Originally Posted by SamOlson
875 on left, 835 on right,
(5 year old pic, the tires are way more gone now but a new set would cost as much as the tractor...)

[Linked Image]

Sam;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope this finds you and your family well and keeping dry enough.

Thanks for the Versatile photos once again, as you know they bring back a lot of mostly fond memories for me as I spent a whole lot of time in a 935 back in the day. I believe my longest stretch was 27 hours more or less straight in it - getting out to fuel and perform necessary bodily functions of course.... wink

We put a pyrometer on the turbo on ours as it would really overheat with the wrong conditions. Hot, dry days were bad with it as I recall. They - that is the 935 - were known for a bit of an odd radiator system too and the engines were known to overheat too, but I can't recall ours doing that.

However, I can say that I watched the gauges religiously on that beast, much, MUCH more so than the Cases we ran too - these were in the olden times before CaseIH was a thing so they had the Scania diesels in them.

Thanks again sir for the trip down memory lane and all the best to you folks this summer - may there be enough rain for the crops and cows, along with enough sun to balance it out.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"