Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 28 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 27 28
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Hang in here, Birdy. Those who have actually met you pretty much stand by you. I'm one.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
You missed "sleeping on a 3" thick foam pad on the floor"

laffing

The problem with foam pads is they get sweaty and I invariably end up moving off of them in my sleep. The thing to use is a 100% cotton Sherwyn-Williams 15x12 foot painters tarp. Wash and dry it high heat to shrink and soften it.

Folded double its cool to the touch and heavy enough to take the hard edge off of sleeping on a hard surface AND it’s big enough for the dog too.

I figure the ability to sleep on the floor is something one should hang on to as long as possible.,Another challenge is getting up off the floor without use by any supports. So easy we never thought about it when young, no longer.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Hang in here, Birdy. Those who have actually met you pretty much stand by you. I'm one.

Tks Mark, there’s a bunch of guys here who’s respect I value highly, you of course are one of them.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
After 10 years of living like total Hillbillies we hung some Kitchen Cabinets yesterday.
What an improvement.

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ya know, I do believe I could actually make that fishing trip happen, especially if I went over in advance to scope things out, introduce myself to the locals and arrange things.

The biggest hassle would be all the friggin shots (nine?) and gamma gobulin.,Then too chloroquine phosphate (500mg a week, two bitter little pills) no longer works on Plasmodium vivax (malaria). The newer stuff that still works has unpleasant side effects. Without malaria meds tho you’re dead inside of six months. They didn’t call it the White Mans’ Graveyard fer nuthin’.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I also hand delivered two loads of horseshittt to the wife's garden from my next door job....

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I also hand delivered two loads of horseshittt to the wife's garden from my next door job....

[Linked Image]

I'm sure she approved.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Ya know, I do believe I could actually make that fishing trip happen, especially if I went over in advance to scope things out, introduce myself to the locals and arrange things.

The biggest hassle would be all the friggin shots (nine?) and gamma gobulin.,Then too chloroquine phosphate (500mg a week, two bitter little pills) no longer works on Plasmodium vivax (malaria). The newer stuff that still works has unpleasant side effects. Without malaria meds tho you’re dead inside of six months. They didn’t call it the White Mans’ Graveyard fer nuthin’.

I'm sure when the wine wears down, and financing is introduced, you'll reconsider.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Oh, If we all had a nickel....

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by curdog4570
It is difficult to be mean and funny at the same time, Travis.

When was I trying to be funny?

IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by renegade50
Snatched portion of a deflave post below:

"Or someone's year in Afghanistan was less arduous than your sitting around a bunch of Spider Monkeys with your thumb up your ass".

Holy Fuq!!!

LMFAO!!!!!!
laugh laugh laugh

Originally Posted by deflave
Well you've already asked a combat vet if he has ever lived in a third world country.

Exemplary as that is, it ain’t the same as living and working around folks in less-unsettled times. You call almost the whole Earth a “schidthole” but get on YouTube and look at most ANY Third World city. What you will see is crowded streets and a multitude of vehicles, many old. Takes a multitude of shade tree mechanics to keep them all running, and obviously, they do.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
And "only white guy at his wedding"

hahaha

When former students complain there aint any Tex-Mexicans at the fancy out-of-State Universities they got scholarships to, I tell ‘em if they have a problem with that, the problem lies in them, and not those other people.

There were three cohorts at that wedding,. The old-time Tejano cohort was headed by that retired Air Force Officer, who sadly passed not long after from the effects of type 2 diabetes.

The Filipino cohort was headed by his wife, the lady who witnessed the Bataan Death March as a child and who spent the war years spent the war years hiding in the jungle while father fought with the guerillas. Her younger brother was at the wedding too, the career army guy who turned 60 while serving as Crew Chief on a Blackhawk in Iraq.

The Irish contingent was headed by that 6th Marine survivor of Okinawa and his wife, who was bombed out of her house by the Luftwaffe as a child. That same lady, two months after her second knee replacement, is fixing to go skydiving yet again at the end of this month. This time in company with the fiancés of two of her grandsons. (An emerging trend seems to be that the women in my family got bigger sets than the guys).

Looking back, that wedding was like the joining of two retards who were actually the scions of two distinguished Royal Houses.

There were also six or seven (White) East Texas Yahoos who mostly showed up on motorcycles, all wearing black t-shirts depicting a German chick riding her Ducati. Those guys are still my brothers to this very day cool

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 05/07/19.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

I'm sure she approved.

Ya know, we may bitch and whine amongst ourselves, but I'd be there in a minute if one of you guys were nearby and needed help.
I can't think of anyone here that I wouldn't fight for when things got bad.

Proud NRA Life Member
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Ya know, we may bitch and whine amongst ourselves, but I'd be there in a minute if one of you guys were nearby and needed help.

I'm sorry Salmonella.

I was just busting balls.

No ill will intended.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Travis you are one cool dude... Keep em jumping!!!!!

One drink at a time. Grin....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sure when the wine wears down, and financing is introduced, you'll reconsider.

That is pretty much exactly the sort of thing I would do.

Anyways, let me know and we can plan it.

Biggest expense would be airfare, physical danger from the locals in country virtually non-existent, but the preemptive medical costs before departure are prob’ly significant.

...and Paregoric, we’d need a lot of Paregoric.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I would like it on record here that I WOULD cross the street to pee on Travis if he was on fire.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Well you've already asked a combat vet if he has ever lived in a third world country.

Exemplary as that is, it ain’t the same as living and working around folks in less-unsettled times..... get on YouTube and look at most ANY Third World city. What you will see is crowded streets and a multitude of vehicles, many old. Takes a multitude of shade tree mechanics to keep them all running, and obviously, they do.

Not sure what you took exception to in that statement, or how that implied that being where I was, was tougher than being in combat.

This guy is the closest I've ever come to Afghanistan, the only guy I've heard of that turned down an actual appointment to West Point to go enlisted instead. He served his time in Afghanistan assigned to forward operating bases after volunteering for the posting. Now he makes serious money working for a Military Contractor, just bought the house my sister lives in in fact so she'll always have a place to live cool

Here he was two months back. No shidt; I'm his favorite uncle grin We go way back.

[Linked Image]

No idea who that short weird-looking dude is.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Glad I read to the end.

Was gonna ask.

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

IOW, he's a huge pussy in person, steada the blowhard he pretends to be on the innanet.

Page 21 of 28 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 1,795 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,071
Posts18,521,675
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.