Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by geedubya

it would have cost $1,500

GWB

You could have started and stopped right there...and I would have understood completely!

He wouldn't have been "game"...he would have been a depredated. Maybe even a mercy kill as ugly as they are.

I only use a guide when required by law (like what I am doing right now)...nothing wrong with using them but I also get the DIY satisfaction, plus I am a total tight ass😀.

T,

I'm now 67and have gotten old in the past year.

I got married in '78.

I spent the next 10 years building a business and going broke during oil crunch.

I refused to take a job, as I did not have a trade and no college degree.

It took until Y2K to get back on top.

I quit in 2000, and my main focus has been to go for 4 to 5 days, at least once a month, to one of my trespass leases in the hill country.

I've killed literally thousands of critters, I'm getting to the point where killing is not as important as it used to be. For example, I always hunt on my birthday.. Got there late on Tuesday. One of my buds was there and he had a camprife and a bottle of Jack Daniels and by time I got out of the car, he had me a "Misty" made. Well I got "Misty-fied, and slept in Wednesday morning. I did hunt that evening. Well we cooked steaks and had a couple adult beverages Wedneday nite. Got to bed early. Thursday morning the wind was blowing 30 mph plus with the front that blew in. I stuck my head out, then went back bed. Hunted Thursday eve. The wind finally laid at dark I got skunked. Got to bed early Thursday nite. Well Friday Dec. 21st was my birthday. So I slept in. Even three years ago that would not have happened.

If I was a young man these days, and had the means I would probably go to Argentina, New Zealand, Africa, Alberta, BC, and do paid hunts.

I like the saying

A man is not old until regrets takes the place of dreams.

Lord knows I could do some fine hunts, as I spend $10K plus a year perforating hoglets. These days, my dreams are much smaller.

ya!

GWB

You're da man...

I like your style!