Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There sure are a lot of democrats on here that believe laws will keep them safe. Based on the number of people in this country and shear percentages there will always be people driving that shouldn’t be driving. I’ve ridden with drunk drivers that drove fine and I’ve ridden with sober drivers that had nofucking business driving a vacuum let alone a vehicle.

I’ve been on wrecks caused by drunk drivers, hypoglycemics, hyperglycemics, hypotension, hypertension, heart problems, cancer, etc. I’ve also been on a lot of wrecks caused by sober drivers being idiots.

DUI laws are meant to suck suck you into law system’s meat grinder thereby generating huge revenue. I don’t drink hardly at all anymore and I know when I’ve had too many to drive so it’s not something that will affect me. It’s not unlike the “War on Drugs”, MADD is a political pandering movement of emotional stupidity.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
he got 10 years? out in what, 3 or 4? not near enough IMO for a 3rd offense that killed someone

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
..........+1..... Local governments love DWI. It's an enormous revenue stream not only for them but for the attorneys, towing outfits, etc. Around here at least you gotta be nuts to drink and drive. You get caught and they will take you to the cleaners financially. The towing fees are astronomical and you can't get your vehicle back any time soon and the storage fees border on criminal. Not to mention all the lawyers drooling to drain you financially. But I guess it will make some folks think twice about drinking & driving. But not everyone. My favorite question is what are they gonna do for money if self driving cars take over the roads ? How they gonna replace that huge cash cow ? I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bristoe
A blind drunk ran up behind me on a 2 lane US highway near here yesterday. I was watching him in my rear view mirror and he was all over the road. He pulled out to pass me and I moved over and hit the brakes so he could get past me as quick as possible. An oncoming car had to move over and slow down also.

He zoomed off down the highway swerving here and there after he got past me,...tossed a tall boy beer can out the window.

I don't like to get in people's business,...but if I had had my phone on me I would have called him in. I was afraid he was going to kill somebody.

How'd you determine he was blind and drunk?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve wondered that very thing 22250. Self driving cars will have a major impact on all forms of government just in the reduction of fuel taxes alone. This state’s Einstein’s just realized that “green energy” means less fuel taxes so they’re looking at imposing a $1000 or 2000 dollar tax or assessment or levy or whatever they call it on hybrid vehicles. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ve wondered that very thing 22250. Self driving cars will have a major impact on all forms of government just in the reduction of fuel taxes alone. This state’s Einstein’s just realized that “green energy” means less fuel taxes so they’re looking at imposing a $1000 or 2000 dollar tax or assessment or levy or whatever they call it on hybrid vehicles. 😂

Yeah. And everyone on the Campfire thinks it's a great idea.

Illinois has proposed the same thing.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
More taxes and more laws and more government intervention and more regulation are never good for freedom. The government is scrambling to ruin businesses like Uber because they aren’t getting a big enough cut. It’s shameful that anyone supports more government.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 22250rem
..........+1..... Local governments love DWI. It's an enormous revenue stream not only for them but for the attorneys, towing outfits, etc. Around here at least you gotta be nuts to drink and drive. You get caught and they will take you to the cleaners financially. The towing fees are astronomical and you can't get your vehicle back any time soon and the storage fees border on criminal. Not to mention all the lawyers drooling to drain you financially. But I guess it will make some folks think twice about drinking & driving. But not everyone. My favorite question is what are they gonna do for money if self driving cars take over the roads ? How they gonna replace that huge cash cow ? I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Revenue stream might be flowing a little flat because they are toying with the Idea of lowering the BAC to .06

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Of course.

And then .05

.0Ever heard grandpa tell stories about being able to drink at a restaurant?!?!??!??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I’m not making excuses for anything. I’m askin if you ever drove over the legal limit and what you think the penalty should be.

And if you’ve never driven over the legal limit, how do you know it’s dangerous?

Also there are a number of members here with DUI’s and I’m wondering what you think their punishment should be.
[/quote]

Penalties. That's a good question.
Considering the number of first timers caught, they are probably not high enough.
I do like the Scandinavian idea for fines.
They want them to hurt.
So, they are based on income or wealth. Sometimes they get way, way expensive.

A real problem is the repeat offenders.
When you have nothing but an alcohol problem and a car, how do we keep
them off the roads.

I've had two old friends commit suicide before reporting to prison on 3rd DWI charges.
Neither hurt anyone.
Does that make it ok? Or do we wait until people are dead before we punish them?

Honestly, I have little use for anyone so self centered as to put others at increased risk
just because they can't enjoy themselves without getting buzzed.

But, I have no idea how we can actually stop it.
It's a personal responsibility thing. And if someone doesn't have the internal
moral compass, society really can't change that.

And you are right In my not understanding.
I do not like to get buzzed.
Only been drunk once.
I don't like that feeling that I am not in control of things, like when I'm sober.
And honestly, about 3 drinks are enough for me to get there.
You wouldn't see it, but I can tell things are off a bit.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Tragic...but it’s also a tragedy that a guy at a bar who has three beers and hurts no one gets his life messed up so a county can collect a boat load of money.

Tail wagging the dog

Not all who drink are irresponsible drunks

The way to handle this stuff is not to punish everyone...it’s much like the 2nd amendment and mass shooters

GOD Bless America
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Asking someone who doesn’t drink about responsible DWI laws is like asking Rosie O’Donnell about responsible gun laws.

Truth.

GOD Bless America
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Another liberal run never ending suckhole.

Yet look at the ones that drive after smoking pot.

Oops! There's that pesky double standard again.
this is what I find ironic with all this legalized marijuana stuff anymore and just don't quite get that. Well I understand legitimate medical needs. But the recreational part I do not get. How do you measure a person's impairment alongside the road.

Exactly. Where's the outrage?

So, you haven't read through this thread?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Somebody should cross reference state dui laws and enforcement with states with the most vehicular deaths.

I think like gun laws you’d come to learn strict laws don’t prevent much of anything.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
They often prevent a lack of funding...

GOD Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by viking
Driving with Indians.

Trivia question; if you have an Indian, black and a Mexican all in the same car, who is driving?

A cop...

that's a Billings joke, right?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hypertension is dangerous, anybody caught driving with blood pressure over 140/80 should sit in jail also. They could have a stroke behind the wheel and kill an innocent.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This DWI crap.....

reading more of this thread, brought up two other thoughts and experiences...

First was in the fall of 1990... I was driving in my 4 Runner down old US 52 between Cincinnati and Huntington WVa...( I've posted this on the fire before)....was driving withe a car in front of me and one behind me for 20 or 30 miles... a guarding angel presence was felt in my truck....it suggested I stop... and I did not... for several times of being told by this spirit there.. ( whether you believe in this sort of stuff or not... I experienced it)... something was finally screaming at me to stop and stop now...

I pulled over at an old gas station, off the highway store... used the bathroom and walked around the store, until I had a feeling of being safe.. and was told it was safe to leave....bought a soda, got back on the old US route continuing to head east bound... 4 or 5 miles up the road...( it had just gotten dark).. the traffic came to a stop... in both directions a police car, came past with their lights flashing and stopped in the distance..

I walked up to where they were ( after pulling my truck onto the shoulder, as it seemed we were gong to be there for a while...a west bound drunk in an old 67 Pontiac Bonneville had crossed the line doing 85 or 90 and hit the car that had been in front of me, and the one behind me... of course the drunk survived.... all the people in both cars were killed on scene...

Second one, there was a real pretty nurse who worked with my ex wife at the University of MN.. this gal was good looking enough, besides working at the U of MN Hospital, she traveled doing modeling work.. for her face... doing make up etc.... modeling Bras for her breast size...clothing for her 5/9 frame, jewelry for her hands perfection.. she made quite a bit of money doing modeling, much more than she made at the University of MN Hospital.... she dropped her hours down to part time.. but stayed with nursing as she figured the modeling gig wouldn't last forever...

she and I became pretty good friends, to my wife's irritation....Sue was from Belle Plaine MN....
She had a twin sister..... one Sunday night when they were 14, and it was summer time.. they walked down the highway shoulder to Dairy Queen in Belle Plaine.....hung with some friends for a while....

it was Sunday evening, but the sun was still up.. they got an ice cream cone and were walking home on the shoulder talking like sisters would.. Sue said she heard tires on gravel .... a second later, she heard a woosh and a thump.. the old 53 Buick missed her by inches.. but nailed her sister who was less than arms length away from her.. the Buick was doing about 80 mph.. and was driven by an old guy who had a history of DWIs and had had his license pulled once again....at the time, she had never set foot in a Dairy Queen after that day....due to the awful memory ....

Third... good friend in college, Jimmy Goehs.. he was from Ohio... had worked for a year saving money to buy himself a new VW Bug.. instead of driving the old $50 Beater one he had...his 1972 VW Super Beetle was sitting at a red light on Blue Hill Ave there in Milton MA, on the border with Canton town line...it was 3 days old.. drunk came flying thru the intersection, missing the cars stopped for the light, in the opposite direction.... old early 50s Buick... with Jersey plates....driver had had his D/L pulled in all 6 of the New England states... 7 times in Massachusetts...

Put Jimmy in a coma for 6 months... he never walked again.. brain injury made it like he had had a stroke the day before....Jimmy had been quite the athlete.. he spent the next three years in a bed at a Nursing Home....then silently passed away right around Christmas 1974... 23 years old....

the driver of the car that hit him... he walked away fine....got like 6 months in jail... and was out doing the same thing as soon as he got released.... down somewhere getting drunk again....

I don't have a problem with those who drink... and can handle it responsibly.....and knows better not to drive....those that can't handle it responsibly... and go out driving while schittfaced, and end up killing people... I have little to no sympathy for them....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Of course.

And then .05

.0Ever heard grandpa tell stories about being able to drink at a restaurant?!?!??!??

In Florida it already doesn't matter what your bal is. If it registers above .02 they're going to f*** you.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CDL driver with Hazmat, it's .04.
And it doesn't matter what I'm driving.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1minute, 1_deuce, 280fan, 27 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,337
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.