Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hastings
There is a lot that is left out about the demographics of the homicide participants in the U.S.

Maybe there's a lot left out about the demographics of vicious pit bull owners, too, hmm?

I can guarantee you that if all the pit bulls in America were magically replaced with Rottweilers, mastiffs, Tosas, Kangals, or any other powerful breed, whichever breed had magically replaced the pit bulls would "magically" replace them in the fatal dog attack statistics, too.

Last edited by Goosey; 05/11/19.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by longarm
They're calling this a Lab mix? What a crock.

[Linked Image]td bank locations atm

Looks like a Blue on Blue incident to me, probably fighting for ownership of the "prize", a little curly haired animated "squeak toy"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Goosey
There is a lot that is left out about the demographics of the homicide participants in the U.S.

Maybe there's a lot left out about the demographics of vicious pit bull owners, too, hmm?

I can guarantee you that if all the pit bulls in America were magically replaced with Rottweilers, mastiffs, Tosas, Kangals, or any other powerful breed, whichever breed had magically replaced the pit bulls would "magically" replace them in the fatal dog attack statistics, too.

What kind of doggies do queers like?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
a bunch of that homicide I would guess is suicide.

Last I knew 60% of gun deaths are suicides.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

"The old stereotype held that like attracts like: the prissy hairdresser with a pampered, manicured poodle or Chihuahua; the growly muscle bear controlling a giant, ultra-butch Great Dane or mastiff. But more and more gay men are, like Whitney, opening themselves to any dog that needs love.

Even pit bulls.

For years, pits were among the most popular American dogs, owned by presidents and famously featured in the Our Gang film shorts. They were known as “nanny dogs,” left alone to protect infants and small children. “No dog is inherently dangerous from its breed,” explains AKC spokesperson Lisa Peterson. “Clearly, the responsibility and the problem are with the owner.” Even so, these days, after numerous incidents of vicious pit bull attacks, many municipalities across the country have made it illegal to own pit bulls. Here, the New York City Housing Authority has banned the dogs — along with Rottweilers and Doberman Pinschers — from its 178,000 apartments across the city.

But they’re becoming increasingly popular among gay men. Nikki Moustaki, a professional dog trainer, has noticed more and more pits in her Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood. “I definitely see a lot of gay men with pit bulls,” she says."

[Linked Image]

https://www.villagevoice.com/2014/0...ay-men-defy-worn-out-canine-stereotypes/

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ah! That's why I have her on ignore. She still believes in magic and Pixie dust.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by 12344mag
BINGO statistics just don't matter do they?

Your one of the most emotional on here about the "issue", funny thing is at one time I was all emotional about the "issue" just like you and one day I decided to figure it out. If you don't beleive me go check out my posting history.

Just like the gun control freaks like to bend the stats, so do the anti pit freaks.

I'll be the first to admit that Pits are not a dog for just anybody and there is a reason for that.

The lefts gun stats are easily refuted, show us where the pit/ dog attacks stats are.

Find those stats yet, or are we just gonna show graphic pictures?

I assume you're smart enough to do your own work. I was smart enough to figure it out so you probably are too if you want to leave emotion behind and go figure it out it really ain't that hard if you use your noggin'.

To be honest I really don't care if you do or don't it's up to you whether or not you want to know the truth or not, Me I got tired of not knowing so I went and learned, go look at my previous posts on the subject I used to sound as ignorant and emotional as you do.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

...But more and more gay men are, opening themselves to any dog that needs love.

Even pit bulls.

So you catch then?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BINGO statistics just don't matter do they?

Your one of the most emotional on here about the "issue", funny thing is at one time I was all emotional about the "issue" just like you and one day I decided to figure it out. If you don't beleive me go check out my posting history.

Just like the gun control freaks like to bend the stats, so do the anti pit freaks.

I'll be the first to admit that Pits are not a dog for just anybody and there is a reason for that.

The lefts gun stats are easily refuted, show us where the pit/ dog attacks stats are.

Find those stats yet, or are we just gonna show graphic pictures?

I assume you're smart enough to do your own work. I was smart enough to figure it out so you probably are too if you want to leave emotion behind and go figure it out it really ain't that hard if you use your noggin'.

To be honest I really don't care if you do or don't it's up to you whether or not you want to know the truth or not, Me I got tired of not knowing so I went and learned, go look at my previous posts on the subject I used to sound as ignorant and emotional as you do.

IE. you can't

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by longarm
They're calling this a Lab mix? What a crock.

[Linked Image]td bank locations atm

Looks like a Blue on Blue incident to me, probably fighting for ownership of the "prize", a little curly haired animated "squeak toy"

That's the child's dog. One among, I'm sure, the many in her mom's cell phone. They were showing it in connection with the child talking about her own dog saving her.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
IE. you can't

Link.

You can make anything sound all rosy colored or you can make it sound all doom and gloom, As always the Truth lies somewhere in between.

Go find it if you dare.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IE. you can't

Link.

You can make anything sound all rosy colored or you can make it sound all doom and gloom, As always the Truth lies somewhere in between.

Go find it if you dare.

I guess an article written by someone that likes PB's is the same as actual statistics and hard facts.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Take a drive to the nearest ghetto and see what dogs they own. Pitbulls became a status symbol for them in the 1970s, and remain that. The more people-aggressive, the higher the status, so they use time-proven methods for making sure their Pitbulls are people-aggressive, which is what's behind the stats you cite. When they were not hugely in the hands of these sorts, prior to the 1970s, you never heard of a Pitbull biting anyone. They didn't make any of the "dogs that bite" lists. They were considered symbols of American patriotism and great kids dogs. Readers directed at children often featured drawings of kids playing with a Pitbull. The Little Rascals dog was a Pitbull.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same chit different day

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
That's why no one wants to make an effort with you, you to emotional about the situation to listen to anything anyone has to say.

Kinda like a liberal on the subject of guns.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Labs can be very protective , and we don't really know the circumstances, or how the dog was raised. it is telling that the pit mix being protective turned into an anti-pit rant here. Both nature and nuture should be considered in rvery breed.

We have a new Dachshund puppy and our 30 month old Lab mix, rescue dog 11 months ago, took about zero time. A couple hours she was a bit put out... Puppy complains, and we had better DO SOMETHING she thinks.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All most any animal is or can be deadly to humans especially children.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey TRH, you conveniently forgot to tell everyone that the first Petey was so beloved he was poisoned to death.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,195 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,367
Posts18,506,428
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.