Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WTF
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Wyoming is full up. Go east young man.

Oh, they will..... about half way thru the first winter.

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only three years and a migration of about 900 miles north. Already bought and own my retirement property outright.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Granbury, TX. Hunt every day if you like.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bighorns is something I never help relocate. A lot of my hunting buddies have. Been to plenty of Dow meetings. Speak for yourself. Get involved in the politics and find out how much people like Bloomberg donate to get democrats elected in this state. State is being changed.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Love Northern Michigan. I’d do wisonson north of 8 or Alaska. I need long hard winters with 200 inches of snow to be happy. It’s the only way to truly appreciate summer imho and the fall is fuc/ing electric.

Never been to northern Maine...but I bet I’d like it ok. Canada would be great if not for the politics, anti gun laws and lack of decent pizza.

Last edited by Quak; 05/10/19.

GOD Bless America
IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Minnesota sucks

GOD Bless America
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I’ve lived in Wyoming my entire life. Love it, but the cold winters are beginning to wear on me. I’ve still got 30 working years left, so who knows what it’ll be like. But I like southern Idaho, central Utah (tikkanut’s area) maybe further to the east as well. Oklahoma, Missouri, Kentucky.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Bighorns is something I never help relocate. A lot of my hunting buddies have. Been to plenty of Dow meetings. Speak for yourself. Get involved in the politics and find out how much people like Bloomberg donate to get democrats elected in this state. State is being changed.

I am involved in politics. I make phone calls, I register voters, I go cold calling. I get voters to the polls. Never have seen Bloomberg at any function I'm at. It's take work to win elections. Not belly aching about it on a forum where everyone thinks like you.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by colorado bob

I am involved in politics. I make phone calls, I register voters, I go cold calling. I get voters to the polls. Never have seen Bloomberg at any function I'm at. It's take work to win elections. Not belly aching about it on a forum where everyone thinks like you.

Keep up the good work but in CO you're losing ground all the time. You're way outnumbered.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I get the feeling there isn’t anything good going on in Mr. Snakes life. Front Range transplant.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey BeanMan-----You do any good on the sheep draws? Moose is out in a couple of weeks.

Thank God we live on the Western Slope.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by nealglen37
As an outdoorsman I am leaning towards New Mexico or Wyoming? Any thoughts?

I was thinking Wyoming.....about 1984! Pulled it off! No regrets! Though......I didn’t retire until Sept. of ‘16! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 05/11/19.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hey BeanMan-----You do any good on the sheep draws? Moose is out in a couple of weeks.

Thank God we live on the Western Slope.

Snake eyes. Again.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm retiring to somewhere near saltwater with more hot days than cold. Maybe Costa Rica if things in this country keep going in the direction they're headed in. Somewhere with a relatively low population density, cheap drinks, low cost of living beyond initial property purchase price and good fishing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Michigan, to be more precise, Drummond Island.

Although Kentucky wouldn't be bad. I could by that place next to Bristoe and he could finally skinny dip in the pond.....

You'd be a good neighbor to have!

(just don't let him fish!) grin

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I figure I have another 20+ years before I retire for good. Right now the wife and I are thinking about snow birding it. Either Coastal South Carolina or Hawaii. Looking at getting a condo we can stay at from Oct (wife says Sept)-Mid May and then back to Alaska until October. When not in the condo, we hope to be able to rent it out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BeanMan

I get the feeling there isn’t anything good going on in Mr. Snakes life. Front Range transplant.

I help out with voters too. I have a lot of good things happening. I am still breathing for one. You need to look at the truth about Colorado once in a while. Keep up the fight and the good work.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
The local news announced today that coal ash could be causing cancer around these parts. Maybe the word will get out, and the massive migration to this area will go somewhere else.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i shouldn't say anything positive about arizona but it's overrun anyway these days.
You can have just about any kind of topography and weather you want within a few hours.
I have a number of times been elk hunting in a blizzard around williams(just west of flagstaff, north central part of state) left to go home to phoenix and had the air conditioning on when reaching the outskirts of phoenix.
people do trompt around in the desert in the wintertime, that's the cool part of the year. In the summers, people head for the mountains, a couple of miles north.
i have another house in prescott about 100miles north of phx, it's at over 5200ft.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
When I finally get completely fed up with MT winters, my most likely choice will be AZ; Payson has long been high on my list of preferred spots. Within a half hour of either desert or cool mountains.

Dale

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 260Remguy, 56 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,778
Posts18,515,708
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.