Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Not too sure I'll see many out in this part of the world, ever.

[Linked Image]

The toothbrush, education, attractive women, and the Tesla.

Got it.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Point being, I watch things fairly close, and this is the first one I've ever seen. There's no way to interview an owner, if there are none around. To date, I have never seen a charging station in the state of Kentucky (I saw some in CA a few years ago, in a state park, but none out "where the normal people are". I'm not "against" new technology, but it has to be better than what we have now, and right now, it's not. It's not cost effective for us normal folk with normal jobs and being paid normal wages.

Every now and then, I like to pick up and make long road trips, and I can't see that happening with the electrics. Again, to date, I've seen zero charging stations outside of CA, either. It's completely a range thing for me. It will take a very long time for EVs to make any headway in Kentucky or rural Missouri, for that matter. I was REALLY shocked to see that Tesla tooling down the highway Saturday, which is why it made such an impression. It still looked like a Jag, not bad. I didn't see which state tags it had on it. That might have been interesting.

ratsmacker,

It really depends on where you live. I lived in what is arguably one of the most rural areas in the lower 48 for ten years. Never saw a Tesla.

The primary target (even if Musk doesn't know it) is people that live in the cities. They were initially very expensive but now they can be had for $35-$40K. This has made a big difference in sales. I believe they sold and delivered about 250K in 2018 which is more than all other years combined.

When I first moved down here (the Miami area) I couldn't believe how many Teslas I was seeing. When I went to San Diego for 30 days, same thing. They're everywhere. Think of how many people have a brutal commute in this country. Nothing makes a commute easier than a Tesla based on everything I've been told.

Personally, I don't want one I'm just fascinated by them as a car guy. The performance they deliver is pretty amazing and from an engineering standpoint they're pretty intriguing.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My brother drove a Clients Model S and was very very impressed. He has driven his fair share of German Imports and the acceleration and overall driving dynamics left him speechless.

LOL at the people that mock Musk. He has rocket boosters landing on ships and near launch pads while NASA was dragging the ocean bottom in order to recover vehicles. Lets not mention Space-X budget vs NASA.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Not too sure I'll see many out in this part of the world, ever.

[Linked Image]

The toothbrush, education, attractive women, and the Tesla.

Got it.

Thanks.

You forgot supplying 33% of the US with crude oil. You might clue JeffA in that the majority of these oil wells using electric motors are hooked up to permanent electricity......they don't run on batteries. Read rockinbbar's script and educate him on that too.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Looking forward to everyone on the deer lease going electric. Lot less noise and scent to make deer nocturnal. And it will be awesome for turkeys. Roll right up to the roost!

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You forgot supplying 33% of the US with crude oil. You might clue JeffA in that the majority of these oil wells using electric motors are hooked up to permanent electricity......they don't run on batteries. Read rockinbbar's script and educate him on that too.

West Texas hath spoken.

Again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm not one to scoff at the ideas of a guy that owns SpaceX.

Not saying it won't be a failure. But I sure as fugk wouldn't bet against it being a success.

This, though I have no interest in one myself, at least at this time?

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

LOL at the people that mock Musk. He has rocket boosters landing on ships and near launch pads while NASA was dragging the ocean bottom in order to recover vehicles. Lets not mention Space-X budget vs NASA.

That was not without some trial and error too.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JeffA

I don't use rockets where I work or live. None of my co-workers own rockets.

Therefore, rockets are stupid.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JeffA

There is always trial and error with a new concept. How many humans did NASA sacrifice for a stupid tile design on a space shuttle?

IC B3

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If anyone does need a rocket or needs to ship anything to another planet in a rocket, here is a handy dandy Users Guide for doing so....

https://www.spacex.com/sites/spacex/files/falcon_users_guide.pdf

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Finally. A truck for the man bun wearing metrosexual boys.

Yep. Oughta go over pretty good in San Jose. Geez!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 16bore
That thing is badass...I’ll bet it’ll hold at least 4 bags of groceries.

Originally Posted by 16bore
That thing is badass...I’ll bet it’ll hold at least 4 bags of groceries.

Yeah, but they’re Costco sized bags😉

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I live in Manhattan.

Dually’s and diesels are stupid.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This makes a lot of sense for Manhattan.

[Linked Image]

The funniest part.....

“It’s going to be a truck that is more capable than other trucks."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don’t think Tesla was the first to meld hyperbole and advertising.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When Gruff buys one I'll be a believer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the truck part is to carry extra batteries

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I wonder if Ford had the same problem with the naysayers that never believed an automobile would replace the horse? Did anyone really believe that there’d be “gas stations” at enough locations throughout this vast country to make it viable? What if you’re 50 miles from home with 40 miles worth of gas left? How will they ever get enough oil to run all those cars? There’s a limited amount of oil and getting it out of the ground and into the gas tank isn’t easy or cheap. What if your vehicle broke down in the middle of nowhere, then what?......push it home? Roads would have to be built at an enormous cost and would have to cover an impossible amount of miles not to mention the mountains. Are they seriously going to build roads across mountain passes 2 miles high? Bridges?......don’t even think about traversing large bodies of water. I could go on and on but you get my drift....

New technology is always met with resistance, it’s always fraught with logistical nightmares but luckily it never stops visionaries. That being said.....I’ll pass on the Model T or Model S or that ugly ass “Tesla pickup” and stick with my trusty steed named Silverado. 😁

Our grandkids or great grandkids or great great grandkids will be collecting the gas pumps of today as a tribute to the olden days when you actually had to stop and put “gas” into your car AND drive the car yourself. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson
When Gruff buys one I'll be a believer.

Gruff still pushing back on pasteurization.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (AKislander, 300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, Alan_C, 10 invisible), 1,570 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,573
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.