Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Form, you have a reason the lenses were coming out? They using chewing gun for an adhesive?

Seriously asking 😎

[Linked Image]

Whatever they’re doing (screws or bonding agaent) to hold it together ain’t working.

Last edited by Formidilosus; 05/24/19.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Form, you have a reason the lenses were coming out? They using chewing gun for an adhesive?

Seriously asking 😎

http://i.imgur.com/caFzA7N.jpg

Whatever they’re doing (screws or bonding agaent) to hold it together ain’t working.

Copy...I’m pulling it. NF going up top. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Wasn’t my intent. If you have it, might as well see how it does. I just wouldn’t use it for anything where I would be upset if/when it fails.

Last edited by Formidilosus; 05/24/19.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
How bout sig lrf formid? Ever run em?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Judman
How bout sig lrf formid? Ever run em?

They go down eventually. Seems to be about 70/30 getting one that works out of the box, but most I’ve used have had problems eventually.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Copy that, what do you run?

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
All of them. Sig 2400AB, Leica, Zeiss, Meopta, Swaro, Nikon, etc.

I greatly prefer bino LRF’s, and while not the top in glass (though pretty darn good) the Nikon Laserforce has been the most solid so far.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So have you fingered the Sig 3000 BDX???

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
So have you fingered the Sig 3000 BDX???

I have, but not enough to comment.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by russm86
I've always been a fan of Leupold, their warranty is definitely outstanding. As others have mentioned though, the warranty seems to be used a LOT more these days. I just purchased a new VX-3i 4.5-14x40 CDS, it was pooched out of the box, zero drifts and won't group better than 2 or 3 MOA on a rifle that's proven to shoot 1/2-3/4 MOA with the original Vortex scope and did so again once I remounted that same vortex after taking off the Leupold. Last year I had a pair of binos the eye cup seized up on so wouldn't adjust anymore, sent me a new pair. A slightly older Leupold VX2 scope I had previously bit the dust when mounted on a 7mm RM rem 700, crosshairs started spinning around inside after a few boxes of ammo. A local gunsmith claims that in his career he's had a total of 20 scopes come in that were dead in one way or another, 18 were Leupold, 1 Vortex, 1 Burris.

Bushnell on the other hand, don't get me started. EVERY SINGLE Bushnell product I've ever owned has failed. From scopes, spotting scopes, binos, even trail cams... ALL DIED! Their warranty up here is atrocious too, like 6 months minimum on average... No thanks... Will NEVER touch another Bushnell product.

May have to start looking at other brands more.

You must not have used any high-end Bushnell products. Their warranty service theses days is absolutely stellar, too.

My rifle scopes were all their top of the line models at that times. Trail cam was supposed to be their top of the line model, it sure wasn't cheap. I admit the spotting scopes probably weren't part of their quality lines. The trail cam didn't last 6 months. Sent it in for warranty last September, just got it back in March or April. It's been a few years since I've bought any of their optics so maybe their warranty for those has gotten better but didn't matter what I sent in before, it was minimum 6 months and they don't tell you anything. They send a post card with the warranty claim # sometime after they receive the item and then you don't hear from them until it just shows up at your door half a year+ later.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wasn’t my intent. If you have it, might as well see how it does. I just wouldn’t use it for anything where I would be upset if/when it fails.

I’m not paranoid at all...Grin

I was saving the NF for a different rig. But it’s all good.

Of course I would be upset if the Sig failed on my hunt. Especially now, after your report of colossal failures - glass falling out, and bad tracking. Schit Form, can it get any worse?

You’ve posted some informative failures before, I just don’t remember any being as bad as this report.

The rifle was intended for longer hikes into elk country...It was a light package before you woke up this morning. Now, with this NF it’s probably 9.5lbs. Still light by my normal elk rig.

[Linked Image]

Here’s the other side...

[Linked Image]

Done....Time to break in the barrel. 😎

Last edited by Beaver10; 05/24/19.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Formidilosus,

Do they every use/test the SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Form's got the Scope Mounting to Maintain Zero sticky..... Need one with a running list of failures and successes.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Formidilosus,

Do they every use/test the SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope?

Excellent scopes.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Just straight shooting. No abuse at all.

No one wanted them to be good more than I, but like the others- they suck.

On the bright side, went past 70,000 rounds on a Nightforce during the same period. A couple others broke 30k.

There's a lot of us that would like Leupold to be good/great scopes. They are light, asethetically pleasing and the glass isn't half bad in some of their offerings. However, when they don't even track right out of the box, then go totally tits up after a few to a few hundred rounds downrange, I've pretty much thrown the towel in on them.... Just because they are made 90 miles from my house doesn't mean I'm going to support them. If they started building rugged scopes that track like the SWFA SS's at that price point, I'd be on board with them. Until that happens, I'll buy better scopes...and by "better", I don't mean more expensive...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Seriously asking 😎

[Linked Image]

I’ve seen enough leupolds new out of the box that will not adjust properly to last me forever, I do not want to ever see another one.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
The funny thing is, every picture I've seen in every article I've ever read about African professional hunters shows Leupold scopes on their rifles . Never seen a one with a NightForce, SWFA or any other tactical scope on board. Same for articles showing pics of rifles used by Alaskan bear guides.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The funny thing is, every picture I've seen in every article I've ever read about African professional hunters shows Leupold scopes on their rifles . Never seen a one with a NightForce, SWFA or any other tactical scope on board. Same for articles showing pics of rifles used by Alaskan bear guides.

yes i do like Leupold scopes but i also like Nightforce scopes >> look under General Big Game forum / Awesome Alaska grizzly hunt

10 ft Alaskan bear shot with a big Nightforce scope ! its on the 1st page of this forum

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I hunt with leupold all over, I love em.... never had a failure. Sounds like a lotta folks do. Guess I’m just lucky

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Yep, I've never hunted with an African PH either but I did have a subscription to "Outdoor Life" back in the day. I learned a lot from looking at the pictures of PH's. Most of 'em were wearing shorts and carrying their rifles on their shoulders, holding 'em by the barrel, and following a skinny black guy around.

I tired that but it just didn't work for me. The only Alaskan guide I hunted with in bear country carried a pistol, no scope. But in the pictures I've seen they all wore Sitka Gear, so I did get some of that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

450 members (117LBS, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,737 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,972
Posts18,499,375
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.