Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I forgot all the gory details...
But when loopie fell out with precision reticle I started buying swfa.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
GB1

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Darryle
You might as well have kicked someones cat

There is nothing wrong with Leupold, yes there has been some reported issues, but consider how much of the market they have.

NF is the 6.5 Creed of the optics world. NF has their place among the others, it's just not everyone's cup of tea. I like them, have a couple but they are heavy and have no place on a trim hunting rifle.

I agree....Nightforce optics are great (and you pay for this quality) but their hefty weight disqualifies them in My book for the light/trim hunting rifles I prize, plus a 30mm tube scope mounted on a slim, trim rifle looks like a monkey [bleep] a football 😁.....Hb,

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, it looks like we've put this to bed then?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hmm.

Well, no, not until every Campfire member who's ever owned a Leupold votes....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to own nothing but Leupolds, currently I own none. Do I really need to.explain w hy? I wont own another Leupold until an announcement is made that they redesigned the erector system.....period!

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
All my 13 Leupolds have seen collective use and occasional abuse - mainly in Alaska. So far no issues. Anything mechanical can break at any given time. Evidently mine are old enough to predate whatever the current problem is. I am not a turret twister. I zero the big game stuff to 250 and know my holds to 400.
My "clicks" are written on a piece of masking tape placed on the scope tube. I'd rather test my stalking skills than my sniper skills. No offense to technology, nor to those who embrace it, but this is my guideline.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wait......wait! I get to vote! I have never had a Leupold fail to hold zero. I’ve had Vari X and VXs and FXs and they all worked for what I used them for.........a sight! I like them! Leupold is all I own, but.........I’m not a turret twister. If I was I might feel differently.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I can accept the Leupold mechanics for what they are. But the wildly inaccurate descriptions and pictures of their reticles is frustrating.... How hard is it to have accurate marketing?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Darryle

NF is the 6.5 Creed of the optics world. NF has their place among the others, it's just not everyone's cup of tea. I like them, have a couple but they are heavy and have no place on a trim hunting rifle.

Wow.

I have a NF on my Creed.

Otherwise, not knowing any better, I could be shooting a .270 wearing a Leupold.

Good thing I’m here on the Fire.

DF

Nothing wrong with either or a Montana...

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Lost confidence in Leupold holding zero and adjusting to POI. Sent them in and they came back with same issues. Have several more fixed 6 x Leupolds that so far still work. I tend to swap scopes and problem shows up trying to sight them in.

No one will believe it till it happens to them though!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Robert_White
I forgot all the gory details...
But when loopie fell out with precision reticle I started buying swfa.

Dick died...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I currently have about a dozen scoped rifles from 204 Ruger to 9.3x62. I have more Leupold than anything else, but also use Zeiss, Leica, Swarovski, Kahles, Trijicon, Schmidt-Bender and Nightforce.
The only "failure" that I ever had was the illumination on the Trijicon. The others have never failed. I guess I just like to experiment.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Hmm.

Well, no, not until every Campfire member who's ever owned a Leupold votes....

LOL- this is going to be a long, long thread..... I better stock up on popcorn....

For the record, I have Leupolds, B&L Elite and Bushnell Elite, Burris, Weaver, and an oddball or two. Just too cheap to spend the dollars on Nightforce just to see what the excitement is all about. Had about the same amount of problems with each of them and sent a few of each back for repair/replacement- mainly due to the fact I'm a klutz and I'm pretty hard on hardware at times- but not when it counts.... wink

Feel free to carry on as usual..... wink

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People that have problems with leupold imagined the problems

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Mule deer , your opinion on the current state of Leupold ?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
One of the unsung features of a Nightforce is its ability to be used as a billy club if needed. They managed to manufacture a lot of heft into those suckers!

I've had numerous Leupolds and they have worked without issue, the CDS-equipped ones working just fine on targets out to 500 yards. But....I kept hearing about Leupold's failings and how robust and dependable Nightforce is.

So I bought one, an SHV. Love it.

Then an NXS 2.5-10X42.

When it arrived, I unboxed it (sorry, no 5-minute youtube video), and was looking through it when I noticed a black speck that I eventually determined to be on the inside of the objective lense.

I had also recently received a copy of JB's excellent Gun Gack II. Holding the NXS by the ocular, I whacked Mr. Barsness's book somewhat forcefully with my brand-spanking-new Nightforce.

The speck is gone and the Nightforce has went on to participate in some deer and coyote killings.

I would have had to think about whacking my VX-5HD like that.....

Funny story (incident)!.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
People that have problems with Vortex leupold imagined the problems

Fixt it for ya...

wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
bump

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Clynn
Mule deer , your opinion on the current state of Leupold ?

I bet he'll say "Oregon."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I have 25+ Leupolds...3-4 not as yet mounted, including 2 NIB LPS. I bought 4 NIB LPS years ago. Have also bought the old Gilmore Red Dots.

Most of the Leupolds came on rifles or scoped pistols that I acquired.

I would most likely NOT buy a new Leupold .....for the money I can find a good used Diavari or , my first choice, used Kahles.

I have sent a couple Leupolds back for repair. 1 they sent me a very nice letter ....that said the scope met their specs.

Leupold has become a mass merchandiser ....and in the process have lost a bit quality.

Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (35, 406_SBC, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 41rem, 16penny, 9 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,109
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.