-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Um, I think it's sort of unfortunate we have a 20 page plus thread, and NOBODY PROVIDED A LINK to the actual ruling. Here:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/18pdf/17-532_q86b.pdf

It's a real wade. Herrera went across the line of the Crow rez into the Bighorn NF. So, he not only left the rez but crossed a state line into Wyoming where you'd think he's supposed to have a Wyoming nonresident elk tag, right? There are two cases in play here, the one that blows stuff up is Mille Lacs 1999, which overrode (for whatever reason) another case brought by the Crows in which the Crows lost. But that was a 10th case and therefore Mille Lacs wasn't govered by the first Crow case.

Or something like that. The libs and Gorsuch rule their way, and the conservative dissent is in total screamo, "not worth the ink."

The majority kicked back most of the case to the lower court, the forest is not "occupied" like the treaty required, but SOME of it can be if deemed so. Also, Wyoming has the option as a state of creating specific regulations regarding the Crows if in the interest of "conservation." There are other treaties with identical wording, so it's hard to say what the bottom line is, if there can be unlimited legal tribal poaching on public lands (unoccupied) year round. The final point is, Congress can unilaterally abrogate parts of a treaty, but not with Pelousy in charge, right?

So, the only winners here are going to be the lawyers.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
GB1

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Um, I think it's sort of unfortunate we have a 20 page plus thread, and NOBODY PROVIDED A LINK to the actual ruling. Here:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/18pdf/17-532_q86b.pdf

It's a real wade. Herrera went across the line of the Crow rez into the Bighorn NF. So, he not only left the rez but crossed a state line into Wyoming where you'd think he's supposed to have a Wyoming nonresident elk tag, right? There are two cases in play here, the one that blows stuff up is Mille Lacs 1999, which overrode (for whatever reason) another case brought by the Crows in which the Crows lost. But that was a 10th case and therefore Mille Lacs wasn't govered by the first Crow case.

Or something like that. The libs and Gorsuch rule their way, and the conservative dissent is in total screamo, "not worth the ink."

The majority kicked back most of the case to the lower court, the forest is not "occupied" like the treaty required, but SOME of it can be if deemed so. Also, Wyoming has the option as a state of creating specific regulations regarding the Crows if in the interest of "conservation." There are other treaties with identical wording, so it's hard to say what the bottom line is, if there can be unlimited legal tribal poaching on public lands (unoccupied) year round. The final point is, Congress can unilaterally abrogate parts of a treaty, but not with Pelousy in charge, right?

So, the only winners here are going to be the lawyers.

Like I said 8 pages ago, Karl needs to read it

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Just Fer Fun!

User name selection quick karl Urban Dictionary

GOA
Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Just Fer Fun!

Hey, jagoff - its a Cowboy Action Shooting handle I chose many years ago, not my real name, dick breath.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just Fer Fun!

I figured it was a nickname given to him by an old boyfriend.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Aside of this case, Michigan indians believed they had a right to hunt & fish on lands that were their traditional territory. We don't have a "reservation" which they live on akin to what happens out west. The indian traditional territory includes all privately own land within their boundries. A few years back an agreement was reached between the state and the indians, a treaty was written to clarify indian rights. I've got a feeling this new ruling will cause the indians to attempt to renegotiate the old treaty, hell they will probably claim it's illegal...

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
Just Fer Fun!

Hey, jagoff - its a Cowboy Action Shooting handle I chose many years ago, not my real name, dick breath.

Yes, but the definition seems quite fitting.

Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by DW7
Just Fer Fun!

I was extremely fast with my Colt 45

Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lmao

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Injun poachers.
I'm so sick and tired of the red man being hoisted up on a pedestal with this holier than thou "respect of nature" bullschidt.

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DW7
Just Fer Fun!

I was extremely fast with my Colt 45

Yeah, that's why the gals called you qwik carl.........Thats it!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just Fer Fun!

You named yourself in honor of someone dropping a deuce on your face?
Congratulations?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by 280shooter
You named yourself in honor of someone dropping a deuce on your face?
Congratulations?

Do a Google search for Marathon candy bar and Quick Karl, pfffucking retard.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Deuce head. Cool.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Karl the minute man

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When seconds count, Karl has already finished. Jeezuz. I wouldn't brag about premature ejaculation, but maybe he sees it as a badge of honor? High efficiency perhaps?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reservations like Alaskan villages are dead zones when it comes to big game animals. Get a 10-15 mile radius of Any Alaskan village you will not find a moose, or caribou. They will shoot anything and most times use it to feed their dogs. The point hope massacre is a classic example 140 plus caribou shot very little meat salvaged. Whale shot on the kuskowin River by natives that traditionally didn't hunt whales. They all get passes, I grew up on a rez in central Oregon, those Indians done shot everything hunting is piss poor on the rez so they use there ceded treaty rights and the state of Oregon gives them their own season well after General season. But most of their ceded lands are owned by landowners so they have to go knocking on doors. But natives up here are no different than their cousins down south they blame the white man for the decline of animals for them to hunt. An Indian or Alaskan Native will literally shoot the last surviving animal on the planet for the sake of shooting it. Hey Ike look it's the last elk in the world, yep Vernon it is, so what should we do? Boom Vernon big smile on his face done shot the last elk known to man.. This whole Indians in touch with with Mother Nature is complete bullchit..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 79S
Reservations like Alaskan villages are dead zones when it comes to big game animals. Get a 10-15 mile radius of Any Alaskan village you will not find a moose, or caribou. They will shoot anything and most times use it to feed their dogs. The point hope massacre is a classic example 140 plus caribou shot very little meat salvaged. Whale shot on the kuskowin River by natives that traditionally didn't hunt whales. They all get passes, I grew up on a rez in central Oregon, those Indians done shot everything hunting is piss poor on the rez so they use there ceded treaty rights and the state of Oregon gives them their own season well after General season. But most of their ceded lands are owned by landowners so they have to go knocking on doors. But natives up here are no different than their cousins down south they blame the white man for the decline of animals for them to hunt. An Indian or Alaskan Native will literally shoot the last surviving animal on the planet for the sake of shooting it. Hey Ike look it's the last elk in the world, yep Vernon it is, so what should we do? Boom Vernon big smile on his face done shot the last elk known to man.. This whole Indians in touch with with Mother Nature is complete bullchit..

A-[bleep]ûckn-men. When trump finishes the wall on the southern border he should build wall around the reservations next.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The JICARILLA Apache Reservation in NM has some pretty good hunting.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The handful of reservations with good hunting are that way for a reason. White mtn Apache reservation avg elk hunt goes for what $20,000 -$25,0000. So they are going to protect that resource. They aren't going to let Thurman and Roy the two rez clowns go shooting whatever.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

468 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 2ndwind, 12344mag, 1234, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 1,685 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,038
Posts18,521,093
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.