Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
What does a labxrott look like?

Picture of Lab contained here: Lab Mauls Child's Face

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Miniature schnauzer mauls crowd at small town baseball game. Several children killed."

Said no one, EVER.

LOL
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Why would the mother of the little girl have a sweet-posed picture of the neighbor's dog on her cell phone??

the neighbor is probably a relative.

And is apparently the identical twin of her own dog. Not!

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
"Miniature schnauzer mauls crowd at small town baseball game. Several children killed."

Said no one, EVER.

We should only be allowed to own miniature dogs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And is apparently the identical twin of her own dog

same mother, different fathers. Its that way in them neighborhoods.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
And is apparently the identical twin of her own dog

same mother, different fathers. Its that way in them neighborhoods.

I hope you're attempting humor. I'd hate to think you were really this stupid.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The dog is a fence jumper. Just the facts mam.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I grew up in Delray, all I can say is things have changed

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
Name one other breed that has attacked and/or killed as many people as pit bulls have?

Just one.

There are none. None even close. Pit apologists endure an uncomfortable level of cognitive dissonance when faced with facts. We should be more sensitive to their needs..

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No one who knows the breed doubts they are the number one most capable of misdirected harm when in the wrong hands. The problem is that they've been in the most possible wrong hands since they came to be celebrated within the "gangsta" hip hop culture back in the late 1970s. Within that community, their numbers have been wildly high since that time, and they've been encouraged by these folks to be human-aggressive by long-known methods. Prior to that, however, they didn't even make most lists of dogs that bite. Look at a World Almanac from the 1960s, which always maintained such a list, and they don't even make the top ten. I believe it was German Shepherds that topped the list at that time.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been bitten a number of times by other breeds. One little bite from each. But that pit bull 54 years ago turned me into hamburger.
When I see a pit bull, I get my hand on the concealed weapon, ready for a quick draw.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I have been bitten a number of times by other breeds. One little bite from each. But that pit bull 54 years ago turned me into hamburger.
When I see a pit bull, I get my hand on the concealed weapon, ready for a quick draw.

As you should. Whenever you're presented with a situation that you perceive could be dangerous you should get ready.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Clarkm

As you should. Whenever you're presented with a situation that you perceive could be dangerous you should get ready.

Yep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No one who knows the breed doubts they are the number one most capable of misdirected harm when in the wrong hands. The problem is that they've been in the most possible wrong hands since they came to be celebrated within the "gangsta" hip hop culture back in the late 1970s. Within that community, their numbers have been wildly high since that time, and they've been encouraged by these folks to be human-aggressive by long-known methods. Prior to that, however, they didn't even make most lists of dogs that bite. Look at a World Almanac from the 1960s, which always maintained such a list, and they don't even make the top ten. I believe it was German Shepherds that topped the list at that time.

For a while in the 60's I lived in a neighborhood with at least 100 kids,Everyone had a large yard, most families had a dog, dozens of dogs there, plenty ran loose, there wasn't one Pitt bull. I don't even recall one from my childhood, wake up Chris

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
It always astounds me that folks who run pointers and retrievers can deny that dogs have genetic characteristics. Fighting dogs have been bred to be vicious fighters. They are hard wired to kill and maim, and they do, well.

They were bred to fight OTHER DOGS.

But it's not 1835 anymore. We have over 150 years of breeding them not to fight other dogs. This is not a species. It's a breed. It doesn't take long to breed out the fighting characteristics.

I don't think this would go any better if she was attacked by a mastiff, Rottweiler, Dogo or any other powerful breed.

I think it's weird that a forum full of supposed outdoorsmen doesn't appreciate strong, robust dog breeds. A lot of them don't like government interference... but then I see them in here calling for the nanny state to ban pit bulls. Should give them all Chihuahuas and Pomeranians. grin

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH

For a while in the 60's I lived in a neighborhood with at least 100 kids, most families had a dog, dozens of dogs there, plenty ran loose, there wasn't one Pitt bull. I don't even recall one from my childhood, wake up Chris

Might be the area, Where I grew up there were a few, I'm talking a 3 to 4 mile radius of my home.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by 700LH

For a while in the 60's I lived in a neighborhood with at least 100 kids, most families had a dog, dozens of dogs there, plenty ran loose, there wasn't one Pitt bull. I don't even recall one from my childhood, wake up Chris

Might be the area, Where I grew up there were a few, I'm talking a 3 to 4 mile radius of my home.

I might add lots of kids were bitten, collies (lassie) seemed to be bad at biting but it was a bite I don't recall any child ever being mauled.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Had a pitbull that was left for dead as an ex fighter in Oregon...One of the best damn dogs I have ever had...

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
It always astounds me that folks who run pointers and retrievers can deny that dogs have genetic characteristics. Fighting dogs have been bred to be vicious fighters. They are hard wired to kill and maim, and they do, well.

They were bred to fight OTHER DOGS.

But it's not 1835 anymore. We have over 150 years of breeding them not to fight other dogs. This is not a species. It's a breed. It doesn't take long to breed out the fighting characteristics.

I don't think this would go any better if she was attacked by a mastiff, Rottweiler, Dogo or any other powerful breed.

I think it's weird that a forum full of supposed outdoorsmen doesn't appreciate strong, robust dog breeds. A lot of them don't like government interference... but then I see them in here calling for the nanny state to ban pit bulls. Should give them all Chihuahuas and Pomeranians. grin

I'm not saying the State should outlaw your dog - I'm saying it should be legal to shoot you and your dog if it comes anywhere near me that I don't want it to. Pit Bulls are compensation for inadequacy pure and simple. No rational person would ever want to own an animal that might snap and kill a neighbor or a neighbor's child.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'm saying it should be legal to shoot you and your dog if it comes anywhere near me

Ditto an visa versa...Phugg with my dog and your..xxxxxxx

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 50 invisible), 2,228 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,343
Posts18,506,168
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.