Originally Posted by 257heaven
[quote=DigitalDan]Queer looking critter that........

I hate those things. I call them devil spawn. We had a hunting lease and the owner wanted to keep his devil sheep. We fought those things for a long time before we gave up the lease. They would tear the bottom off of the feeders no matter how much fence you put around it. Broke into the screen porch one time and we had beer and fridge food all over the place. Can't express how much I hate them. I'll shoot the next one I see....no doubt.

As you recall, years ago the Texas hill Country and the area around Rock Springs was the Mohair Capitol and the mohair subsidy was still in force. The land there in much of the area is only fit for sheep and goats. One cow per 25 acres was the rule in parts IIRC. So, in the Sixties and 70's and even up to around 2,000 most ranches in the hill country had sheep. Like you said, they are destructive critters. Even today, when we get flash floods and the low water gaps get knocked down and game escapes from the high fenced game ranches one is likely to see any manner of critter up to and including elk. I recently had a magnificent sika buck show up at several of my game cameras and one of my buds took a nice Sika doe. She weighed +/- 300 lbs. My bud said he got as much meat off her as 3 white-tail bucks.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/31/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.