Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yukonal

There are always three sides to every story. Your side, their side, and the truth.

First off you cut a check to the outfitter and not JA&S. You know that, they know that, and we know that. As both parties agree to that!

Second they are a booking agency. They can't control everything that does or doesn't happen on a trip. For someone as boisterous as you, why weren't you that way with the guide right then and there?

Your b_tch and post should have if at all been at the outfitter!

I can not question either of you on what happened with the Bear Hunt or lack of. But dam if you get butt hurt over him telling you to just book a hunt you are thin skinned.

Just my opinion but this wasn't the place to take this in the manner you did.

In my opinion you do owe them an apology.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If you haven’t figured it out by now, booking agents, travel agencies, and all other middle men are not responsible for anything not in writing on a signed contract. If you don’t have reliable references, you are just waiting for trouble when booking anything, especially hunting and fishing trips. Buyer beware!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WAM
If you haven’t figured it out by now, booking agents, travel agencies, and all other middle men are not responsible for anything not in writing on a signed contract.

Especially if you don’t pay them. If you hear about a hunt from an agent and go directly to the hunt they recommended without paying the agent, you have nothing to do with the agent except that you screwed them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by yukonal
Guys, sorry for bringing this thread up again. I didn't even know it was alive since the beginning of March. I had no idea all this posting was going on. And Drum...wow! A link to this thread was just brought to my attention. I thought it was dead 3 months ago.

I don't feel I slandered anyone. I only said I had a hunt that did not turn out the way I was told it would. Please read my first post on this thread.

Also, I didn't know that I DIDN'T go thru Atchesons. I thought I did, after I hunted with the outfit they recommended. I hunted with the outfit they told me to, and told them I booked the hunt with them before I went. Then afterwards, I told them about the hunt so that they could get their commission. I even told the place I hunted that I was going thru Atchesons. Hope that clears that up. Don't know where the going behind their back came from.

I'll give you guys the shortened version, since everyone thinks I owe an explanation.

When we got there, the guide we were told by A&Sons we would be hunting with, had been fired. The horses were rented from another ranch, as the ones at our camp were so worn out, the guide said he couldn't use them...the horses familiar with that ranch.The hunt was booked as a horseback hunt. We rode horses up the first morning. They were on the verge of out of control. We stayed on the mountain all day (4 of us) so that the other 3 hunters could hunt up there for the evening hunt.

2 other hunters got their elk that night. The guide made us leave the elk on the mountain that night, to recover the next day. He asked all 4 of us if we wanted to ride back down the way we came up, or walk the horses down a steep incline (45 degree, and sometimes steeper) which would be shorter. All in the dark. We all said that we wanted to ride back out. The guide then told us we were going to walk the horses down...2 miles down. The horses slid down probably 1/4 of the way. One of the older hunters fell down several times, and hurt his leg.

The next day they wouldn't let us go with them to recover our elk. We had to stay in camp. My brother and I told the guide to let us know when they got his elk back to camp, as we were going to butcher both for our trip back home. I gave the guide a brand new elk game bag kit, and asked him to put the quarters in it. Later that day, after not hearing from anyone, we drove a mile and a half down the road to the barn, and my brothers WHOLE elk was hanging from a tractor, in the sun, covered with flies. No game bag, not quartered.

This is just the condensed version. All of these things were discussed with Keith over the phone, and he acted like it was no big deal. This is what I meant by the "horseback hunt" being misrepresented.

The other part to this saga...is the grizzly hunting. I called A& Sons several years ago, and put my name on a grizzly cancellation hunt list. I called 3 times a year for 2 years, every time after they emailed their client list that a hunt had come up. Every time I called, the hunt had been sold. The third year, I called again in the beginning of the year to keep in contact and let them know I still wanted to do it. The second time that year that I received the client email that a cancellation hunt came up, I again called to book, but the hunt had again been sold. I had my name on a waiting list for 3 years, and they never ONCE called me to sell me ANY of the cancellation hunts. The last time I told Keith that I wasn't happy about the way he handled that. He raised his voice and said, "why don't you stop bitching, and just book a bear hunt?"

I don't think I have to give any more details than that. I think this gives you an idea where I'm coming from. I apologize to you guys for not chiming in sooner, I really didn't know this thread was still going. I wish somebody wold have pm'ed me. But, apologize to Keith...no way. I think the apology should be to me.

Really Drum...banned?

10 years I've never bashed anyone on this forum. Made several posts helping people when I could. Made a lot of friends here, and never tried to hurt anyone.

We all know after your bitch fest OP you checked in or else you wouldn't have made it. You didn't post as it didn't go your way. Don't play stupid. Makes you look worse.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
booking agents and guide services all only want thing your money,they could care less about the hunter who spent his hard earned money.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pete53
booking agents and guide services all only want thing your money,they could care less about the hunter who spent his hard earned money.

Mighty broad brush... I have known more than a bunch and only a couple came close to your description.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys, sorry for bringing this thread up again. I didn't even know it was alive since the beginning of March. I had no idea all this posting was going on. And Drum...wow! A link to this thread was just brought to my attention. I thought it was dead 3 months ago.

I don't feel I slandered anyone. I only said I had a hunt that did not turn out the way I was told it would. Please read my first post on this thread.

Also, I didn't know that I DIDN'T go thru Atchesons. I thought I did, after I hunted with the outfit they recommended. I hunted with the outfit they told me to, and told them I booked the hunt with them before I went. Then afterwards, I told them about the hunt so that they could get their commission. I even told the place I hunted that I was going thru Atchesons. Hope that clears that up. Don't know where the going behind their back came from.

I'll give you guys the shortened version, since everyone thinks I owe an explanation.

When we got there, the guide we were told by A&Sons we would be hunting with, had been fired. The horses were rented from another ranch, as the ones at our camp were so worn out, the guide said he couldn't use them...the horses familiar with that ranch.The hunt was booked as a horseback hunt. We rode horses up the first morning. They were on the verge of out of control. We stayed on the mountain all day (4 of us) so that the other 3 hunters could hunt up there for the evening hunt.

2 other hunters got their elk that night. The guide made us leave the elk on the mountain that night, to recover the next day. He asked all 4 of us if we wanted to ride back down the way we came up, or walk the horses down a steep incline (45 degree, and sometimes steeper) which would be shorter. All in the dark. We all said that we wanted to ride back out. The guide then told us we were going to walk the horses down...2 miles down. The horses slid down probably 1/4 of the way. One of the older hunters fell down several times, and hurt his leg.

The next day they wouldn't let us go with them to recover our elk. We had to stay in camp. My brother and I told the guide to let us know when they got his elk back to camp, as we were going to butcher both for our trip back home. I gave the guide a brand new elk game bag kit, and asked him to put the quarters in it. Later that day, after not hearing from anyone, we drove a mile and a half down the road to the barn, and my brothers WHOLE elk was hanging from a tractor, in the sun, covered with flies. No game bag, not quartered.

This is just the condensed version. All of these things were discussed with Keith over the phone, and he acted like it was no big deal. This is what I meant by the "horseback hunt" being misrepresented.

The other part to this saga...is the grizzly hunting. I called A& Sons several years ago, and put my name on a grizzly cancellation hunt list. I called 3 times a year for 2 years, every time after they emailed their client list that a hunt had come up. Every time I called, the hunt had been sold. The third year, I called again in the beginning of the year to keep in contact and let them know I still wanted to do it. The second time that year that I received the client email that a cancellation hunt came up, I again called to book, but the hunt had again been sold. I had my name on a waiting list for 3 years, and they never ONCE called me to sell me ANY of the cancellation hunts. The last time I told Keith that I wasn't happy about the way he handled that. He raised his voice and said, "why don't you stop bitching, and just book a bear hunt?"

I don't think I have to give any more details than that. I think this gives you an idea where I'm coming from. I apologize to you guys for not chiming in sooner, I really didn't know this thread was still going. I wish somebody wold have pm'ed me. But, apologize to Keith...no way. I think the apology should be to me.

Really Drum...banned?

10 years I've never bashed anyone on this forum. Made several posts helping people when I could. [b]Made a lot of friends here, and never tried to hurt anyone. [/b]

Until you tried to burn a man’s business and his fathers legacy with a directed attack that should never have been penned here.

As already posted - you’ve been sulking around for months on the Fire...Saying you were recently made aware of the dissenting opinions from members by a “Link” passed to you shows your lack of integrity and actual intelligence thinking this would suffice as your excuse for not responding to the schit show you ignited...

I own a small business and this is the same chicken schit behavior I’ve seen attempted by a very small amount of customers who attempt to extort funds on projects with threats of social warfare when the final bill is giving to them...

Unfortunately for these types of people in this world, I’am that kind of owner who always makes the time to find my way to small claims court for full payment and liens against their property if necessary...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
A
I really hate to bring this thread up again but I will not let these lies go unanswered.

“Al Quast per 06/25/2019 thread”

“All of these things were discussed with Keith over the phone, and he acted like it was no big deal.”

“The last time I told Keith that I wasn't happy about the way he handled that. He raised his voice and said, "why don't you stop bitching, and just book a bear hunt?"

FACT: I wrote him the following.

Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 12:43 PM
To: yukonalcomcast.net
Subject: Bear hunts

Al

I’m on a plane headed to AK. I'm sorry I did not contact you first. Honestly it’s been quite a while since we talked. Not intentional I assure you. I talk to a lot of people. Instead of complaining and blaming me you could remind me of your interest prior to upcoming seasons. I’m not a mind reader. Why not jump on one of these hunts as they are open right now. My office will have the outfitter names and phone numbers and info to you shortly. You should call them asap to discuss I suggest.

Keith Atcheson

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact: No such phone conversations have ever taken place. Quast has never called me about the hunt he booked direct with the outfitter after the hunt took place. Additionally, there was no subsequent phone conversation 15 months later where I “raised my voice”. Absolute 100% lies and more fabrication.

All this initiated by a subject whom I have never met nor done any business. You can't make this stuff up except on the internet.

On the positive side, this thread has led to a number of good hunt inquires and real business. How ironic!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like Ole Al is diggin' a deeper hole...…..what a shame!!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

"Also, I didn't know that I DIDN'T go thru Atchesons. I thought I did, after I hunted with the outfit they recommended. I hunted with the outfit they told me to, and told them I booked the hunt with them before I went. Then afterwards, I told them about the hunt so that they could get their commission. I even told the place I hunted that I was going thru Atchesons. Hope that clears that up. Don't know where the going behind their back came from."

[You didn't book through what is essentially a travel agent, and then thought you did? When I price a flight through Expedia and then book online with Southwest, I don't blame Expedia if the flight is messed up.]

The next day they wouldn't let us go with them to recover our elk. We had to stay in camp.

[So the Group couldn't ride the horses and couldn't negotiate the walk, but got upset when they werent asked to go along back down the same trail only now carrying several hundred pounds of meat?

[You don't enterain the possibility that maybe some one had been on the waiting list for more than your 2 years and was ahead of you in line, or that someone could've called or emailed "I'll take it" a few minutes before you?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm still pretty upset that no bigly discounted sheep hunts have been offered to me,

full price is for losers,

just like accepting fire sale discounts, based on savings, rather than quality or outfitter ratings.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Atcheson
I really hate to bring this thread up again but I will not let these lies go unanswered.

“Al Quast per 06/25/2019 thread”

“All of these things were discussed with Keith over the phone, and he acted like it was no big deal.”

“The last time I told Keith that I wasn't happy about the way he handled that. He raised his voice and said, "why don't you stop bitching, and just book a bear hunt?"

FACT: I wrote him the following.

Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 12:43 PM
To: yukonalcomcast.net
Subject: Bear hunts

Al

I’m on a plane headed to AK. I'm sorry I did not contact you first. Honestly it’s been quite a while since we talked. Not intentional I assure you. I talk to a lot of people. Instead of complaining and blaming me you could remind me of your interest prior to upcoming seasons. I’m not a mind reader. Why not jump on one of these hunts as they are open right now. My office will have the outfitter names and phone numbers and info to you shortly. You should call them asap to discuss I suggest.

Keith Atcheson

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fact: No such phone conversations have ever taken place. Quast has never called me about the hunt he booked direct with the outfitter after the hunt took place. Additionally, there was no subsequent phone conversation 15 months later where I “raised my voice”. Absolute 100% lies and more fabrication.

All this initiated by a subject whom I have never met nor done any business. You can't make this stuff up except on the internet.

On the positive side, this thread has led to a number of good hunt inquires and real business. How ironic!

Keith,

I only know of you in passing and we exchanged a couple of emails re the Montana Unlimited Sheep hunt a decade ago. I have never spent money with you nor have you provided me service that I have paid for so I am impartial in this.

Thanks for participating in this thread though usually I would say keeping a thread going is bad for everyone being mentioned. In this case, is obvious to me and several others that the OP hunter is someone I never want to be in camp with ever. I prefer to be around people that have enough self-reflection to see when they screwed up and admit as much. We all know someone who is always screwed over for no fault of their own though we also know they do stupid stuff to win those stupid prizes. Oh, I am such a victim. Again.

Let's see. OP booked direct after consulting with you and he knew this meant there was zero business relationship being created that involved you. Zilch. And, you were out any recourse for a commission on the deal. Because, you know, OP decided to directly contract with the outfitter. Not with you. By choice. This is an adult who did this and is sophisticated enough to know about contracts and commissions in the hunting industry.

This is the same as me going over to Home Depot and talking up the tool section manager to find out what might be the impact hammer drill he would suggest for me to use and then I go on Amazon and buy the same hammer drill which then bursts into flames so I now go to Home Depot for a warranty claim and insurance claim. We all know what Home Depot would say, "Sir, are you having a stroke because nothing you are saying makes sense as to why Home Depot is a party to your misfortune. Good. Day."

Hope you have a fantastic 2019 and an even better 2020 with some great clients.

Lyle

A computer once beat me at chess. I then won a kickboxing contest with the same computer. So, 1-1 to date.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
hammer drill this one to death.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don’t worry fellas, Al send me a PM a couple weeks ago letting me know I should have come sent him a PM letting him know that this thread had been bumped before commenting. Al, you have a PM

I’m sure he’ll be along shortly

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Don’t worry fellas, Al send me a PM a couple weeks ago letting me know I should have come sent him a PM letting him know that this thread had been bumped before commenting. Al, you have a PM

I’m sure he’ll be along shortly

Right!

Don't hold your breathe.

Al has behaved like a person who cuts a real stinker in a crowded elevator and is hoping the stench dissipates before anyone notices. Ostrich syndrome. Stick your head in the sand and hope the threat goes away

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AB2506

Al has behaved like a person who cuts a real stinker in a crowded elevator and is hoping the stench dissipates before anyone notices.

Your comment makes it sound like you think there's something wrong with that?? I'd agree, much better to exit the elevator beore the stench dissipates. Leave 'em casting sidelong glances at each other, wondering whodunit.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by AB2506

Al has behaved like a person who cuts a real stinker in a crowded elevator and is hoping the stench dissipates before anyone notices.

Your comment makes it sound like you think there's something wrong with that?? I'd agree, much better to exit the elevator before the stench dissipates. Leave 'em casting sidelong glances at each other, wondering whodunit.

Reminds me of Benjamin Disraeli, the Jewish Prime Minister of England in the mid 1800's. He was quoted as saying, "Never complain, never explain".

Henry Ford II was caught by a camera crew, coming out of a fancy hotel with a blonde on this arm (for sure not his wife). When asked what he had to say, he quoted Disraeli, got in his waiting lemo and they drove off... wink

I like your "fart in the elevator" strategy. Works for me...

Or like the guy in church, let a big one go, led his small son out by the hand. Now, who was gonna believe that small lad could produce a "bass fiddle" quality fart... blush

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, you deplorable jerks, I guess Al won’t respond and given that he wanted me to relay a message I’ll just quote this from the PM’s. I normally consider it poor form to post a private message but he wanted this conveyed so I’ll post just these

As per your previous request you should know that Atcheson has responded to you on your thread where you tried to ruin him

Perhaps you could do me a small favor. If some of the jerks that keep climbing on me keep trying to call me out, you can remind them that I am no longer here...to argue with them. End of an era.

Thanks Drum, best luck in the future,

Al

Drum,
I guess you didn't understand what I was saying. I will not respond to that thread, or any other thread. I am logging off, and leaving the campfire.

.....Why didn't you send me a pm, or text me to let me know what was happening?

Just following through with your request. You can handle it any way you like but it’s probably best to just go away. Keith keeps his emails and thats probably not a good thing for you in this situation. The pen is indeed mightier than the sword..... isn’t that what you told him?

I think the fact that he’s walking away tells us what we’ve all known since Atcheson’s first response to this thread. I don’t know a guy that’s willing to walk away if he were on the right side of the truth. Sad deal really. Actually sad doesn’t really sum it up, pathetic is a better word. At least he didn’t give us a “I’m leaving” thread so he’s got that going for him

Last edited by huntsonora; 07/10/19.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Seriously folks, who really gives a damn about YukonAl or this whole stinking thread? Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, he was just on 51 minutes ago !

yukonal Online - Content
From MN
Joined 03/04/08
Last Seen 51 minutes ago
Total Posts 3,239 (Campfire Guide)
Posts Per Day 0.781

Probably to check in again, incognito !!

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (17CalFan, 1936M71, 12savage, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,680
Posts18,474,994
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.