Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Higbean
Needs a winch to pull deer into the bed.

Tesla is probably also working on an electric gun, so you can do just that...

Star Trek called them Fasers, didn't they?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least with points the truck will still run after a EMP hits it. And an on-star command cannot turn it off.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
My BIL has an X model car, I suggest he get one. They always like to borrow someone’s pickup to haul things...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
It's amazing how many people can't see themselves living in the future. Like everyone is clamoring for the past. Hard to find more than a few willing to drive technology from the 70s and later. Don't worry, no ones going to make you guys buy one. Times coming where good old natural aspirated engines will be a thing of the past. At least grumpy old dudes are funny. I wonder, how many of you are still changing points on your vehicle because you don't like newer electronic technology?

I bet an old dude from the 60s wouldn't think of getting into the plush, pimp mobile trucks most you guys drive around, talking on your hands free smart phone to where ever your GPS tells you to go.

Please post up a picture of your new electric car or truck. Being stuck in the past, driving an internal combustion powered truck beats being stuck in a new electric truck without any electricity...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel
It's amazing how many people can't see themselves living in the future. Like everyone is clamoring for the past. Hard to find more than a few willing to drive technology from the 70s and later. Don't worry, no ones going to make you guys buy one. Times coming where good old natural aspirated engines will be a thing of the past. At least grumpy old dudes are funny. I wonder, how many of you are still changing points on your vehicle because you don't like newer electronic technology?

I bet an old dude from the 60s wouldn't think of getting into the plush, pimp mobile trucks most you guys drive around, talking on your hands free smart phone to where ever your GPS tells you to go.

Please post up a picture of your new electric car or truck. Being stuck in the past, driving an internal combustion powered truck beats being stuck in a new electric truck without any electricity...

Well, hopefully you'll be long gone before the ole combustion engine is gone. I plan to drive on, on whatever, when the time comes. I ain't scared.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
‘300,000 lbs of towing capacity’? It's not a truck, it's a friggin" locomotive!

Skeptics will have a lot to learn when it comes to the capabilities of electric motors.

You're more polite'er than I am.

Little slow here.
So you all buying 300,000 pound towing capacity from a pickup.

That's the combined gross of 3 3/4 normal semis.
That much can be pulled by a OD spaced truck, with a lot of $ permits and stipulations.

If you had a loaded rail car, and if you had a good traction situation,
Quite a few pickups could tow it,
On the level.

But don't even think of telling me you are going to pull that much weight,
On road tires,
Up a hill,
At 55 mph.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, hopefully you'll be long gone before the ole combustion engine is gone. I plan to drive on, on whatever, when the time comes. I ain't scared.

Absolutely, electric trucks are a long way from being daily drivers. Technology has got a lot to overcome to get electric trucks where the outdated internal combustion powered trucks are today. People seem to forget what a battery is made of and what it takes to make one and be able to recharge it, not to mention how long it will last and how much it will take to replace it. The environmental community is all about this technology too, and the impact of all the batteries that need to replace internal combustion powered vehicles will contribute more to pollution than these short sighted people comprehend...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Absolutely, electric trucks are a long way from being daily drivers. Technology has got a lot to overcome to get electric trucks where the outdated internal combustion powered trucks are today. People seem to forget what a battery is made of and what it takes to make one and be able to recharge it, not to mention how long it will last and how much it will take to replace it. The environmental community is all about this technology too, and the impact of all the batteries that need to replace internal combustion powered vehicles will contribute more to pollution than these short sighted people comprehend...

Well, no [bleep]. New technology has to start somewhere, doesn't it? Y'all are acting like Tesla is going to make you buy an electric truck at the end of the year. If you don't plan to buy one, why be defensive about it. I don't give a crap about some environmental reason to own one type of transportation over the other. The only thing that is constant is change. As I said before, an electric vehicle doesn't scare me. When and if they are more practical than what we currently have, I will welcome them, just like what we have now is better than anything made in the 60s, regardless of what our nostalgia wants to think.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This isn’t new technology, locomotives have been pulling trains for decades due to the pulling power of a DC motor over an internal combustion powered engine or steam, which was used well into the 1950’s. There was a necessity to have electric wires along the tracks or a huge Diesel engine on board to power that electric motor.

Being stuck in the past or getting excited for the future is still a choice of preference, but it isn’t a choice available now and I am more than happy to be stuck in the past. Do post up a picture of your new electric truck when you can drive it farther than 200 miles and be able to recharge it in less than 2 hours...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Higbean
Needs a winch to pull deer into the bed.

Tesla is probably also working on an electric gun, so you can do just that...

Star Trek called them Fasers, didn't they?

The navy already has one.

][Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Remsen
The problem with Tesla concept vehicles is that they often are too close to what ends up being the production vehicle. The Model X, with it's idiotic gull wing doors, being the prime example of this.

If this image is what the Tesla pickup looks like in production, I ain't going to even look at one. But assuming that someone hides the blunts from Musk long enough to get him to approve a more conventional looking truck, I'd definitely be interested.

I bought a Model S (P85) in 2013 when they were just starting mass production of the model and even though there were a lot of early problems with drive units that needed to be replaced (multiple times) and a bunch of other things that weren't particularly well thought out, I was very impressed with the tech and execution of the car. So much so, I upgraded to the P85D the next year and kept it until late last year. I would have bought another Model S had they done something to keep it current, but it became a dated design with less useful tech than other premium vehicles so we no longer have a Tesla.

There's a LOT to be said for Tesla vehicles. They are very strong, performance-wise, and very efficient as well. In 5 years, we never had a single problem with either of our Teslas (over 100,000 miles) and the performance was as good after 4 years as it was new.

I hate the company, though, and I hate the lunatic fanboys even more. BUT, they are great vehicles and if they can get a pickup with 500 miles of actual range, have similar capabilities for cargo and towing, and it was priced at the same level of an F150 or Silverado, I'd take the risk on buying one.

Remsen,

Curious why you hate the company. I hear that frequently and it usually stems from a lack of support after warranties expire.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Only gun I know of that Musk has built so far.
Before he colonizes Mars I bet he makes something cool to take with him....Just in case ya know...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He look like a James Bond villain.

As an aside, I heard the other day that even a totaled Tesla will fetch $15,000-$20,000. Guys that build drag cars are after the motors and batteries like hobos on a bologna sandwich.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ll keep my Silverado.
That is not a pick up

NRA Patron
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think you are spot on with those numbers.

There is a guy that buys and rebuilds totaled Teslas, he paid 14K for his first total.

He battles Tesla, no one but Tesla is suppose to do anything to a Tesla, he is working on changing that.

He has a YT channel I tune into on and off that can be pretty interesting if you want to know these cars from the inside out. He'll show you what makes them tic from a layman's POV in a backyard DIY environment.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He was the interviewee I was listening to.

The story on that first build is pretty incredible. Had it all up and running (he thought) but still had no key. Contacted the previous owner after finding his address in the navigation system in the rebuilt Tesla. Asked if he had the key. Guy says no. They get to talking and it turns out that the Tesla rebuild guy owned THE exact same Corvette that the previous Tesla owner had years ago. It was literally the same car.

So after discovering that, the guy said he thinks he can find the key. And did. And told him if he wanted it, it would cost him $600.

LMAO. What a prick.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Cool concept but it's etherware. Musk is just trying to pump up the Tesla stock which has been getting hammered and he is probably getting margin calls on the stock he pledged as collateral for personal bank loans. He doesn't have anywhere to build it and no capital for tooling or engineering.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Finally. A truck for the man bun wearing metrosexual boys.
laugh laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The problem is that Tesla is trying to simultaneously introduce two radically new concepts. The idea of an electric pickup is radical enough. Combine that with sci-fi styling and you one-two punch yourself. It'd be far smarter to come out with a traditional-looking pickup with electric power, and then gradually morph the styling in over a number of model years. People simply won't leap into something too "weird" and unproven.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
They are born every day.....600 bucks for a key....

Tesla is gonna have to give a little as time goes on.
Like any other car, gear heads are going to have after market ideas and desires.
They are going to soup them up and tweak them out.
A gear head of the future very well may be that nerd kid down the block that is driving his dads old Tesla to school, he'll write his own software and install it that'll make the old beater pull the front end off the ground when he takes off from a traffic light.

Time will tell, things are changing but really their not....

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 3333vl, 308xray, 2ndwind, 17 invisible), 15,137 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,972
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.