Originally Posted by 257heaven
G-Dub....How did the new-to-you Sako do?? Beautiful rifle.

I've got a thing for Sakos. Especially the older models. I got a call from my LGS saying I might want to come and take a look, as they had taken two Sakos in trade. This was one of the two and it took me about two seconds to decide on this rather than an 85 in 6.5 Creedmoor. I've owned over two dozen Sakos, but this is the first AV Deluxe in 280 Remington I've seen, much less laid my grubby mitts on.

Did not have a suitable gloss scope to mount on the rifle, but did have a Zeiss Conquest HD 5-15.

[Linked Image from i38.photobucket.com]

I have typically shot the 140 gr. Accubonds out of most of my 7mm bore rifles. The Luxus does not care for anything I've tried in the 140 gr. weight, so a while back I decided to try some 162 gr. Hornady ELD-X bullets.

I tried those in the Sako yesterday. I only had about 30 minutes to get it on paper and zero'd before the range closed.

3 shots to get on paper!

I was aiming at a taget about 4" lower but the windage was good. I went ahead and fired a 3 shot group @ 100 yds.

I let the barrel cool a bit and made elevation adjustments.This was the last round I fired.

I'll load up a few more combos and do a bit more tinkering, shoot a few at 200 yds.

I've a feeling that it will be fine for hunting accuracy at the distances I shoot.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 11/20/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.