and screw it loose you jabronis, Tis where the nearest firearm was 🤦🏼‍♂️

Fortunately I was able to retrieve said firearm and the dogs had all gone back out and down the driveway as I’d also taken time to slide on a pair of pants and shoes. Hey sue me, so I don’t like to fight nekkid.

I ain’t gonna lie, I was nervous for several seconds until I wrapped that firearm in my hands, happier to see it than a long lost lover.

Those dogs give me the willies

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Feed them your weak hand and draw this with your strong hand. Slice and dice to taste.

[Linked Image]

That might have kicked the dog into overdrive.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Chows too?

Very.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Several years ago while out deer hunting I encountered a pit bull running deer, I put a 12ga. slug thru its chest and it went down thrashing and bawling but not dead. I had to stand on its chest with both feet in order to stop its heart.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kMFF7_1551740367

Pit Bulls Are The Official Dog of Mayhem:

Animal organizations, shelters, and rescuers save pit bulls at the expense of other animals and people. Don't listen to their "advice." They only care about pit bulls, not anyone else. There are thousands of news accounts of these constantly occurring attacks.

Pit Bulls Are The Official Dog of Mayhem. Here we go again and again and again. If we can’t have cougars as pets, then we shouldn’t be able to have pit bull type-dogs.

I agree all dogs can bite. The issue with pit bulls is the degree of damage they inflict, and their attacks being more likely to result in fatality.

PEOPLE WAKE-UP AND LISTEN TO THE MEDICAL EXPERTS NOT TO NAIVE PIT BULL OWNERS!

13 Medical peer-reviewed studies that prove pit bull type-dogs are dangerous as pets. Level 1 trauma center dog bite studies from all geographical regions in the U.S. are reporting a higher prevalence of pit bull type dogs injuries than all other breeds of dogs. In many cases, the studies (2011 to 2018) also report that pit bull injuries have a higher severity of injury and require a greater number of operative interventions. https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-studies-level-1

THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY STATES TO KEEP CHILDREN AWAY FROM PIT BULLS!

Dr. Golinko, who did the largest dog bite study to date, states pit bulls are a danger to children. https://www.facebook.com/thefifthestate/videos/1015585491574 and
www.nationalpitbullvictimawareness.org/expert-opinions/

Does this sound like a normal and safe dog breed to have live in our neighborhoods? Pit Bull Rescue Central recommends ALL pit bull owners to have a "break stick", a wedge-shaped piece of wood used to pry open a pit bull’s jaw during an attack. "Since pit bulls have a strong fighting background, we recommend that pet owners also have a breaking stick as a precaution." blog.dogsbite.org/2008/09/break-sticks-tool-used-to-pry-open

Common Sense: Pit bulls have been bred for centuries for illegal blood sports. They are the #1 canine killer of people, pets and livestock of all dog breeds combined. They have a genetically inbred trait for unpredictable explosive aggression that cannot ever be trained out of them. Simple noises and movement can trigger the pit bull's prey drive into a deadly attack. This is not a safe breed trait to have in a family pet. They were bred to be lethal and they are every day. We need breed safety laws to keep our communities safe.

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Chows too?

Very.

Yep, might be because they were developed in China where the chief uses for dogs among the regular folk were for dogfighting and/or eating, frequently being killed for consumption by being immersed alive in boiling water to enhance the flavor.

Whole diff’rent mindset.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, Aero, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 15 invisible), 1,353 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,676
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.