Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Thisi pope is a lying hypocrite who does not practice what he preaches. Otherwise he would sell off some of the Vatican's fabulous wealth and give the money to the poor.

So how would that work, saw up the Sistine Chapel and sell off Michelangelo in pieces?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Thisi pope is a lying hypocrite who does not practice what he preaches. Otherwise he would sell off some of the Vatican's fabulous wealth and give the money to the poor.

So how would that work, saw up the Sistine Chapel and sell off Michelangelo in pieces?

That's a pretty piss-poor analogy. If you even have half a brain, you know that the Catholic Church is one of the richest entities on the face of the earth. Look at all these bishops and arch-bishops with multi-million dollar homes in the USA. You call them salt of the earth?
Hypocrite.
Here's a question for you: Would Jesus say it's OK to bugger little boys, or sodomize each other, for that matter? Yet that is just what so many of your 'leaders' do. So don't try to tell us that the Pope gives a good damn about anybody except his own power.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The pope's wrong, unfettered capitalism is the way to go. [sarcasm]

Ten hour work days, six day weeks, get sick and miss a day and you're unemployed, a truly minimum subsistence wage (if the kids and wife work too), no benefits of any kind, child labor, unsafe working conditions, maiming and death if you dare complain and try to organize, and so on. See Industrial Revolution, particularly in England.

Will agree a lot of those guys go too far but it's not of evil intent. They are pretty big on that love your neighbor thing.

That's the way is was in the US in years past. That's why the unions got strong. They were needed at the time. The problem is that after the problems were fixed, they couldn't give up their power and wealth.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
So what about the dopey popey 700 or so years ago who decided pastors shouldnt get no nookie?

I submit he was a pretty fughked up cookie.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/09/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's popes like this that make me glad that I'm a recovering Catholic.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So what about the dopey popey 700 or so years ago who decided pastors shouldnt get no nookie?

I submit he was a pretty fughked up cookie.

the reason for that was that any accumulated wealth by the priests would pass to the church and not to heirs.
and it was marriage that was banned not getting nookie.
and yeah .....pretty fughked up!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe some bishops live in mansions in big cities where a lot of rich people donate big time to the diocese. Ours lives in drafty old stone house that was built along with the cathedral before my dad was born. As do all the other priests at the cathedral. Don't know what this bishop drives but the last one drove a cheap junker. A local car dealer trid to give him a new car but he refused, telling the car dealer to donate the value to the poor. Politically way too left for me, but he was true to his beliefs.

The Church does own a lot of property in Europe. I suppose they could sell it all off and give the proceeds to the poor, a one shot deal. Or continue to manage the property and annually give to the poor in perpetuity.

So you think the pope promotes sexual abuse of minors and homosexuality? Are you mad?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
there are a lot of differences in priests and their vows.
a missionary priest i was acquainted with took a vow of poverty, he had squat.
on the other hand, a parish priest in stead of fixing the roof on the church, bought big screen t.v.'s for himself, expensive vacations, also for favorites working for the parish, later moved to scottsdale where he got in the big bucks then quit, and became an episcopal.
i have known a number of married catholic priests, having been married prior to becoming a catholic priest coming over from lutheran etc.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In recent times, the Catholic Church has become more of a business institution, than a religious institution, that seeks to save lost souls. That is what led to the blind eye on the homosexual priests. As long as "Father John" was fattening the coffers of the Church, it didn't matter how many little boys he diddled. Most Catholics are happy, just as long as they get to sip their booze, and believe that saying "Father, I have sinned," and then being told to say three "Hail Mary's", will get them into Heaven.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The Pope's a dope!

From the shenanigans he has been up to I would suspect "on" may be more appropriate.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
In recent times, the Catholic Church has become more of a business institution, than a religious institution...

If so they're extraordinarily bad at it.

Which explains a lot.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Always amazingly easy to prescribe sacrifices to other people.

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Toddly
He’s an embarrassment to the Catholic Church.

He's the least of the things the Catholic Church should be worrying about.

This^^^.

Why don't you and tzone fill us in on the crucial things that supercede having a communist antichrist at the helm of the Catholic church?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by efw

It's never amazingly easy to understand what you mean. Are you suggesting I am prescribing sacrifices for other people? If so, what sacrifices and for who?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by efw

It's never amazingly easy to understand what you mean. Are you suggesting I am prescribing sacrifices for other people? If so, what sacrifices and for who?

More like the man is suggesting that the idiot pope and others of his ilk seem far to quick to have others sacrifice and tighten their belt whilst remaining seated at the banquet table themselves.

Which is par for the course for those lefty types.

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by efw

More like the man is suggesting that the idiot pope and others of his ilk seem far to quick to have others sacrifice and tighten their belt whilst remaining seated at the banquet table themselves.

Which is par for the course for those lefty types.

I believe you are probably correct. Thank you.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JamesJr
In recent times, the Catholic Church has become more of a business institution, than a religious institution...

If so they're extraordinarily bad at it.

How many billions in land, stocks, gold, commercial property,.....?

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

How many billions in land, stocks, gold, commercial property,.....?

Not really going to matter much in the long term as now they will have to do someting about the kiddy fiddlers, which shall pretty much put a stop to peds signing up and becoming franchisees.

Guessing they will need another business model, which is probably why the twits are going full-blown commie in an attempt at street cred with the third world.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The pope says we have to give it up.

We are at the age of What is the Common Good. He has said it over and over. Bring the nations borders down. Its for the common good.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
If this is true, Ricky, its kind of scarey. I do think Lucifer has entered into all of our organized religious institutions to some degree or the other and i think all will fall to him in the near future, Jimma Carter and the American Baptist Church being his minions as well as the Methodists and Episcopaleans.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/11/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (7887mm08, 808outdoors, 35, ar33c9, 10Glocks, 308ld, 8 invisible), 1,240 guests, and 768 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.