Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Not sure if folks think I am deflake with a different account or he is me with a different account, but I only have one account and would not bother wasting my time juggling two accounts just to intellectually accost you bozos.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we all know that god & especially his followers support the concept of yoga pants.

otherwise, he'd never have allowed their invention. he's meticulous about that.

but we all know that when the number of earthquakes increase, it's not good.

i believe jaguar man in his honesty is trying to tell us something, but what?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Counter it with something other than mere belief.

Reverend Raider all knowing...

Knowing anything at all on the subject is much more than you or your minions know, quite obviously.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Paul
Romans 1
No excuse

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I'll take you here.....

crack open a cold beer.....we leave......

then you tell me there is no God.....

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Argue all you want. Quote any man-written set of myths you like. You still have done nothing more than create a god in your own image, according to your own preferences. You're exactly the same as Og.

I'll say this: if there is a god who controls every last atom and every last thing that happens, he is one sadistic, cynical, capricious, and fickle S.O.B. He murders, cripples, starves, and tortures millions of us every day. Loving god my ass.

Question for all of you who believe in heaven: Are there only humans in your heaven, or do the UFO aliens go there also? How about all the other innumerable beings in the universe? Do you have to mingle with them, or is there a separate heavenly slum set aside for humans? Or perhaps one for only white humans?

Rocky-, you raise “the problem with evil,” probably the most common for cynicism regarding the God of Christianity. It’s a great enough problem that many have written about it, including CS Lewis and more recently Tim Keller. It’s undoubtedly a hard knot to cut through.

Wager (no, not Pascal’s) to all posters taking the opposing view here and who kept it pretty civil: read through the Bible beginning with John in the next six months. I would recommend Biblehub.com (free) and you can read any one of about 20 commentaries in parallel with any scripture. Then when you get in my neck of the woods, I will host. Regardless of stripe. ‘Course I would do that anyway. 🙂

Mt good friend Antelope Sniper hasn’t checked in here yet, but I imagine he will shortly. 😉

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Jeezus ain't real.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Argue all you want. Quote any man-written set of myths you like. You still have done nothing more than create a god in your own image, according to your own preferences. You're exactly the same as Og.

I'll say this: if there is a god who controls every last atom and every last thing that happens, he is one sadistic, cynical, capricious, and fickle S.O.B. He murders, cripples, starves, and tortures millions of us every day. Loving god my ass.

Question for all of you who believe in heaven: Are there only humans in your heaven, or do the UFO aliens go there also? How about all the other innumerable beings in the universe? Do you have to mingle with them, or is there a separate heavenly slum set aside for humans? Or perhaps one for only white humans?

Learning about God is not the same as creating a god. For one there are things I would have done differently. Probably wrongly but differently.

#2 is a little fatuous. So maybe He made the rules and set things in motion? Then there are all the physical constants that came out of the big bang just right. Like the universal gravitational constant that controls the expansion of the universe. Of course you could say that's a statistical probability. But th odds of getting it just right by chance approach infinity. And you know what that means. No, doesn't prove anything but you have to confront the matter.

Heaven is logically not comprehensible beyond it's the plac to be. So who knows? Personally , like Will Rogers, I'm more concerned with where dogs go than aliens. smile

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Heaven is logically not comprehensible beyond it's the plac to be. So who knows? Personally , like Will Rogers, I'm more concerned with where dogs go than aliens. smile[/quote]

in all likelihood the dogs, humans, and extraterrestrials aren't all that different if in fact we all came from the big bang.

there'd be that singularity, that commonality, that duality.

what was, and what wasn't.

what is, and what isn't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse."

That pretty much defines "innate". No man has any excuse not to accept that there is God.

And like it or not, every man will give an account for what he believes and what he has done. That will be a pitiful day for a very great many who have no faith in Jesus. But a very wonderful day for those of us who believe, whose faults/sins are removed by Him as far as east is from west.

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
"
That pretty much defines "innate". No man has any excuse not to accept that there is God.

not to create dissonance amongst the rank & file, but we are inmates.

we work & pay taxes or not.

we worship whatever.

or no worship.

freedom?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
Not sure if folks think I am deflake with a different account or he is me with a different account, but I only have one account and would not bother wasting my time juggling two accounts just to intellectually accost you bozos.

Sounds a lot like .................. Flave

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

well sort of, but not for certain.

i'm eating a bit of carnista, from kroger.

with cheese, and a bit of lettuce greens.

e.coli, salmonella, and listeria, etc. are not good.

..i've heard that lyme disease is on the increase?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Learning about god is like learning about Santa. Santa knows when you've been bad or good, brings us gifts, is seemingly immortal, performs miracles, and is taught to children as real. Sounds a whole lot like god, eh? Santa is a construct, a manufactured entity in whom some people believe deeply because their parents told them to believe in him. So is god.

Your Bible is a well-written book, for sure. But it is nothing more than a collection of oral stories and myths - and not a complete one at that because large parts of it were voted out by church rulers. None of it was written down at all until about the year 600, six centuries after this Jesus guy was alleged to have been around and many more centuries after the earliest tales it contains. You know how oral stories change and get embellished when they are retold over and over? That's true of biblical stories, too. Then it was imperfectly translated into language after language, revised, edited, and issued in several versions. Every word literally true? Ha! Use the Bible to prove the truth of god and then use "it's the word of god" to prove the truth of the Bible? That's the worst kind of circular logic.

tikkanut, my friend, I'd be delighted to share a beer and our Utah scenery with you any time. However, we can't say it's there because of a god. It's there - and that's all we can say.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

There is no way that any God could just sit there and watch all of the injustice that happens on this Earth and do absolutely nothing to stop it - only Man could dream up something so absurd.

It's called free will which God gave to everybody. Can any of you prove that there is not a God?

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Note the astounding arrogance of the religious infected. We, the filthy unbelievers, can NOT lead a moral life, we can't possibly love our fellow man, we can NOT adhere to the golden rule, we can't possibly be compassionate citizens of this earthly orb. They proselytize at our very doorstep, peddling their arrogance of superior knowledge. The believers must truly be superior beings. They tell us this, shouted from the rooftops, ad nauseum.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The golden rule exist even today.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

well sort of, but not for certain.

Same ole tired drivel....

Juvenile insults..... TX / Texans suck...... Religion sucks.... blah blah blah
Next he’ll tell us the Bears are great & Mike Ditka is god.
April Fools day again or Groundhog Day ?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

I believe that Scripture provides the answers we need to live a life of faith in God through the finished work of Christ and by the power of the Holy Spirit. That’s all it’s for.

It doesn’t address aliens but I suppose someday by the grace of God I’ll find out.

As for your middle paragraph you’ve proven your innate knowledge of God therein. You called upon transcendent, objective right & wrong there. If everything “just is” there can be no such standard; just what is. One cannot logically jump from what is to what ought to be without that objective a-priori standard which undergirds all existence.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by deflave
Counter it with something other than mere belief.

Reverend Raider all knowing...

Knowing anything at all on the subject is much more than you or your minions know, quite obviously.

Yes.

You are super bright.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,597 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,930
Posts18,498,641
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.