Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I wish the optics forum could be this civil. Great post everyone seems to give the same advice: try them all and see which fits you the best!

DSC Life Member
SCI Member
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ford or Chevy?

joe

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hglass-

Both are fantastic bows. Anyone that tells you one is superior to the other is FOS. Ford. Chevy. Ford. Chevy.

All things being equal - and they pretty much are in this situation, you need go with which one feels better in your hands, which seems to have the smoother draw cycle and better "shootability".

Don't buy it based on FPS, buy it based on your gut. And don't buy because of handful of pro-staffers that get paid, or at the very least get free gear out it, tell you that it's the best.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I also recently tried both the Guardian and the Drenalin, Both were no doubt quality bows but in my opinion it wasnt even close the Bowtech blew the Mathews Drenalin away I thought the draw cycle on the Drenalin sucked and I never have been a big fan of that huge Mathews grip. I shoot a Mathews Switchback LD now and to me it has the best draw cycle going but its still got that huge Mathews grip. The Bowtech Guardain has a good (Not great)drawcycle but I love the grip, so overall I think the Guardian is the best hunting bow Ive handled this year and Im thinking about laying out $800.00 to try one out in the deer woods this fall.............Good luck............547.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by statelinerut
I am in the 3" circle with one pin all the way put to 35 yards.

At 290, I doubt you are in a 3" circle out to 35 yards with one pin.

6" maybe...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only answer I have to this is every shooter fits every bow different. As long as you pick a reputable maker just go with the bow that fits you best. The last time I bought a bow Mathews had just come out with the SQ2 , just because it was touted as THE BEST at the time isn't enough reason for me to walk out with it. I ended up with the MQ32 Mathews discontinued model at the time. It just plain fit ME better. Forget about speed, forget about image, forget about what the bow mags say is the best, forget about what your buddy says is the best. Go with what fits you and what you shoot well cause the game animal doesn't care if you have the latest and greatest.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by encorerb
The only answer I have to this is every shooter fits every bow different. As long as you pick a reputable maker just go with the bow that fits you best. The last time I bought a bow Mathews had just come out with the SQ2 , just because it was touted as THE BEST at the time isn't enough reason for me to walk out with it. I ended up with the MQ32 Mathews discontinued model at the time. It just plain fit ME better. Forget about speed, forget about image, forget about what the bow mags say is the best, forget about what your buddy says is the best. Go with what fits you and what you shoot well cause the game animal doesn't care if you have the latest and greatest.

Them's words to live by - spot on, dood.

sk

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bought a Diamond Rapture today so I would have to say Bowtech.

Both are great bows......

But its: "Beauty in the eye of the Bowholder"

"THWACK!!!" The sound that's music to every bowhunters ears.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a Switchback, and sold it for an Allegiance. My friends sold or gave away their Darton's for the same. I will say this about Matthews. My bowstrings lasted about three months. A lot of archers say after market strings like Winner's Choice or Crackers are a must. I needed to shorten my draw to use a string loop, and it cost me $125 for a new cam. The Bowtech comes with a better string, and you can change drawlength with modules which were free from my dealer. Also, with the same draw length, weight, and arrows, my Allegiance is 30 feet per second faster than my Switchback was.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
One of the things not mentioned yet is bow weight. I still hunt(hanging off of tree scares me too much)and there is big difference in weights of bow (especially after you put a quiver and extra arrows on them). The bow I went with a Mathews FX (this was about 6 years ago). At that time it was about the least expensive Mathews bow, but also one of the lightest and fastest. The archery dealer, Black Hills Archery, let me try some of the bows and, for me, nothing felt as "right" as the FX. I've tried some of the newer ones last summer, such as the Switchback, but nothing fits me like the FX.

So, depending on how you hunt, you might want to consider bow weight.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
hoyt is the best....

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
A really good buddy of mine just went through this exact same situation.

27" draw and he wanted my opinion on today's latest and greatest. I told him that I'm still stuck on my XI's , so I will not be much help with todays latest stuff.

But, my advice was get the one that feels the best to you. Your initial impression when you grab that bow by the grip, and shoot them all.

Shoot them all he did. He just left my house with his new Bowtech Tribute and he ran down the list of what he liked and didnt like about every bow he has shot in this pursuit.

Just take your time and dont get all wrapped up in the hoopla.

End result is that YOU are going to be the one shooting bow.

Good luck.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hoyt....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Both good bows, but Mathews is better than the Bowtech and the clear winner in my opinion. Mathews leads the way with Bowtech trying to catch up.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I went to my shop thw other day to get a new bow. I was sure I was going to get the Guardian or Tribute, but I shot the Drenalin and switchback also. The owner went to the back and brought out an Elite Archery Synergy. After a couple hours of shooting the different bows, I left with a new Elite. Buy what feels best for you, not just a name.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 60 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,458
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.