Hop To
Page 376 of 1,068 1 2 374 375 376 377 378 1067 1068
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Hey GW don't those Texas hoglets have teeth?
[Linked Image]

nothing like those!

[Linked Image]

But I can do it 15 to 20 times a year,

prolly for less than one African Safari

and it is 100% DIY!

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/19/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I envy you!

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Boy is working close to the house so we took a drive last night, found this little bull growing some bone.
[Linked Image]
T

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Old dog loves rides
[Linked Image]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Little Yarder the boys hookin on
[Linked Image]forensic anthropology pay scale

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Processor head
[Linked Image]

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
875 on left, 835 on right,
(5 year old pic, the tires are way more gone now but a new set would cost as much as the tractor...)

[Linked Image]

Sam;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope this finds you and your family well and keeping dry enough.

Thanks for the Versatile photos once again, as you know they bring back a lot of mostly fond memories for me as I spent a whole lot of time in a 935 back in the day. I believe my longest stretch was 27 hours more or less straight in it - getting out to fuel and perform necessary bodily functions of course.... wink

We put a pyrometer on the turbo on ours as it would really overheat with the wrong conditions. Hot, dry days were bad with it as I recall. They - that is the 935 - were known for a bit of an odd radiator system too and the engines were known to overheat too, but I can't recall ours doing that.

However, I can say that I watched the gauges religiously on that beast, much, MUCH more so than the Cases we ran too - these were in the olden times before CaseIH was a thing so they had the Scania diesels in them.

Thanks again sir for the trip down memory lane and all the best to you folks this summer - may there be enough rain for the crops and cows, along with enough sun to balance it out.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I got him dragged and gutted and it took 8 guys to get him lifted 15" on to my hitch hauler.

8 Guys? To lift a bear really? Nice story. I think you mean 8 Bitches.

No, sir......………….. I meant exactly what I typed. 8 guys.

8 guys standing in a swamp......……..lifting nearly 600 lbs of dead bear. Yep. 8. In the process of re-habing from major back surgery at the time, all I got to do was watch and was DARN glad I had their help.

Too bad you weren't there to show my bitches how a MAN does with 600 lbs of dead chit in a swamp.

To no one in particular:
Good morning to you all, I trust that wherever in the world this finds you that it's as bright and sunny as it is here.

After I'm done pecking away at the keyboard I do believe we'll fire up the midlife crisis - 40th Anniversary Mustang rag top - and slide into town to see the Moms in the care facility they're in - it's that nice of a day here!

Anyway I've posted enough black bear photos over the years to show that ours aren't huge here in the Okanagan. If we get an honest 6' black bear here it's considered pretty good and the heaviest I've personally weighed went 225lb carcass into the cooler. I'm not sure how to convert that into live weight on a bear though, sorry.

The black bears on Vancouver Island can be a full foot longer than here and of course would be correspondingly heavier.

That said, back east they get some seriously chunky black bears. This is a quote of an article about a road kill in Manitoba - just a bit northeast of where I grew up farming.

"Manitoba has some of the biggest black bears in the world. In 2001 a monster black bear was killed by a car in August. It weighed 856 pounds after loosing body fluid due to the collision with a car. Bears in Manitoba will slow down their eating in October to prepare for hibernation. Had that bear not been killed, he would have continued to eat for another 30-60 days.
Biologists speculated that by hibernation time , the huge 15 year old trophy class black bear could have weighed between 900 and 1,000 pounds."

As I recall it took a fair crew to get that one onto the ATV trailer which the Ministry of Wildlife folks showed up with to pick it up too.

All the best to you all this weekend and Happy Victoria Day to those of us reading from north of the medicine line.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I got him dragged and gutted and it took 8 guys to get him lifted 15" on to my hitch hauler.

8 guys standing in a swamp......……..lifting nearly 600 lbs of dead bear. Yep. 8. In the process of re-habing from major back surgery at the time, all I got to do was watch and was DARN glad I had their help.

Too bad you weren't there to show my bitches how a MAN does with 600 lbs of dead chit in a swamp.

Ok now you are changing your story! First you said and I quote "I got him dragged and gutted" "and it took 8 guys to get him lifted 15" on my hitch hauler." Either way we know you are full of sh_t. But yeah I can show your 8 bitches how to lift a dead bear. As I am sure many others on here could as well. It ain't magic or super human strength. It's call a little commonsense. But please continue with your embellishments. I ain't the only one laughing.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ok now you are changing your story! First you said and I quote "I got him dragged and gutted" "and it took 8 guys to get him lifted 15" on my hitch hauler." Either way we know you are full of sh_t. But yeah I can show your 8 bitches how to lift a dead bear. As I am sure many others on here could as well. It ain't magic or super human strength. It's call a little commonsense. But please continue with your embellishments. I ain't the only one laughing.

How bout you just go get with Big Stick and go down on one other for a while. I think you two would get along just swimmingly. You seem to be carved from the same block wnining, condescending troll chit.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Judman
Processor head
[Linked Image]

Judman
Maybe a dumb question but I have looked and looked at that processor head and cant figure out what it does. What does it do? Doesn't look like anything they log with in north east Texas.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

How bout you just go get with Big Stick and go down on one other for a while. I think you two would get along just swimmingly. You seem to be carved from the same block wnining, condescending troll chit.

Great story please keep talking. so which is it????? Were you in a swamp or at your Car?????? I'll give you time to get your story straight. smile smile smile

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

What does Big Stick have to do with this? Did I miss his post on here? Or are you needing a diversion to pretend you aren't full of Sh_T? Here I'll do the math for you, 600 divided by 8 Bitches equals 75.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Texczech
Processor head
[Linked Image]

Judman
Maybe a dumb question but I have looked and looked at that processor head and cant figure out what it does. What does it do? Doesn't look like anything they log with in north east Texas.

Shiitty pic, it'll feed a tree length tree limbing it, then buck to whatever length they want. The lower right you can see the yellow saw bar. I get back up there I'll take a better pic for ya.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Texczech
Processor head
[Linked Image]

Judman

Shiitty pic, it'll feed a tree length tree limbing it, then buck to whatever length they want. The lower right you can see the yellow saw bar. I get back up there I'll take a better pic for ya.

Now that you say what it does I have seen one. But only once here. That is what they use to clear cut our deer lease last year with.Pretty impressive piece of equipment. Thanks for the reminder. Wish they hadn't cut our deer lease but everybody has to make a living
In 2 to 3 years it will be good hunting again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ya up here it's a continual state of change, with clearcuts, and reprod... One of my bread and butter spots is now grew up, I killed a 4 point every year for several years, now you couldn't drive a D-8 through it. Another 20 years they'll mow it down again....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
They were supposed to replant ours December or January but haven't yet. Hopefully before we put our traps out again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The tough part of wetter WA, need to find new spots all the time. Still planning on being there for muzzy elk, work permitting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What does Big Stick have to do with this? Did I miss his post on here? Or are you needing a diversion to pretend you aren't full of Sh_T? Here I'll do the math for you, 600 divided by 8 Bitches equals 75.

Apparently you missed ALL of them.

I am, however, quite impressed with the mathematical prowess an, apparent 3rd grade mentality has afforded you. Bravo !!!

Have any more nits to pick ??

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
The tough part of wetter WA, need to find new spots all the time. Still planning on being there for muzzy elk, work permitting.

Tony bought my tags and permits the other day, I went Westside musket....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 376 of 1,068 1 2 374 375 376 377 378 1067 1068

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.