Originally Posted by Texczech
GDub
That is a big ol boy by you in that last pic. Remind me of that old Roy D Mercer crank call. "Just how big an ol boy are ya anyhow". Pretty funny if you haven't heard it.
It's on YouTube.

My hunting buddy for a number of years. Funny you should mention RDM. We'd listen to him from time to time on the way to the lease.

Now that I am an old fart, I use jack up feeders. However, back in the day it was 8' ladder,and then it was still lifting 50' corn sacks over head to fill feeders. Jamie was 6'7" and could lift a bag at least 8' high. I a used little giant ladder tied off to a feeder leg. We had a system. He'd pull the string to open up the bag, lift it 8'. I'd curl my left leg around a rung and the side of the ladder and as he was coming up, I'd grab the bag and in one motion I'd twist and raise it to the point where I could dump the bag in the feeder. Corn was $5 per hundred pounds bulk and we'd load three 55 gallon barrels full in this ol' Ford Courier bed trailer

[Linked Image]

we spent quite a number of nights filling the 10 feeders I had going at the time.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 06/02/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.