Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PJGunner
"We often hear other neighbors having family get togethers and have music playing. No big deal. After 10 PM, it usually starts winding down."

Most of my neighbors are Mexican and when they have a party, 2 to 3 AM is about when they start to wind down. FWIW, I do hate Marichi music. Cinco de Mayo just recently passed and it got loud. My next door neighbor usually comes by the days after and apologizes if he thinks we might be disturbed by the party noise. He's a petty good guy so I just let it slide and sleep a bit later. I've lived in this neighborhood for 40 years now so I guess maybe I've just gotten used to it.

We do have one punk that lives across the alley about 100 yards south of my house who has a very powerful sound system in his truck. He'd play it all hours of the night as loud as it could go. The cops were called multiple times and it'd be good for a few days then it would start up maybe a week later. Then, all of a sudden it stopped. He still played it but nowhere at full blast. I heard a rumor that some of his closer neighbors went and and had a serious discussion him but regardless if that's true or not, the midnight hours are hell of a lot quieter now.

I don't know just how powerful his system was but the bass was such that my wife's knick knacks would move around on the shelf and the windows vibrated.
Paul B.
once in a while is a lot different than everyday or weekend.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Get up early and mow the lawn. Folks like your neighbor are not early risers and will appreciate the mower nice and early.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go to the animal shelter and ask for the loudest barker.

Rescue barker, let him out in the yard at 0500 and wake this Arschloch EVERY day of the week with your pooch.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by centershot
Get up early and mow the lawn. Folks like your neighbor are not early risers and will appreciate the mower nice and early.

Especially if you take off the muffler and thread in a length of straight pipe.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
i.e. Punk 100 yards across the street

I don't know just how powerful his system was but the bass was such that my wife's knick knacks would move around on the shelf and the windows vibrated.
Paul B.

[Linked Image]

I might believe that if you lived in a 1961 marilyn monroe edition Airstream camper in same driveway as the said punk's truck.

I have APACHE GUNSHIPS going over my home 2-4 or more times a day and overnight. Right over the treetops. Chinooks too. Also 105mm and 155mm, and hellfire missiles, a few more north of my place.

And nothing walks around on my shelves.

Laffing

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Hook the water hose up to the water intake on a 200 hp outboard and warm it up good one early morning.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
1bigdude: I did this once and got away with it.
Wait til summer and their windows are open and they are "away" a bit - then sneak over and get a garden hose going and wet down the offending stereo from OUTSIDE!
This was the only thing that worked in this particular instance.
And work it did
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You are a cfucking idiot. You were once LEO?

What an embarrassment.

Hey Iron cool your jets most LEO's would do a mag dump on the guy. VG is going lite...…….. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I got a visual of a mr Roper looking guy in boxers and black socks with calf garters...sneaking over and fiddling with the water hose; then catching a beat-down by someone's 15 year old son

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
Our neighbor loves hard rock and blasts it all day while working in his garage it is making us nuts. I have asked him several times in the last year to please turn it down he doe for a couple days then up goes the bass and volume.
What is best way to combat this? Come on Campers dig deep I know there are more warped minds than mine on here.

If there is no noise ordinance, you have no legal options, you have to ask for his cooperation. Doing anything else opens YOU up to legal consequences instead of him. You might get away with something but unless he knows why you are doing it, he may not connect it to his noise so you might not get any results. If he does know it is you, and why, he may take action, legal or otherwise, against you. So .. think carefully about what's downstream of any actions you might choose.

Now, with that said, a mailbox is a very handy place to store dead skunks.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In my rural little enclave

From sunrise to about 10pm, anything goes...music, rednecks with glasspacks, backyard gunfire, dude beatin his old lady in the front yard, tractors, chainsaws, backhoe joe with backup alarm, lawn machines, tannerite, dogs

After midnight, we still got Apache gunships, bovine orgies, coyotes, fireworks,

Dont like it move, or turn up the volume on Gunsmoke

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We also got a wooden bridge with a loose plank, whenever someone drives over it, it sounds like a PAWG's asscheeks clapping together at the strip club

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
HO LEE shyt there's alot of pussies here ! I don't know how some of you dare to leave your house. Then again, maybe you don't.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Don't do anything that he does not know why it happened like a skunk in a mailbox...you will not get your bitch across.You said you live where it is rural and farming go get an old hit or miss engine and fire that sucker up at 7:00 AM when you leave to go shopping and let it pump away all morning...you will not hear it but he sure will not sleep in.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Even birds know not to land downwind!
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

A healthy dose of Tannerite usually gets their attention sometimes it needs to be followed up with the second blast

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

Terrific!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If he comes close enough to your yard every now and then, this should work great, but we're gonna need video...

https://www.amazon.com/Havahart-527...&hvtargid=pla-488876891976&psc=1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I fired up my JD 650 @ 7:05 AM this morning after pulling the can off and it has been puffing away since then....wife is away for the weekend so this could get interesting :>}

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
i.e. Punk 100 yards across the street

Paul B.

[Linked Image]

I might believe that if you lived in a 1961 marilyn monroe edition Airstream camper in same driveway as the said punk's truck.

I have APACHE GUNSHIPS going over my home 2-4 or more times a day and overnight. Right over the treetops. Chinooks too. Also 105mm and 155mm, and hellfire missiles, a few more north of my place.

And nothing walks around on my shelves.

Laffing

Easily done. When I turn up the tunes in my well insulated shop, the dishes vibrate in the house cupboards. My house is over 100yds away and also well insulated. All this with a cheapo system and an old guy.

Threads like this remind me why I don't post often. Bunch of whiny-azzed girls who can't handle an unruly neighbor and think their leaf blower is loud. This blanket statement obviously doesn't apply to everyone but what a bunch of p u s s i e s this society has created.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,410
Posts18,470,373
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.