Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
You Just give bad advice. No way around it.

Actually doing something usually changes a persons previously worthless opinion
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My advice is not bad. It is just straight forward. No mamby pamby crap. Recoil is handled mentally and nothing else.

Originally Posted by Tradmark

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
🙄 more proof. Its why i keep responding. You are like a suspect saying “i did it!”. No amount of your 60’s range experience can change that. Then again, alot of mushrooms were eaten in the 60’s.

Actually doing something usually changes a persons previously worthless opinion
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
What you eat has nothing to do with me. Ive seen what Ive seen. That is what I base my belief on. Not some mamby pamby junk that many pander. Mentallity over recoil. Nothing more nothing less.

🙄 more proof. Its why i keep responding. You are like a suspect saying “i did it!”. No amount of your 60’s range experience can change that. Then again, alot of mushrooms were eaten in the 60’s.

HE MENTORS ME.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I have to wonder how many kids 'Doofus has raised, how many dogs he has trained, how many horses he has trained?

Is 'Doofus one of those guys who calls his dog and then kicks the dog in the gut when he sits at heel because the dog was too slow to suit the 'Doofus. And then shoots the dog a week later because he will not come at all. And blames it all on the "stupid dog".

I have seen a few of these people in real life. And it is a similar thought process to curing a flinch by inducing more of the pain which produced the flinch in the first place.

Man, it is basic Psyche 101. Positive reinforcement vs negative reinforcement. The analogy of the baseball bat upside the head is not nearly as far off base as 'Doofus would believe.

Pain hurts some people. If you want to teach a person to endure a painful experience, you work up to it slowly.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Listen. I love animals. Our dogs are family. You r stupid assinine comment on how I treat an animal is something a piece of trash would make in my opinion. I have unconditional love for our pets. I show positibe reinforcement when it come to advice just not in a mamby pamby way.
If one dont want to hear it they can move on.
Handling recoil is mental.

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I have to wonder how many kids 'Doofus has raised, how many dogs he has trained, how many horses he has trained?

Is 'Doofus one of those guys who calls his dog and then kicks the dog in the gut when he sits at heel because the dog was too slow to suit the 'Doofus. And then shoots the dog a week later because he will not come at all. And blames it all on the "stupid dog".

I have seen a few of these people in real life. And it is a similar thought process to curing a flinch by inducing more of the pain which produced the flinch in the first place.

Man, it is basic Psyche 101. Positive reinforcement vs negative reinforcement. The analogy of the baseball bat upside the head is not nearly as far off base as 'Doofus would believe.

Pain hurts some people. If you want to teach a person to endure a painful experience, you work up to it slowly.

HE MENTORS ME.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You got the mamby pamby down pat, as much as you are familiar with the term.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
Listen. I love animals. Our dogs are family. You r stupid assinine comment on how I treat an animal is something a piece of trash would make in my opinion. I have unconditional love for our pets. I show positibe reinforcement when it come to advice just not in a mamby pamby way.
If one dont want to hear it they can move on.
Handling recoil is mental.

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

If by "handling", you mean ignoring the discomfort and working through it, I agree. But to me, "handling" includes actually shooting well, and at speed. In that regard, with heavy recoiling guns (especially handguns), it is definitely more than mental for some people.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My advice is not bad. It is just straight forward. No mamby pamby crap. Recoil is handled mentally and nothing else.

What a non-shooting dumb fugk you are.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FreeMe

If by "handling", you mean ignoring the discomfort and working through it, I agree. But to me, "handling" includes actually shooting well, and at speed. In that regard, with heavy recoiling guns (especially handguns), it is definitely more than mental for some people.

It's more than mental for EVERYONE.

The only thing that changes are people's respective threshold. You shoot full house schit you will get wore down. It's just a matter of when.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
doofus?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

The only thing that changes are people's respective threshold. You shoot full house schit you will get wore down. It's just a matter of when.

And individual hand strength is a limitation from the start.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In theory I agree. I would not go above a 44 Mag or heavy loaded 45 Colt though with a new shooter. It is nothing but a mental thing when it comes to recoil.

Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I work new guys backwards. I start with the .475 or .500 JRH in my BFR's until they are comfortable with them. The are fairly heavy too. Then a .44 mag is nothing at all and going down to a .22 is a pleasure.
I found the mental problem as you go up is hard to get over. Going from a .22 to a .38 still had anticipation for recoil but after a .500, they showed no flinch.
My daughter is skinny and shot a 20 ga for clays. She always missed the first clay but would run the next hundred. We ran out of shells so I gave her my 12 ga and she missed the first again but never missed another. She loves my 1911's and she bought an 8mm Mauser. She joined the Marines and shot the highest score ever shot, man or woman.

The twins have spoken. It is obvious that both these posers are twins and their mom must have dropped them off the changing table more than once when they were small...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Recoil never bothered me. I was a kid and borrowed a side by side Ithaca to hunt rabbits. For fun I would yank both triggers to spin a circle. I had to quit when the forearm came off and the barrels hit the ground. I was 14 when I got my model 27 S&W. At 16 I got my Mark IV .300 Weatherby. I bought my flat top Ruger .44 in 1956 and shot the 429421 with 22 gr of 2400. I put silver inlays in the front sight for distance but to break rocks at 600+ yards on the RR bank took most of the barrel above the rear sight. I put masking tape on the barrel. I have owned 5 S&W 29's. I did shoot a 2-1/2" group at 500 yards with my BFR in 45-70. Had to aim 26 to 30' at a tree limb to hit steel.
My favorite guns to shoot today are the .475 and .500 JRH BFR's. Joe up town was here and I got him to shoot it twice and he hit paper. He kept looking at his hand after. John was here and both John and I shot less then 1/2" groups. I made the 440 gr mold for the .500 and it did a one hole group from Whitworths JRH at 50 yards. Joe says a revolver was not made for distance and was never made for hunting. Maybe you should ask Whitworth and JWP about THAT. To see Whitworth take little water bottles off hand from a tree stand at 100+ yards might change how you think. Whit was here when I shot an empty paint spray can at 200 yards with my 45-70 BFR from Creedmore.
Most recoil problems come from guys buying real short barrels and super light revolvers and yes they sting like mad. I have shot many .357 revolvers that are worse then the .500. My friend has a license and got me the .475, came to shoot and did not wear a cap for the sun. I held a cardboard to shade him and he hollered. He split his head wide open and got a shiner you would not believe. He said he likes to hold his guns loose. My fault for not instructing him. His comment was "I don't like your guns."
But if you think shooting a .22 will cure a flinch, forget it. When you get a beast in your hand you will be jello. I shot with the Cleveland police and seen them cry with .38 specials. I touched off my .44 mag and all the cops stepped back to see what in the world went off.
My neighbor is an air marshal and I would not want to be on a plane if he shot. .357 Sig. Joe, the marshal and the fireman down the road takes that "stance." 7 yards and can't hit a thing. Lean with a hunchback and it looks like they will fall on their face. Eyeballs like footballs if I hold my gun out to them
True I have run down unsafe practices but never the man. Safety is first and I don't care what you call me or say so if you told anyone to do wrong maybe you should stop and think. I only explain what not to do. You DO NOT put 25 gr of 296 behind a 320 gr bullet in a .44. Yet it is posted.
Maybe some of you should learn what a revolver can do.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My favorite guns to shoot today are the .475 and .500 JRH BFR's.

Whit was here when I shot an empty paint spray can at 200 yards with my 45-70 BFR from Creedmore.

His comment was "I don't like your guns."

When you get a beast in your hand you will be jello. I shot with the Cleveland police and seen them cry with .38 specials. I touched off my .44 mag and all the cops stepped back to see what in the world went off.

Eyeballs like footballs if I hold my gun out to them

You are more awesome than god.....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Whitworth is one of the best shots with big bores I ever seen and has hunted with me and we shot many deer. We did argue over things once in a while but the worst was about primers. He is a good man and so is JWP. I have apologized even if I was correct. My stance is you do NOT need a mag primer in a .44 or a LP in the ACP.
NO you do not shoot deer with a .25 ACP or a .380 and a .357 is iffy unless the proper bullet is used. You do not shoot deer with a .22 unless between the eyes. I have taken many deer in PA with bumps against the chest wall, when cut a .22 bullet fell out. I thought cancer. Then 4 deer with 6" of arrow in the chest that healed up. I am afraid to stick my hands in deer now. Darn, even the wrong arrow will lose deer. Today it is speed with toothpicks.
I have killed deer to over 100 yards with revolvers but there is a limit since energy is lost even if you can hit at 600 yards. You must have energy placed and a hole is not enough. Even if you can hit a pop can at 200 or more, you never shoot an animal that far. Varmints is OK but big game is not. The bullet runs out of steam. I much prefer 20 yards or less.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

And individual hand strength is a limitation from the start.

I don't agree with that entirely. I used to but not anymore.

I believe shooter fatigue is 100% mental.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Whitworth is one of the best shots with big bores I ever seen and has hunted with me and we shot many deer. We did argue over things once in a while but the worst was about primers. He is a good man and so is JWP. I have apologized even if I was correct. My stance is you do NOT need a mag primer in a .44 or a LP in the ACP.
NO you do not shoot deer with a .25 ACP or a .380 and a .357 is iffy unless the proper bullet is used. You do not shoot deer with a .22 unless between the eyes. I have taken many deer in PA with bumps against the chest wall, when cut a .22 bullet fell out. I thought cancer. Then 4 deer with 6" of arrow in the chest that healed up. I am afraid to stick my hands in deer now. Darn, even the wrong arrow will lose deer. Today it is speed with toothpicks.
I have killed deer to over 100 yards with revolvers but there is a limit since energy is lost even if you can hit at 600 yards. You must have energy placed and a hole is not enough. Even if you can hit a pop can at 200 or more, you never shoot an animal that far. Varmints is OK but big game is not. The bullet runs out of steam. I much prefer 20 yards or less.

Can we see pictures of all your Expert badges?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
[Linked Image]

Great about how not to teach. Nice loose hold with a cannon. LET IT ROLL!
Some here are milk toast shooters. I have had ladies here that can shoot anything. Instruction is what you do. Never hand anyone a huge gun without instruction. If a person is not strong enough in your opinion, don't do it. There is always a limit. I advocate large to start but you never want to inflict pain or fear. Some men are wimps with any gun but woman are tough as nails if taught. They are like clay to form. If you fear any gun don't stick it in a girls hands. Done right she will make you look sick. Just why would you put anyone in danger like that? It is just plain sick.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

286 members (10gaugemag, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 39 invisible), 1,783 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,048
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.