Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
A great decision in support of race-based poaching rights. In Northern BC, game populations are mostly determined by the range of a tankful of gas in a snowmobile. If within that distance from an indian reserve, there is little big game. Of course, the whites would be no better if they didn't have to abide by some rules. GD

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 79S
The handful of reservations with good hunting are that way for a reason. White mtn Apache reservation avg elk hunt goes for what $20,000 -$25,0000. So they are going to protect that resource. They aren't going to let Thurman and Roy the two rez clowns go shooting whatever.

You know Thurman and Roy??

Damn, small world.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella

I'm so sick and tired of the red man being hoisted up on a pedestal with this holier than thou "respect of nature" bullschidt.

I'm part Indian and proud of it, I also am enough white man to hold a job...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

Plain enough.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by greydog
A great decision in support of race-based poaching rights. In Northern BC, game populations are mostly determined by the range of a tankful of gas in a snowmobile. If within that distance from an indian reserve, there is little big game. Of course, the whites would be no better if they didn't have to abide by some rules. GD

Kinda like it was before the rules were imposed? Say it isn't so.

If folks (whatever color) could go out back and shoot whatever game animals there were in the area, why go buy beef and pork at the local grocery. Hell, I'd just plant more tulips in the yard and wait with the yard lights on. Deer, even in early spring!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
The handful of reservations with good hunting are that way for a reason. White mtn Apache reservation avg elk hunt goes for what $20,000 -$25,0000. So they are going to protect that resource. They aren't going to let Thurman and Roy the two rez clowns go shooting whatever.

Maybe some of the other Reservations might take a hint?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Salmonella

I'm so sick and tired of the red man being hoisted up on a pedestal with this holier than thou "respect of nature" bullschidt.

I'm part Indian and proud of it, I also am enough white man to hold a job...

Hey Cuz? can I borrow some money until next pay day? On a side note everyone knows FBI stands for fry bread inspector..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by 79S

Geno

LOL uh ok go to the warm springs Indian reservation and let me know how that works out. They blame the white man for everything I mean everything... There was a tribal member there when I was growing up who drive around and just shoot deer he did not give two ph ucks either. The tribal fish and game knew who it was but could never catch him in the act. The bad part he would just leave them not even attempt to salvage meat. I grew up their, but was lucky enough to have enough white in me to see the light and get the ph uck out there 21 yrs ago and join the Army. I'm enrolled member of the Tohono O'odham nation in southern Arizona. We have too many people that think these Indian are peace loving in touch with mother nature. Ph uck I remember as a kid watching the neighbors change the oil on their cars and dumping the oil in the back yard lol.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by 79S

You know Thurman and Roy??

Damn, small world.

you laugh but I knew two fellas on the rez with those names. One of them is dead think he committed suicide the other is still around working for the tribe.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I met many a white rancher that was every bit as bad.

Perhaps worse.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Perhaps worse.

you speak with fork tongue white eyes..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But it drives the women wild.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Perhaps worse.

'flave,

Please, say it isn't so and you're just trolling for comments?

Geno

PS Hurricane season started down there yet? And how's the fishin' ?

In it is contentment

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Very true.

I don't know when that starts.

Fishing is good. House has sold. Need to buy a boat.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Geno

LOL uh ok go to the warm springs Indian reservation and let me know how that works out. They blame the white man for everything I mean everything... There was a tribal member there when I was growing up who drive around and just shoot deer he did not give two ph ucks either. The tribal fish and game knew who it was but could never catch him in the act. The bad part he would just leave them not even attempt to salvage meat. I grew up their, but was lucky enough to have enough white in me to see the light and get the ph uck out there 21 yrs ago and join the Army. I'm enrolled member of the Tohono O'odham nation in southern Arizona. We have too many people that think these Indian are peace loving in touch with mother nature. Ph uck I remember as a kid watching the neighbors change the oil on their cars and dumping the oil in the back yard lol.

Got my first car in the early 70's. The oil change in a local dirt lot was not uncommon. Neither was emptying the drain pan down the gutter if one changed oil in the driveway. It wasn't an Indian thing back then. shocked

If you knew who the "poacher" was, and tribal F7G knew too, then it was a matter of priorities on some part for not taking him to task for it.

Funny, I considered applying for a position on the Warm Springs years ago with the feds. From anecdotal stories, I may be glad I didn't . And it's not the only Rez I know of with "political" issues. Then again, those political issues are not an Indian thing either. wink

Geno

In it is contentment

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Geno

Got my first car in the early 70's. The oil change in a local dirt lot was not uncommon. Neither was emptying the drain pan down the gutter if one changed oil in the driveway. It wasn't an Indian thing back then. shocked

If you knew who the "poacher" was, and tribal F7G knew too, then it was a matter of priorities on some part for not taking him to task for it.

Funny, I considered applying for a position on the Warm Springs years ago with the feds. From anecdotal stories, I may be glad I didn't . And it's not the only Rez I know of with "political" issues. Then again, those political issues are not an Indian thing either. wink

Geno

Oh white eyes its not that easy.. Last names on the rez carry a lot of weight. Kind of like 3rd world ch ithole countries. If you are born into the right family you are gtg get away with damn near murder, if you are not born into the right family you are treated like well chit. If you are an outsider like we were then you have no say in anything you are just there and treated like chit. The fella doing the poaching had the right last name. Again its all about who your family is, I got it places all across America like that but on the rez its multiplied x10.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

Oh white eyes its not that easy.. Last names on the rez carry a lot of weight. Kind of like 3rd world ch ithole countries. If you are born into the right family you are gtg get away with damn near murder, if you are not born into the right family you are treated like well chit. If you are an outsider like we were then you have no say in anything you are just there and treated like chit. The fella doing the poaching had the right last name. Again its all about who your family is, I got it places all across America like that but on the rez its multiplied x10.

No different than white, rural, America.

Or the bigger cities for that matter.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S

No different than white, rural, America.

Or the bigger cities for that matter.

Been told that quite frequently about this "town" I live near. Some old families, as in from the first "white" settlers, and now some are wealthy ranchers/hay farmers. One member of one of the families apparently has had multiple DUIs and is still out and driving about, seems his charges tend to get reduced or some such.

To the victors go the spoils I guess, and if you're the right family you must be a "Victor".

Geno

PS, our family name is from a southern Italian island. Only thing I worry about with our name is that someone from the old Country might still be a practitioner of the vendetta. eek

In it is contentment

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's not just that. It's if john went to high school with mike and yada, yada, yada.

Corruption is everywhere. It's not just the rez.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
Fact is, the Crow hunter did NOT violate a Treaty, and the SCOTUS agrees with him.

My take is that as a Crow, within the bounds of the treaty, he can kill any animal he wants, for whatever reason he wants.

The rest is just racist hogwash.

To hell with science based wildlife management right...

The Indian wars didn't last nearly long enough

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (3040Krag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,037
Posts18,521,005
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.