Home
Posted By: 12344mag Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
The labs that I've owned have never been growly, just horny and hungry. weird
How dare that Pitbull behave so uncharacteristically (it doesn't help advance the chosen narrative). I hope he didn't harm that sweet Labrador, who was likely just playing gently with the little girl.
probably a pitbull lab cross. Them labs get around grin
Posted By: joken2 Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19

Posted By: 700LH Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
Here ya go, a dose of reality.

https://www.maxlawsc.com/dog-bite-statistics/
Posted By: longarm Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
They're calling this a Lab mix? What a crock.

[Linked Image]td bank locations atm
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
A misunderstood breed.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
It always astounds me that folks who run pointers and retrievers can deny that dogs have genetic characteristics. Fighting dogs have been bred to be vicious fighters. They are hard wired to kill and maim, and they do, well. Denial is delusional. They can be very loyal, or not.

It's almost never the Basset hounds. ;-{>8
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
If the local TV stations had reporters built like that I would watch more TV!
Originally Posted by longarm

You were not following closely. The claim is the neighbor's lab cross attacked the girl and she was saved by the family pitbull.
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
It always astounds me that folks who run pointers and retrievers can deny that dogs have genetic characteristics. Fighting dogs have been bred to be vicious fighters. They are hard wired to kill and maim, and they do, well. Denial is delusional. They can be very loyal, or not.

It's almost never the Basset hounds. ;-{>8

I never hear gun dog owners denying genetics... It is the pit owners in denial.

I had assumed that was a picture of the little girl's Pitbull, i.e., the hero of the story.
Until another time...
What does a labxrott look like?
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

You were not following closely. The claim is the neighbor's lab cross attacked the girl and she was saved by the family pitbull.

Possible, however the vid opens with the following sequence : girl says something.. Mother clarifies.. Newscaster says "A 5 year old girl is recovering tonight after being attacked by a neighbors dog.." simultaneously presenting an image of what I presume to be the neighbors dog, what appears obviously to be a pit of some sort.
Poor editing?
Why would the mother of the little girl have a sweet-posed picture of the neighbor's dog on her cell phone??
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Why would the mother of the little girl have a sweet-posed picture of the neighbor's dog on her cell phone??

the neighbor is probably a relative.
Posted By: Quick_Karl Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
Name one other breed that has attacked and/or killed as many people as pit bulls have?

Just one.
antifa
What does a labxrott look like?

Picture of Lab contained here: Lab Mauls Child's Face
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
"Miniature schnauzer mauls crowd at small town baseball game. Several children killed."

Said no one, EVER.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

the neighbor is probably a relative.

And is apparently the identical twin of her own dog. Not!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Fireball2
"Miniature schnauzer mauls crowd at small town baseball game. Several children killed."

Said no one, EVER.

We should only be allowed to own miniature dogs.
And is apparently the identical twin of her own dog

same mother, different fathers. Its that way in them neighborhoods.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
And is apparently the identical twin of her own dog

same mother, different fathers. Its that way in them neighborhoods.

I hope you're attempting humor. I'd hate to think you were really this stupid.
The dog is a fence jumper. Just the facts mam.
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
I grew up in Delray, all I can say is things have changed
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
Name one other breed that has attacked and/or killed as many people as pit bulls have?

Just one.

There are none. None even close. Pit apologists endure an uncomfortable level of cognitive dissonance when faced with facts. We should be more sensitive to their needs..

[Linked Image]
No one who knows the breed doubts they are the number one most capable of misdirected harm when in the wrong hands. The problem is that they've been in the most possible wrong hands since they came to be celebrated within the "gangsta" hip hop culture back in the late 1970s. Within that community, their numbers have been wildly high since that time, and they've been encouraged by these folks to be human-aggressive by long-known methods. Prior to that, however, they didn't even make most lists of dogs that bite. Look at a World Almanac from the 1960s, which always maintained such a list, and they don't even make the top ten. I believe it was German Shepherds that topped the list at that time.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
I have been bitten a number of times by other breeds. One little bite from each. But that pit bull 54 years ago turned me into hamburger.
When I see a pit bull, I get my hand on the concealed weapon, ready for a quick draw.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I have been bitten a number of times by other breeds. One little bite from each. But that pit bull 54 years ago turned me into hamburger.
When I see a pit bull, I get my hand on the concealed weapon, ready for a quick draw.

As you should. Whenever you're presented with a situation that you perceive could be dangerous you should get ready.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Clarkm

As you should. Whenever you're presented with a situation that you perceive could be dangerous you should get ready.

Yep.
No one who knows the breed doubts they are the number one most capable of misdirected harm when in the wrong hands. The problem is that they've been in the most possible wrong hands since they came to be celebrated within the "gangsta" hip hop culture back in the late 1970s. Within that community, their numbers have been wildly high since that time, and they've been encouraged by these folks to be human-aggressive by long-known methods. Prior to that, however, they didn't even make most lists of dogs that bite. Look at a World Almanac from the 1960s, which always maintained such a list, and they don't even make the top ten. I believe it was German Shepherds that topped the list at that time.

For a while in the 60's I lived in a neighborhood with at least 100 kids,Everyone had a large yard, most families had a dog, dozens of dogs there, plenty ran loose, there wasn't one Pitt bull. I don't even recall one from my childhood, wake up Chris
Posted By: Goosey Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
It always astounds me that folks who run pointers and retrievers can deny that dogs have genetic characteristics. Fighting dogs have been bred to be vicious fighters. They are hard wired to kill and maim, and they do, well.

They were bred to fight OTHER DOGS.

But it's not 1835 anymore. We have over 150 years of breeding them not to fight other dogs. This is not a species. It's a breed. It doesn't take long to breed out the fighting characteristics.

I don't think this would go any better if she was attacked by a mastiff, Rottweiler, Dogo or any other powerful breed.

I think it's weird that a forum full of supposed outdoorsmen doesn't appreciate strong, robust dog breeds. A lot of them don't like government interference... but then I see them in here calling for the nanny state to ban pit bulls. Should give them all Chihuahuas and Pomeranians. grin
Originally Posted by 700LH

For a while in the 60's I lived in a neighborhood with at least 100 kids, most families had a dog, dozens of dogs there, plenty ran loose, there wasn't one Pitt bull. I don't even recall one from my childhood, wake up Chris

Might be the area, Where I grew up there were a few, I'm talking a 3 to 4 mile radius of my home.

For a while in the 60's I lived in a neighborhood with at least 100 kids, most families had a dog, dozens of dogs there, plenty ran loose, there wasn't one Pitt bull. I don't even recall one from my childhood, wake up Chris

Might be the area, Where I grew up there were a few, I'm talking a 3 to 4 mile radius of my home.

I might add lots of kids were bitten, collies (lassie) seemed to be bad at biting but it was a bite I don't recall any child ever being mauled.
Posted By: logcutter Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
Had a pitbull that was left for dead as an ex fighter in Oregon...One of the best damn dogs I have ever had...
Originally Posted by Goosey
It always astounds me that folks who run pointers and retrievers can deny that dogs have genetic characteristics. Fighting dogs have been bred to be vicious fighters. They are hard wired to kill and maim, and they do, well.

They were bred to fight OTHER DOGS.

But it's not 1835 anymore. We have over 150 years of breeding them not to fight other dogs. This is not a species. It's a breed. It doesn't take long to breed out the fighting characteristics.

I don't think this would go any better if she was attacked by a mastiff, Rottweiler, Dogo or any other powerful breed.

I think it's weird that a forum full of supposed outdoorsmen doesn't appreciate strong, robust dog breeds. A lot of them don't like government interference... but then I see them in here calling for the nanny state to ban pit bulls. Should give them all Chihuahuas and Pomeranians. grin

I'm not saying the State should outlaw your dog - I'm saying it should be legal to shoot you and your dog if it comes anywhere near me that I don't want it to. Pit Bulls are compensation for inadequacy pure and simple. No rational person would ever want to own an animal that might snap and kill a neighbor or a neighbor's child.
I'm saying it should be legal to shoot you and your dog if it comes anywhere near me

Ditto an visa versa...Phugg with my dog and your..xxxxxxx
Originally Posted by logcutter
I'm saying it should be legal to shoot you and your dog if it comes anywhere near me

Ditto an visa versa...Phugg with my dog and your..xxxxxxx

No rational person would ever consider owning an animal that might snap and kill a neighbor or a neighbor's child. If it snaps and kills you no great loss - but anyone else, intolerable.

Ready when you are.

Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19

Not where I lived either in NJ either. Mostly Shepherds,Dobermans,Beagles and the occasional Irish Setter.
No rational person would ever consider owning an animal that might snap and kill a neighbor or a neighbor's child.

Last time I looked the most viscous dog to children was the Cocker Spaniel...If you have never owned a put bull,you have no clue what your talking about...

Dang...Losers buy these dogs because they can't back up there mouth to take care of business they could have the old fashioned way..Furious dog with the rep in the hands of losers....

What do you expect?
No rational person would ever consider owning an animal that might snap and kill a neighbor or a neighbor's child.

Last time I looked the most viscous dog to children was the Cocker Spaniel...If you have never owned a put bull,you have no clue what your talking about...

Dang...Losers buy these dogs because they can't back up there mouth to take care of business they could have the old fashioned way..Furious dog with the rep in the hands of losers....

What do you expect?

How many times have Cocker Spaniels KILLED a human - much less a CHILD?

For a while in the 60's I lived in a neighborhood with at least 100 kids,Everyone had a large yard, most families had a dog, dozens of dogs there, plenty ran loose, there wasn't one Pitt bull. I don't even recall one from my childhood.

They were all quietly held by White Southern hunters and White dog fighters, who had zero interest in conditioning them for human aggression. Quite the contrary, since they had to work closely with them in boar hunting and pit fighting. Absent such intentional conditioning, they loved their work in gripping hogs and fighting other pit dogs, and many were simply kept by these folks as house dogs (almost certainly the majority of them), making no headlines. Wake up, Larry.

How many times has a Cocker been trained to kill anything but they are rated the highest risk for kids?

Training is everything....

Have you ever owned a pit bull?
Had a pitbull that was left for dead as an ex fighter in Oregon...One of the best damn dogs I have ever had...

Of all the dogs I've owned (Doberman, German Shepherds, mix breeds), the pure Pitbulls were the most steady and friendly around strangers.

Of all the dogs I've owned (Doberman, German Shepherds, mix breeds), the pure Pitbulls were the most steady and friendly around strangers.

Ditto....

As usual it's the ones that have never owned one doing the bashing...

Ditto....

Nevertheless, when it comes time to vote to ban them, I am voting yes. You and all the pit bull owning folks in the ghettos can vote no.

Ditto....

Yep, as usual.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
Some things are statistically impossible to defend while maintaining the appearance of intelligence. Pitbulls would be one of those things.
Posted By: Gus Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
just to throw-in, our local kill shelter, one of the largest in the entire south east is literally full of pits & pit mixes about any day of the week, or week in the month.

it's just the way it is. some get adopted, many don't.

some really good looking stuff. some with ears manicured, actually most are.

i think some are captured on the streets, some commandeered from chains in the back yard.

maybe a few given up voluntarily because of cost of food, care, etc. or people are moving to apartments.

down on the farm we always had collies, curs, maybe a few airedales. all mixed in together in the community.

didn't even know what a pitbull was until i got out of the army and came to the fast developing suburban & exurban countryside.
Pit Bull owner ever?
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Some things are statistically impossible to defend while maintaining the appearance of intelligence. Pitbulls would be one of those things.

Pit Bull owner ever?
Posted By: Goosey Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19

If you think pit bulls as a breed are "statistically impossible" to defend because they're extremely popular with many very bad owners and the term "pit bull" has a vague, sweeping definition, I'd hate to hear your views on gun rights.

Guns must be bad!!11! Gotta ban them!1!! Statistically impossible!!1!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gus Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19

If you think pit bulls as a breed are "statistically impossible" to defend because they're extremely popular with many very bad owners and the term "pit bull" has a vague, sweeping definition, I'd hate to hear your views on gun rights.

[Linked Image]

does that graph cause one to conclude that the overall count is too high, too low, or the us is too high, or even low?

i didn't see south africa listed. guess they don't have many guns. and i can understand that.

my neighbors own a pitbull or two. take really good care of them. and their guns too.

i don't really know if pitbulls are a defensive measure, or maybe a status item?

as said, we really see a lot of them. but they never were down on the farm.

if left up to me to categorize, i'd say they're really more an urban phenomenon.

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

What do you expect?

They just eat them all up so there is no evidence?

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

wink wink wink

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

Seriously?

I'll tune you in dude to how Pit Bulls are...

I inherited one when my son died...The dog was fighter in Oregon and lost..The owner took it out and put a bullet between the eyes and it knocked it out..My two sons picked it up and nursed it back to health...

My son died right here with his dog who lived..I cared for it for years..Never an issue..

You do not no chit about pit bulls because you have never owned one...

Intelligence...And your posting here on this subject without ever owning a pit bull????

Really?

Why..

[Linked Image]

Define "Homicide" and then figure out what those UN numbers really mean.

Ditto....

Nevertheless, when it comes time to vote to ban them, I am voting yes. You and all the pit bull owning folks in the ghettos can vote no.

That is cheating, you know most of the pit owners are felons and cannot vote.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19

How many times has a Cocker been trained to kill anything but they are rated the highest risk for kids?

Training is everything....

Have you ever owned a pit bull?

Had a friend who owned a cocker spaniel and loved it. The moment I found out she was pregnant, I told her to get rid of it. She refused, saying the dog was gentle and would never hurt the baby.

Baby was about 8 months old and the dog went for it. Luckily didn’t get close enough to hurt it, but it was gone by dinner that night. She apologized for not listening to me.
That is cheating, you know most of the pit owners are felons and cannot vote.

Once again Art..Your Johnny on the spot...Hahahaha

Never a felony here as a pit bull owner...

Priceless!!!!
280 Shooter

Your the reason Idaho is changing for the worse..Your weird ideas without actual hands on experience that influence the week minded...This pit bull chit is an example..

Talk about what you have first hand experience with..Thank you..

Born and raised in Idaho..

That's the point Goosey is making. Just looking at raw stats is near useless for gleaning any useful information about the object in question. You have to look at explanatory factors.

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

Seriously?

I'll tune you in dude to how Pit Bulls are...

I inherited one when my son died...The dog was fighter in Oregon and lost..The owner took it out and put a bullet between the eyes and it knocked it out..My two sons picked it up and nursed it back to health...

My son died right here with his dog who lived..I cared for it for years..Never an issue..

Intelligence...And your posting here on this subject without ever owning a pit bull????

Really?

Why..

Some were born slow (you), some weren't (me).

Really?

Why..

It really is interesting how many use emotion to come to their conclusions on this subject. very similar of how Anti-Gunners come to their conclusions about guns and their owners.

There are a couple on here that have a right to the bad opinion they have of Pits. I was attacked by a German Shepard many moons ago, little fuqker snuck up behind me and bit me right in the ass. I don't condemn the entire breed but I am cautious around them until I know the dog. I'm cautious around all large dogs until I know them, just common sense in my book.
280 Shooter

Your the reason Idaho is changing for the worse..Your weird ideas without actual hands on experience that influence the week minded...This pit bull chit is an example..

You're vs. your. Ellipsis is 3 dots, not 2. Week vs. weak. No vs. know.
Sorry that you're slow.
Thanks for stepping up and proving my point. Carry on.
280 Shooter

Lemme get this straight - you know all the facts there are to know and anyone that disagrees with your opinion is just a communist...

And yet you wonder why the country is turning to a [bleep] pool.

That's the point Goosey is making. Just looking at raw stats is near useless for gleaning any useful information about the object in question. You have to look at explanatory factors.

Emotion tends to blind. wink

Really?

Why..

It really is interesting how many use emotion to come to their conclusions on this subject. very similar of how Anti-Gunners come to their conclusions about guns and their owners.

There are a couple on here that have a right to the bad opinion they have of Pits. I was attacked by a German Shepard many moons ago, little fuqker snuck up behind me and bit me right in the ass. I don't condemn the entire breed but I am cautious around them until I know the dog. I'm cautious around all large dogs until I know them, just common sense in my book.
Me and my brother were both, a few years apart, attacked by the same German Shepherd, belonging to a neighbor. I still have canine puncture scars over my left kidney from it. Dad being a doctor, he patched me up at home. My brother was more badly injured, and was in the hospital for weeks over it. After that, they agreed to have the dog put down and give my brother a butt load of money. He bought a bunch of electric guitars, speakers, and amplifiers with it. This was back in the 1970s.
[quoteSome were born slow (you), some weren't (me).][/quote]

Ah....BSU right...

Chit..I was only Boise State Junior College driving a Coors Keg truck to every party with Ray R linebacker from the football team;.

The little guys couldn't handle the kegs..

I am a Poosy...
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
Anyone who is exposed to fighting dogs is entitled to an opinion. I don't need to put my hand in a grain auger or chainsaw to know it is a very bad idea. Training IS NOT everything. Dogs have instincts BRED into their genetics. I had a friend who couldn't train a dog to eat a hamburger, yet because his dog was smart and had great breeding, it learned how to be an excellent, but untrained bird dogs. He just took it hunting a lot and it caught on. Genetics will not be denied.

The truth is in the statistics and to deny them is to be delusional, by definition. Owners are deluded into believing dogs are harmless by their loyalty.

And to compare this issue to gun control is foolish. Guns don't kill people on their own; fighting dogs certainly do.
There's truth in the stats, but isolating a certain stat from other relevant stats (like the percentage of a particular breed in particular hands starting at a particular time) will lead you to wrong conclusions.
Such nice mild mannered dogs until they aren't is a larger part of the problem.
Sadly many just cannot comprehend that.
Anyone who is exposed to fighting dogs is entitled to an opinion. I don't need to put my hand in a grain auger or chainsaw to know it is a very bad idea. Training IS NOT everything. Dogs have instincts BRED into their genetics. I had a friend who couldn't train a dog to eat a hamburger, yet because his dog was smart and had great breeding, it learned how to be an excellent, but untrained bird dogs. He just took it hunting a lot and it caught on. Genetics will not be denied.

The truth is in the statistics and to deny them is to be delusional, by definition. Owners are deluded into believing dogs are harmless by their loyalty.

And to compare this issue to gun control is foolish. Guns don't kill people on their own; fighting dog certainly do.

Good post....

My baby is a Blue Healer..Meanest Beech that ever bolled for beads...Loyal and looking for trouble each minute..We call her 5:00 Charlie..

Count on it...
Posted By: DMc Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/11/19
Get the state to add a tag to our hunting licenses.
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19
meanest dog I ever saw was a 120 lb. Chesapeake bay retriever. He belonged to a good friend, he was the best waterfowl dog I ever hunted with, only if my friend was there between us. I hated that SOB of a dog.
Posted By: logcutter Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

I can't believe you...

I was born and raised in Boise and sold keg beer to the Bronco bars in my younger years...Ray Rodregus was a linebacker for the Broncos and was the other keg driver...Nobody handled two kegs on a dolly well as they had a hard time for there keg routes...

You need to remove your Bronco avatar...Your clearly not on board..
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19

And to compare this issue to gun control is foolish. Guns don't kill people on their own; fighting dogs certainly do.

I wasn't comparing "this issue" to gun control (which should have been obvious) I said that the way most reach their conclusion on "this issue" is the same way most reach their conclusion on gun control. Get past the emotion and use your head.

Neither have I ever claimed Pits to be 100% safe, anyone who claims any breed 100% safe is completely delusional.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19

I wasn't comparing "this issue" to gun control (which should have been obvious) I said that the way most reach their conclusion on "this issue" is the same way most reach their conclusion on gun control. Get past the emotion and use your head.

Neither have I ever claimed Pits to be 100% safe, anyone who claims any breed 100% safe is completely delusional.

BINGO statistics just don't matter do they?

Your one of the most emotional on here about the "issue", funny thing is at one time I was all emotional about the "issue" just like you and one day I decided to figure it out. If you don't beleive me go check out my posting history.

Just like the gun control freaks like to bend the stats, so do the anti pit freaks.

I'll be the first to admit that Pits are not a dog for just anybody and there is a reason for that.

And your personnel history with with pitbulls is?

And your personnel history with with pitbulls is?

Up close and personal but just like your limited contact with them, none of that has anything to do with the facts of the matter, does it?
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19
Doesn’t look like any lab I’ve ever seen.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19
Labs like to chase balls.
Blue Heelers chase kids and nip heels.
German Shepards are very protective.
Pit bulls dont snap, they maul.

Your one of the most emotional on here about the "issue", funny thing is at one time I was all emotional about the "issue" just like you and one day I decided to figure it out. If you don't beleive me go check out my posting history.

Just like the gun control freaks like to bend the stats, so do the anti pit freaks.

I'll be the first to admit that Pits are not a dog for just anybody and there is a reason for that.

The lefts gun stats are easily refuted, show us where the pit/ dog attacks stats are.

Damn....Really..I am new to this chit..
Posted By: Cretch Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19
Not a fan of Pits either, but in this case the Pit did good .Protected the little girl and right dog died.
Originally Posted by Cretch
Not a fan of Pits either, but in this case the Pit did good .Protected the little girl and right dog died.

They are as loving as any other dog and like any other dog,they are trained too.....
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Yup, every one of them..........

[Linked Image]
Link.

Yup, every one of them........Link.

Yup that's all that Labs do...........

[Linked Image]

Link.

And this one is good.........The Shocking Link.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I know the answer to this one....See if you can figure it out.
Posted By: 340boy Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19
Wow, Paul.
Puts the conversation in a different light😳
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19

[Linked Image]

Curioius how they don't bother to list Mexico's homicide rate. It's much higher than the USA even though ALL guns are outlawed there (supposedly).
Originally Posted by 340boy
Wow, Paul.
Puts the conversation in a different light😳

PM me if you have figured out the answer to the last one.

There's no picture of the lab in the story. Only the little girl's dog.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

I can't believe you...

I was born and raised in Boise and sold keg beer to the Bronco bars in my younger years...Ray Rodregus was a linebacker for the Broncos and was the other keg driver...Nobody handled two kegs on a dolly well as they had a hard time for there keg routes...

You need to remove your Bronco avatar...Your clearly not on board..

Tap another keg. You're doing well!

The lefts gun stats are easily refuted, show us where the pit/ dog attacks stats are.

Find those stats yet, or are we just gonna show graphic pictures?
You can't comment until your (seems to be the popular usage) face has been chewed off.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19

Guns must be bad!!11! Gotta ban them!1!! Statisticallyimpossible!!1[Linked Image]
There is a lot that is left out about the demographics of the homicide participants in the U.S. The type of folks that don't live in the other counties listed. So I guess we should disarm ourselves in the face of a crime wave? Besides that, a bunch of that homicide I would guess is suicide.
Posted By: Goosey Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19
Originally Posted by Hastings
There is a lot that is left out about the demographics of the homicide participants in the U.S.

Maybe there's a lot left out about the demographics of vicious pit bull owners, too, hmm?

I can guarantee you that if all the pit bulls in America were magically replaced with Rottweilers, mastiffs, Tosas, Kangals, or any other powerful breed, whichever breed had magically replaced the pit bulls would "magically" replace them in the fatal dog attack statistics, too.

Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19

Looks like a Blue on Blue incident to me, probably fighting for ownership of the "prize", a little curly haired animated "squeak toy"
There is a lot that is left out about the demographics of the homicide participants in the U.S.

Maybe there's a lot left out about the demographics of vicious pit bull owners, too, hmm?

I can guarantee you that if all the pit bulls in America were magically replaced with Rottweilers, mastiffs, Tosas, Kangals, or any other powerful breed, whichever breed had magically replaced the pit bulls would "magically" replace them in the fatal dog attack statistics, too.

What kind of doggies do queers like?
a bunch of that homicide I would guess is suicide.

Last I knew 60% of gun deaths are suicides.
Posted By: Goosey Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

"The old stereotype held that like attracts like: the prissy hairdresser with a pampered, manicured poodle or Chihuahua; the growly muscle bear controlling a giant, ultra-butch Great Dane or mastiff. But more and more gay men are, like Whitney, opening themselves to any dog that needs love.

Even pit bulls.

For years, pits were among the most popular American dogs, owned by presidents and famously featured in the Our Gang film shorts. They were known as “nanny dogs,” left alone to protect infants and small children. “No dog is inherently dangerous from its breed,” explains AKC spokesperson Lisa Peterson. “Clearly, the responsibility and the problem are with the owner.” Even so, these days, after numerous incidents of vicious pit bull attacks, many municipalities across the country have made it illegal to own pit bulls. Here, the New York City Housing Authority has banned the dogs — along with Rottweilers and Doberman Pinschers — from its 178,000 apartments across the city.

But they’re becoming increasingly popular among gay men. Nikki Moustaki, a professional dog trainer, has noticed more and more pits in her Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood. “I definitely see a lot of gay men with pit bulls,” she says."

[Linked Image]

https://www.villagevoice.com/2014/0...ay-men-defy-worn-out-canine-stereotypes/

Ah! That's why I have her on ignore. She still believes in magic and Pixie dust.

I assume you're smart enough to do your own work. I was smart enough to figure it out so you probably are too if you want to leave emotion behind and go figure it out it really ain't that hard if you use your noggin'.

To be honest I really don't care if you do or don't it's up to you whether or not you want to know the truth or not, Me I got tired of not knowing so I went and learned, go look at my previous posts on the subject I used to sound as ignorant and emotional as you do.

...But more and more gay men are, opening themselves to any dog that needs love.

Even pit bulls.

So you catch then?

I assume you're smart enough to do your own work. I was smart enough to figure it out so you probably are too if you want to leave emotion behind and go figure it out it really ain't that hard if you use your noggin'.

To be honest I really don't care if you do or don't it's up to you whether or not you want to know the truth or not, Me I got tired of not knowing so I went and learned, go look at my previous posts on the subject I used to sound as ignorant and emotional as you do.

IE. you can't

Looks like a Blue on Blue incident to me, probably fighting for ownership of the "prize", a little curly haired animated "squeak toy"

That's the child's dog. One among, I'm sure, the many in her mom's cell phone. They were showing it in connection with the child talking about her own dog saving her.
IE. you can't

Link.

You can make anything sound all rosy colored or you can make it sound all doom and gloom, As always the Truth lies somewhere in between.

Go find it if you dare.
IE. you can't

Link.

You can make anything sound all rosy colored or you can make it sound all doom and gloom, As always the Truth lies somewhere in between.

Go find it if you dare.

I guess an article written by someone that likes PB's is the same as actual statistics and hard facts.
Take a drive to the nearest ghetto and see what dogs they own. Pitbulls became a status symbol for them in the 1970s, and remain that. The more people-aggressive, the higher the status, so they use time-proven methods for making sure their Pitbulls are people-aggressive, which is what's behind the stats you cite. When they were not hugely in the hands of these sorts, prior to the 1970s, you never heard of a Pitbull biting anyone. They didn't make any of the "dogs that bite" lists. They were considered symbols of American patriotism and great kids dogs. Readers directed at children often featured drawings of kids playing with a Pitbull. The Little Rascals dog was a Pitbull.

[Linked Image]
Same chit different day
That's why no one wants to make an effort with you, you to emotional about the situation to listen to anything anyone has to say.

Kinda like a liberal on the subject of guns.
Posted By: las Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19
Labs can be very protective , and we don't really know the circumstances, or how the dog was raised. it is telling that the pit mix being protective turned into an anti-pit rant here. Both nature and nuture should be considered in rvery breed.

We have a new Dachshund puppy and our 30 month old Lab mix, rescue dog 11 months ago, took about zero time. A couple hours she was a bit put out... Puppy complains, and we had better DO SOMETHING she thinks.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/12/19
All most any animal is or can be deadly to humans especially children.
Hey TRH, you conveniently forgot to tell everyone that the first Petey was so beloved he was poisoned to death.

Hey TRH, you conveniently forgot to tell everyone that the first Petey was so beloved he was poisoned to death.

Never knew that.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/13/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/13/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/13/19

Never knew that.

It is True but not for the reasons that 700LH wants you to believe.

Petey was poisoned because of a grudge against Harry Lucenay the owner of Petey (AKA Pal). The Petey we all know is the Offsping of Pal.

Got to give 700 Kudo's for a good try though, like a democrat talking about guns..........

As always the truth lies somewhere in between.
Although not as good at it mine loves the game as well.

Although not as good at it mine loves the game as well.

Makes me miss my old Pitbull of happy memory. Haven't had a pure Pitbull since he passed away back in the summer of 2011.

[Linked Image]

Here he is slimmed down quite a bit as an older gentleman.

[Linked Image]
Good looking dude there Hawk.

You can change that, all ya have to do is go get one..............
Good looking dude there Hawk.

You can change that, all ya have to do is go get one..............

Got two dogs now. One half Pitbull, the other mostly a mix of English Bullmastiff and English Bulldog, with a little Pitbull mixed in (like 10%) for athleticism.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sollybug Re: Damn Pitbulls again! - 05/14/19
Beatiful dogs hawk womderful babysitters for you and the misses. Also will protect you from all the home invasions and drug deals gone wrong. I hope you feel more secure with a strong dog to protect you.......
Originally Posted by sollybug
Beatiful dogs hawk womderful babysitters for you and the misses. Also will protect you from all the home invasions and drug deals gone wrong. I hope you feel more secure with a strong dog to protect you.......

The look of the sorts of dogs that I like do indeed serve as a deterrence to crime, but I think of myself more as their protectors than vice versa.
© 24hourcampfire