Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by logcutter
I'm saying it should be legal to shoot you and your dog if it comes anywhere near me

Ditto an visa versa...Phugg with my dog and your..xxxxxxx

No rational person would ever consider owning an animal that might snap and kill a neighbor or a neighbor's child. If it snaps and kills you no great loss - but anyone else, intolerable.

Ready when you are.

Last edited by Quick_Karl; 05/11/19.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No one who knows the breed doubts they are the number one most capable of misdirected harm when in the wrong hands. The problem is that they've been in the most possible wrong hands since they came to be celebrated within the "gangsta" hip hop culture back in the late 1970s. Within that community, their numbers have been wildly high since that time, and they've been encouraged by these folks to be human-aggressive by long-known methods. Prior to that, however, they didn't even make most lists of dogs that bite. Look at a World Almanac from the 1960s, which always maintained such a list, and they don't even make the top ten. I believe it was German Shepherds that topped the list at that time.

For a while in the 60's I lived in a neighborhood with at least 100 kids, most families had a dog, dozens of dogs there, plenty ran loose, there wasn't one Pitt bull. I don't even recall one from my childhood, wake up Chris

Might be the area, Where I grew up there were a few, I'm talking a 3 to 4 mile radius of my home.

Not where I lived either in NJ either. Mostly Shepherds,Dobermans,Beagles and the occasional Irish Setter.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
No rational person would ever consider owning an animal that might snap and kill a neighbor or a neighbor's child.

Last time I looked the most viscous dog to children was the Cocker Spaniel...If you have never owned a put bull,you have no clue what your talking about...

Dang...Losers buy these dogs because they can't back up there mouth to take care of business they could have the old fashioned way..Furious dog with the rep in the hands of losers....

What do you expect?

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
No rational person would ever consider owning an animal that might snap and kill a neighbor or a neighbor's child.

Last time I looked the most viscous dog to children was the Cocker Spaniel...If you have never owned a put bull,you have no clue what your talking about...

Dang...Losers buy these dogs because they can't back up there mouth to take care of business they could have the old fashioned way..Furious dog with the rep in the hands of losers....

What do you expect?

How many times have Cocker Spaniels KILLED a human - much less a CHILD?

Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
No one who knows the breed doubts they are the number one most capable of misdirected harm when in the wrong hands. The problem is that they've been in the most possible wrong hands since they came to be celebrated within the "gangsta" hip hop culture back in the late 1970s. Within that community, their numbers have been wildly high since that time, and they've been encouraged by these folks to be human-aggressive by long-known methods. Prior to that, however, they didn't even make most lists of dogs that bite. Look at a World Almanac from the 1960s, which always maintained such a list, and they don't even make the top ten. I believe it was German Shepherds that topped the list at that time.

For a while in the 60's I lived in a neighborhood with at least 100 kids,Everyone had a large yard, most families had a dog, dozens of dogs there, plenty ran loose, there wasn't one Pitt bull. I don't even recall one from my childhood.

They were all quietly held by White Southern hunters and White dog fighters, who had zero interest in conditioning them for human aggression. Quite the contrary, since they had to work closely with them in boar hunting and pit fighting. Absent such intentional conditioning, they loved their work in gripping hogs and fighting other pit dogs, and many were simply kept by these folks as house dogs (almost certainly the majority of them), making no headlines. Wake up, Larry.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

How many times has a Cocker been trained to kill anything but they are rated the highest risk for kids?

Training is everything....

Have you ever owned a pit bull?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Had a pitbull that was left for dead as an ex fighter in Oregon...One of the best damn dogs I have ever had...

Of all the dogs I've owned (Doberman, German Shepherds, mix breeds), the pure Pitbulls were the most steady and friendly around strangers.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Had a pitbull that was left for dead as an ex fighter in Oregon...One of the best damn dogs I have ever had...

Of all the dogs I've owned (Doberman, German Shepherds, mix breeds), the pure Pitbulls were the most steady and friendly around strangers.

Ditto....

As usual it's the ones that have never owned one doing the bashing...

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q

Ditto....

Nevertheless, when it comes time to vote to ban them, I am voting yes. You and all the pit bull owning folks in the ghettos can vote no.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Ditto....

Yep, as usual.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some things are statistically impossible to defend while maintaining the appearance of intelligence. Pitbulls would be one of those things.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
just to throw-in, our local kill shelter, one of the largest in the entire south east is literally full of pits & pit mixes about any day of the week, or week in the month.

it's just the way it is. some get adopted, many don't.

some really good looking stuff. some with ears manicured, actually most are.

i think some are captured on the streets, some commandeered from chains in the back yard.

maybe a few given up voluntarily because of cost of food, care, etc. or people are moving to apartments.

down on the farm we always had collies, curs, maybe a few airedales. all mixed in together in the community.

didn't even know what a pitbull was until i got out of the army and came to the fast developing suburban & exurban countryside.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Pit Bull owner ever?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Some things are statistically impossible to defend while maintaining the appearance of intelligence. Pitbulls would be one of those things.

Pit Bull owner ever?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If you think pit bulls as a breed are "statistically impossible" to defend because they're extremely popular with many very bad owners and the term "pit bull" has a vague, sweeping definition, I'd hate to hear your views on gun rights.

Guns must be bad!!11! Gotta ban them!1!! Statistically impossible!!1!

[Linked Image]

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Goosey

If you think pit bulls as a breed are "statistically impossible" to defend because they're extremely popular with many very bad owners and the term "pit bull" has a vague, sweeping definition, I'd hate to hear your views on gun rights.

Guns must be bad!!11! Gotta ban them!1!! Statistically impossible!!1!

[Linked Image]

does that graph cause one to conclude that the overall count is too high, too low, or the us is too high, or even low?

i didn't see south africa listed. guess they don't have many guns. and i can understand that.

my neighbors own a pitbull or two. take really good care of them. and their guns too.

i don't really know if pitbulls are a defensive measure, or maybe a status item?

as said, we really see a lot of them. but they never were down on the farm.

if left up to me to categorize, i'd say they're really more an urban phenomenon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl

What do you expect?

They just eat them all up so there is no evidence?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

wink wink wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

Seriously?

I'll tune you in dude to how Pit Bulls are...

I inherited one when my son died...The dog was fighter in Oregon and lost..The owner took it out and put a bullet between the eyes and it knocked it out..My two sons picked it up and nursed it back to health...

My son died right here with his dog who lived..I cared for it for years..Never an issue..

You do not no chit about pit bulls because you have never owned one...

Intelligence...And your posting here on this subject without ever owning a pit bull????

Really?

Why..

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,416
Posts18,507,217
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.