B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
People who constantly rave about their ancestorial lineage remind me of the potato. The best part about them is underground!!!

You lot should be pleased I am not a Jew as I would foreclose on the lot of you and disrupt your internet connection.

Makes as much sense as some of the other crap being posted here.

Which part do you consider "crap"?

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
People who constantly rave about their ancestorial lineage remind me of the potato. The best part about them is underground!!!

You lot should be pleased I am not a Jew as I would foreclose on the lot of you and disrupt your internet connection.

Every part that suggests it is more than a guess and somehow important enough to define ones view of oneself.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to do just to see what it says.

Mom's side should be about half Polish and the other half Welsh and a little Irish.
Dads may be a grab bag? I know there is some German and some Irish. The rest? Who knows!

Wife's is a big mystery. Spanish and wagon burner for sure. Possibly a good dose of Finnish as well.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Every part that suggests it is more than a guess and somehow important enough to define ones view of oneself.

I don't think anyone really gives a fugg except a handful of jews and a handful of jew watchers.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

I've seen enough to know that it's more than a guess.

As for how it defines somebody, or how someone uses their linage (or assumed linage) to define themselves,...yeah, that's obviously questionable these days.

,...and some people aren't pleased with the answers.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sycamore
5% whigger's not too bad!

it looks like my ancestors started where Georgia is , moved south and mixed with people who ended up in west EU

https://www.eupedia.com/europe/autosomal_maps_dodecad.shtml#East_European

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"You're my kinda people!" Lol.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I've seen enough to know that it's more than a guess.

As for how it defines somebody, or how someone uses their linage (or assumed linage) to define themselves,...yeah, that's obviously questionable these days.

,...and some people aren't pleased with the answers.

The problem Bristoe is that the info interpretation changes often enough to put the whole shebang in the "guess" category.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MadMooner
"You're my kinda people!" Lol.

Lol!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

There’s lotsa folks confused about their ancestrial lineage. There never ceases to be an abundance of white boys, and girls, claiming descendence from one of many assorted Cherokee “princesses”.

Truth be known that Princess’ name was prolly Liza Jane or something similar.

Yeah,...my linage turned out to be much more English than Irish,..which surprised me. There's a lot of gingers in my bunch and there's some Irish. But I got a bigger hit of the English.

Our son's wife bought him the 23andMe home genetic test for his last birthday and his results came back as 99.6 % Northern European.

All three of our kids have fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes as does (should say did on the hair color now though) my wife and she has a documented direct bloodline Delaware Indian woman ancestor a ways back in her family ancestry.

It's not uncommon for full siblings and even identical twins, triplets, quads, etc., to have variances in their genetic test results

Red hair or "Gingers" and blue or green eyes is about as common in other northern as well as some middle European ethic groups as it is in the native born Irish.

A good many more native Irish don't have red hair than those that do, too.

IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

The problem Bristoe is that the info interpretation changes often enough to put the whole shebang in the "guess" category.

Some relatives on my mother's side have been very involved with genealogy for years. It's been fairly easy to document the past 150 years or so, because a large part of the family has been living in the same area of western Kentucky for that long.

Many of my extended family on that side has sent DNA samples into ancestry.com. The results they came up with and the relatives they matched me to are pretty much 100% correct through several generations. Quite possibly more. But the family doesn't have exact documentation past that long.

It was very interesting to go to distant relatives trees and find photographs of my great grandparents that I had never seen before.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Some relatives on my mother's side have been very involved with genealogy for years. It's been fairly easy to document the past 200 years or so, because a large part of the family has been living in the same area of western Kentucky for that long.

Many of my extended family on that side has sent DNA samples into ancestry.com. The results they came up with and the relatives they matched me to are pretty much 100% correct through several generations. Quite possibly more. But the family doesn't have exact documentation past that long.

It was very interesting to go to distant relatives trees and find photographs of my great grandparents that I had never seen before.

I am pleased for you, but you seem to have forgotten your original post and it's contents.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

I am pleased for you, but you seem to have forgotten your original post and it's contents.

I didn't forget.

I'm just elaborating on my own experience because some people are saying that the tests are inaccurate.

It's been my experience that they are accurate.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
DNA is like over cooked spaghetti and not branches of a tree.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I didn't forget.

I'm just elaborating on my own experience because some people are saying that the tests are inaccurate.

It's been my experience that they are accurate.

Comparing does seem fairly straight forward, extrapolating does not.

The latter is a guess.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by joken2

There’s lotsa folks confused about their ancestrial lineage. There never ceases to be an abundance of white boys, and girls, claiming descendence from one of many assorted Cherokee “princesses”.

Truth be known that Princess’ name was prolly Liza Jane or something similar.

Yeah,...my linage turned out to be much more English than Irish,..which surprised me. There's a lot of gingers in my bunch and there's some Irish. But I got a bigger hit of the English.

Our son's wife bought him the 23andMe home genetic test for his last birthday and his results came back as 99.6 % Northern European.

All three of our kids have fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes as does (should say did on the hair color now though) my wife and she has a documented direct bloodline Delaware Indian woman ancestor a ways back in her family ancestry.

It's not uncommon for full siblings and even identical twins, triplets, quads, etc., to have variances in their genetic test results

Red hair or "Gingers" and blue or green eyes is about as common in other northern as well as some middle European ethic groups as it is in the native born Irish.

A good many more native Irish don't have red hair than those that do, too.

REmember seeing an article a couple years ago where studies were raising quesions about whether the red hair in Ireland was really "Irish" or if it was mostly brought there by the Normans and viking invasions.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

JS,

My comment wasn’t directed at the jewish folks. My comment was directed at other folks in general.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
lol,...okay

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
That leaves off everybody except Rachel Dolezal and Elizabeth Warren, then.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Bristoe, LOL! I guarantee you all my religiously fanatical ancestors would have burned my heretical azz at the stake. Had they the ability to know me.

But I must also say that some of my ancestors were in all liklihood twice the person I am. Hence the potato reference!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 46 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,917
Posts18,518,767
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.