Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Some things are statistically impossible to defend while maintaining the appearance of intelligence. Pitbulls would be one of those things.

If you think pit bulls as a breed are "statistically impossible" to defend because they're extremely popular with many very bad owners and the term "pit bull" has a vague, sweeping definition, I'd hate to hear your views on gun rights.

Guns must be bad!!11! Gotta ban them!1!! Statistically impossible!!1!

[Linked Image]

Define "Homicide" and then figure out what those UN numbers really mean.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
Originally Posted by logcutter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Had a pitbull that was left for dead as an ex fighter in Oregon...One of the best damn dogs I have ever had...

Of all the dogs I've owned (Doberman, German Shepherds, mix breeds), the pure Pitbulls were the most steady and friendly around strangers.

Ditto....

As usual it's the ones that have never owned one doing the bashing...

Nevertheless, when it comes time to vote to ban them, I am voting yes. You and all the pit bull owning folks in the ghettos can vote no.

That is cheating, you know most of the pit owners are felons and cannot vote.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
How many times have Cocker Spaniels KILLED a human - much less a CHILD?

How many times has a Cocker been trained to kill anything but they are rated the highest risk for kids?

Training is everything....

Have you ever owned a pit bull?

Had a friend who owned a cocker spaniel and loved it. The moment I found out she was pregnant, I told her to get rid of it. She refused, saying the dog was gentle and would never hurt the baby.

Baby was about 8 months old and the dog went for it. Luckily didn’t get close enough to hurt it, but it was gone by dinner that night. She apologized for not listening to me.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
That is cheating, you know most of the pit owners are felons and cannot vote.

Once again Art..Your Johnny on the spot...Hahahaha

Never a felony here as a pit bull owner...

Priceless!!!!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
280 Shooter

Your the reason Idaho is changing for the worse..Your weird ideas without actual hands on experience that influence the week minded...This pit bull chit is an example..

Talk about what you have first hand experience with..Thank you..

Born and raised in Idaho..

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

That's the point Goosey is making. Just looking at raw stats is near useless for gleaning any useful information about the object in question. You have to look at explanatory factors.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some things are statistically impossible to defend while maintaining the appearance of intelligence. Pitbulls would be one of those things.

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

Seriously?

I'll tune you in dude to how Pit Bulls are...

I inherited one when my son died...The dog was fighter in Oregon and lost..The owner took it out and put a bullet between the eyes and it knocked it out..My two sons picked it up and nursed it back to health...

My son died right here with his dog who lived..I cared for it for years..Never an issue..

You do not no chit about pit bulls because you have never owned one...

Intelligence...And your posting here on this subject without ever owning a pit bull????

Really?

Why..

Some were born slow (you), some weren't (me).

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Intelligence...And your posting here on this subject without ever owning a pit bull????

Really?

Why..

It really is interesting how many use emotion to come to their conclusions on this subject. very similar of how Anti-Gunners come to their conclusions about guns and their owners.

There are a couple on here that have a right to the bad opinion they have of Pits. I was attacked by a German Shepard many moons ago, little fuqker snuck up behind me and bit me right in the ass. I don't condemn the entire breed but I am cautious around them until I know the dog. I'm cautious around all large dogs until I know them, just common sense in my book.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
280 Shooter

Your the reason Idaho is changing for the worse..Your weird ideas without actual hands on experience that influence the week minded...This pit bull chit is an example..

You're vs. your. Ellipsis is 3 dots, not 2. Week vs. weak. No vs. know.
Sorry that you're slow.
Thanks for stepping up and proving my point. Carry on.

Last edited by 280shooter; 05/11/19.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
280 Shooter

Lemme get this straight - you know all the facts there are to know and anyone that disagrees with your opinion is just a communist...

And yet you wonder why the country is turning to a [bleep] pool.

Last edited by Quick_Karl; 05/11/19.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

That's the point Goosey is making. Just looking at raw stats is near useless for gleaning any useful information about the object in question. You have to look at explanatory factors.

Emotion tends to blind. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Really?

Why..

It really is interesting how many use emotion to come to their conclusions on this subject. very similar of how Anti-Gunners come to their conclusions about guns and their owners.

There are a couple on here that have a right to the bad opinion they have of Pits. I was attacked by a German Shepard many moons ago, little fuqker snuck up behind me and bit me right in the ass. I don't condemn the entire breed but I am cautious around them until I know the dog. I'm cautious around all large dogs until I know them, just common sense in my book.
Me and my brother were both, a few years apart, attacked by the same German Shepherd, belonging to a neighbor. I still have canine puncture scars over my left kidney from it. Dad being a doctor, he patched me up at home. My brother was more badly injured, and was in the hospital for weeks over it. After that, they agreed to have the dog put down and give my brother a butt load of money. He bought a bunch of electric guitars, speakers, and amplifiers with it. This was back in the 1970s.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
[quoteSome were born slow (you), some weren't (me).][/quote]

Ah....BSU right...

Chit..I was only Boise State Junior College driving a Coors Keg truck to every party with Ray R linebacker from the football team;.

The little guys couldn't handle the kegs..

I am a Poosy...

Last edited by logcutter; 05/11/19.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Anyone who is exposed to fighting dogs is entitled to an opinion. I don't need to put my hand in a grain auger or chainsaw to know it is a very bad idea. Training IS NOT everything. Dogs have instincts BRED into their genetics. I had a friend who couldn't train a dog to eat a hamburger, yet because his dog was smart and had great breeding, it learned how to be an excellent, but untrained bird dogs. He just took it hunting a lot and it caught on. Genetics will not be denied.

The truth is in the statistics and to deny them is to be delusional, by definition. Owners are deluded into believing dogs are harmless by their loyalty.

And to compare this issue to gun control is foolish. Guns don't kill people on their own; fighting dogs certainly do.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There's truth in the stats, but isolating a certain stat from other relevant stats (like the percentage of a particular breed in particular hands starting at a particular time) will lead you to wrong conclusions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Such nice mild mannered dogs until they aren't is a larger part of the problem.
Sadly many just cannot comprehend that.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Anyone who is exposed to fighting dogs is entitled to an opinion. I don't need to put my hand in a grain auger or chainsaw to know it is a very bad idea. Training IS NOT everything. Dogs have instincts BRED into their genetics. I had a friend who couldn't train a dog to eat a hamburger, yet because his dog was smart and had great breeding, it learned how to be an excellent, but untrained bird dogs. He just took it hunting a lot and it caught on. Genetics will not be denied.

The truth is in the statistics and to deny them is to be delusional, by definition. Owners are deluded into believing dogs are harmless by their loyalty.

And to compare this issue to gun control is foolish. Guns don't kill people on their own; fighting dog certainly do.

Good post....

My baby is a Blue Healer..Meanest Beech that ever bolled for beads...Loyal and looking for trouble each minute..We call her 5:00 Charlie..

Count on it...

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Get the state to add a tag to our hunting licenses.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
meanest dog I ever saw was a 120 lb. Chesapeake bay retriever. He belonged to a good friend, he was the best waterfowl dog I ever hunted with, only if my friend was there between us. I hated that SOB of a dog.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Pit Bull owner ever?

Too intelligent.

I can't believe you...

I was born and raised in Boise and sold keg beer to the Bronco bars in my younger years...Ray Rodregus was a linebacker for the Broncos and was the other keg driver...Nobody handled two kegs on a dolly well as they had a hard time for there keg routes...

You need to remove your Bronco avatar...Your clearly not on board..

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 222Sako, 257 mag, 219DW, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 44 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,389
Posts18,506,831
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.