-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone used Greg recently for this bushing service? I would very much like to get this done for my fast twist 243. What’s the turn around time?

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Here is another guy I have worked with that does a great job for around $85, quick turn around. This guy goes by Carlsbad on accurate shooter, and Jerry is a heck of a machinist and great all around guy to work with.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/bolt-bushing-before-and-after.3977422/

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sorry for the delay my smith was slow to send the pictures that were begged for. This one is going to be a nosler 28 and the ring was really ugly ejection sucked. But he can literally fix anything. LOL some day I will catch on. ps that’s a bushing as well.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Once the rifle lands next week I will post pic of the finish product.

C
C
Originally Posted by keith
Here is another guy I have worked with that does a great job for around $85, quick turn around. This guy goes by Carlsbad on accurate shooter, and Jerry is a heck of a machinist and great all around guy to work with.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/bolt-bushing-before-and-after.3977422/

Keith,
thanks for the endorsement. I go by Carlsbad here also. I'll post some photos later. My business is word of mouth only. I don't want a backlog. I generally turn around a bushing or extractor replacement in less than a week.

A couple of notes about bushing.

1. Bushing isn't generally required because of a loose firing pin fit. Bushing is required because modern high pressure cartridges extrude brass into the firing pin hole. The area of the hole goes as the diameter of the hole squared so reducing the diameter reduces the force on the brass by the square of the ratio. So bushing a firing pin down to a nominal .062" allows the brass to have enough strength to bridge the firing pin hole and no extrusions (aka cratering) or punctured primers occur unless your load is excessively hot and you'll probably have other problems first.
2. Bushing doesn't affect accuracy other than cratering can cause hard cycling which will knock you off target for the next shot so it can show you down significantly. Bushing does affect the long term viability of your boltface. living with cratering will eventually erode your firing pin hole and you'll have to have it bushed then anyway. I'm always in favor of preventive maintenance rather than corrective.

Send me a private message if you want a quote but standard prices are $85 including return shipping for bolt bushing for remington or savage. $95 for others. Some hardened bolts I can't do and keep the price reasonable. Sako or M-16 style extractor install is $145 including extractor and return shipping.

--Jerry

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1) You are fhuqking clueless. Hint.

2) You are REALLY fhuqking clueless. Hint.

Greg is THE guy.

Hint...…………………...

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by fredIII
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sorry for the delay my smith was slow to send the pictures that were begged for. This one is going to be a nosler 28 and the ring was really ugly ejection sucked. But he can literally fix anything. LOL some day I will catch on. ps that’s a bushing as well.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Crying laughing as some can only wish. PS my smith will be on site in 24 hours to drink good whiskey and enjoy some killing facts dinner and all prepared by the better half. Hint.

A thick bushing oh that was funny

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Hint...………………………….

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Hint...………………………….

It's obvious you DON'T.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you must. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my having more bushed bolts,than you do IQ Points.

Hint...…………………...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C'mon Fug Stick - post some pics of the awards you've won shooting.

You won't because you can't. You are just a plinker. A 8 year old kid with a .22 at the city dump is a better shooter than you.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

You be SURE to "convince" yourself,of all the things you NEED most to hear,via your Imagination and Pretend. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my shooting it all and then some.

Hint...……..

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Tyrone

You won't because you can't. You are just a plinker. A 8 year old kid with a .22 at the city dump is a better shooter than you.

The 8 year old probably has nicer gear. Glass matters.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Might I suggest that you Whining Clueless Fhuqks,use your Imaginations and Pretend,in the manner which you NEED most. Congratulations?!?

Ooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Hint..............

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Something like this....
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqking HILARIOUS! Congratulations?!?

Oopsie!

[Linked Image]

Hint...............

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Something like this....
[Linked Image]

Elk 👍. No doubt that ruffled feathers.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
You know it did. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing "ruffles" like Window Licker's feelings. Congratulations?!?

You Clueless Fhuqks couldn't muster a co-signer,for a fhuqking down payment,due your "jobs".

LAUGHING!

Hint.....................

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 41rem, 3040Krag, 270cowboy, 358WCF, 60 invisible), 1,685 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,024
Posts18,520,825
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.