-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 28 1 2 25 26 27 28
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You could turn 360 degree's from this point and the closest road you will find is 30 miles away to the West.... North , East and South the road is much further...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Mature forest is very poor deer habitat. The unbroken canopy prevents sunlight from reaching the ground and chokes out growth on the forest floor producing very little food for wildlife. Combine that with long, hard winters in the Adirondacks and you have very few deer per square mile of habitat.. It is considered some of the toughest deer hunting in the entire US because of the low density and the vastness of the forest.

According to who? Can't be that hard given the fact that you claim to have killed over 200 of them there.
...The Adirondacks are considered some of the toughest deer hunting in the country by pretty much everybody who knows anything about deer hunting in the continental US, which you and several of your dunce buddies here obviously do not.

I have to say, JGRaider is likely considered to be one of the most successful deer hunters on these forums...

Yep waiting for him to show me how to hunt

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Dick measuring and chest thumping aside, seems to me that no matter where or how one hunts reliability needs to trump good customer service. Things break I get that. Known issues should be taken care of long before customer service is needed.

In my case, three VX-II failures soured me on the brand and I was a fanboy. There is so much I like about Leupold but I can’t see spending my money and having a nagging doubt.

The powers to be at Leupold rested on their laurels and were bypassed. I hope they come back because I certainly would.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JDK

The powers to be at Leupold rested on their laurels and were bypassed.

That about sums it up.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's gonna be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng summer on the 'fire. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Have you ever been to the Adirondacks??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Have you ever been to the Adirondacks??

You mean the Adirondacks aka Rocky Mountains?

The AdiRonckies?

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Kind words guys, much appreciated, but I have perfected the art that luck trumps skill any day of the week.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kind words guys, much appreciated, but I have perfected the art that luck trumps skill any day of the week.

That's rather modest JG, and we've come to expect no less from you.
But Louis Pasteur had it right; chance favors the prepared mind.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have two postulates to this discussion.

1. The FUBAR behavior of leupolds erector systems is perhaps why novice shooter feel overwhelmed when bore scope and " sighting" in a rifle is attempted . Lord knows I scratched my head 4 days, and ran out of ammo I couldn't afford to replace when I was young and financially challenged!

2. The more civilized and pressured whitetails become/ experience........the more nocturnal they become.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I check in every once in a while just to see if this thread is still going... and it still is.

I am about to kick of a test on another Leupold scope. It is a long range precison scope, so I'l let you know how it tracks.

ILya

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by koshkin
I check in every once in a while just to see if this thread is still going... and it still is.

I am about to kick of a test on another Leupold scope. It is a long range precison scope, so I'l let you know how it tracks.

ILya

I've always found your tests interesting, but never understood how you conduct them. Can you explain it to us please?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

JG can kill some bucks no doubt...

Getting in position to be lucky takes skill...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GregW

JG can kill some bucks no doubt...

Getting in position to be lucky takes skill...

Yes, "lucky" folks kill good critters every now and a again, guys that consistently kill good critters know what's going on..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JDK

That about sums it up.

+2

And, its not the first American sporting goods company to do so, either. I guess slacking off if you can is just human nature, and is what frequently happens when the turnover is slow in upper management. It is hard to stay hungry when you are fat and happy.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by shinbone
Originally Posted by JDK

That about sums it up.

+2

And, its not the first American sporting goods company to do so, either. I guess slacking off if you can is just human nature, and is what frequently happens when the turnover is slow in upper management. It is hard to stay hungry when you are fat and happy.

Resting on your laurels and corporate arrogance are not at all uncommon. Every business school class on the subject tell you that you have to really double up on innovation while you are still at the top, because once you start sliding down it may be too late. Yet it happens all the time.

I think Leupold is changing its ways and getting better again, but time will tell if it is too little too late or if it is enough to take them back to the top.

Sporting optics market is always changing, so Leupold has to be at the front of it if they want to persist.

ILya

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by koshkin

ILya

I've always found your tests interesting, but never understood how you conduct them. Can you explain it to us please?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Well, I yanked that chit rifle that crap Leupold is bolted too and shot a 200lb wild boar at 509 yards last Sunday morning, ranged, spun and hit him square in his right shoulder, 208gr a-max exited left rear ribcage, DRT in the grass he lay, I have two more loaded rounds before i'll have to load another new 50 count bag of brass, that's two more dead pigs. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Well, I yanked that chit rifle that crap Leupold is bolted too and shot a 200lb wild boar at 509 yards last Sunday morning, ranged, spun and hit him square in his right shoulder, 208gr a-max exited left rear ribcage, DRT in the grass he lay, I have two more loaded rounds before i'll have to load another new 50 count bag of brass, that's two more dead pigs. smile

Whoa there Little Doggy...Best R.I.P. that Leprosy scope before you shoot another round.

g5, you always gotta run that razors edge. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ending on a happy note...A SWFA 5-20x50 hd landed today that I picked up off the Memorial Day Sale after Form gutter balled my Sig Whiskey5 scopes on this thread...

Everything is now “Right as Rain” at Beavs house 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 27 of 28 1 2 25 26 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 264mag, 204guy, 257heaven, 309coug, 47 invisible), 2,248 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,974
Posts18,499,450
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.