Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
McMillan makes a wonderful stock, but their leadtime is absolutely outrageous and a dealbreaker, in my opinion. Nine months to deliver a simple product? That’s absurd! If I ran my business on the same premise, I’d be out of work in under a year. If they have that much of a backlog, they need to hire more help. Until they get their act together, which will probably never happen, they do not have a customer in me. Of course, the same could also be said for half of the companies in the gun/hunting industry too I suppose. The lack of business acumen is shocking.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Arrived yesterday...less than 5 months from order being submitted.

[Linked Image]

In fairness however,I've barely ordered 60+ of them,less a single bobble.

Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
That looks sorta like the famous Ingwe “flame” stock.

It is pretty.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It took her a loonnnnggggggggg fhuqking time to catch on. Congratulations?!?

Bless her heart.

Hint...............

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have several HS and close to 10 mcmillans.
Both are quality stocks.
I like the Sako hunter and mcmillan hunter style so that’s what I’ll buy on my next build.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Close to 10".

Fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Bless your heart...you single digit midget!

Hint............

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Big Stick
"Close to 10".

Fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Hint............

Killing us with irony??!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
E
Originally Posted by Horseman
"Close to 10".

Fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Hint............

Killing us with irony??!

This will probably fly right over his head!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Lol!!!! Yup!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It got quiet.

LAUGHING!...............

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Uber

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying though.

Uber +P+.

Hint...............

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
UBEr duper

Youre the slumlord of Alaska.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AlwaysInside,

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some...while the only fhuqking thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination. Congratulations?!?

Hint....................

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
AlwaysInside,

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some...while the only fhuqking thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination. Congratulations?!?

Hint....................

Yes ma’am

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AlwaysInside,

Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Congratulations?!?

Uber +P+.

Hint...............

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yawn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
McMillan makes a wonderful stock, but their leadtime is absolutely outrageous and a dealbreaker, in my opinion. Nine months to deliver a simple product? That’s absurd! If I ran my business on the same premise, I’d be out of work in under a year. If they have that much of a backlog, they need to hire more help. Until they get their act together, which will probably never happen, they do not have a customer in me. Of course, the same could also be said for half of the companies in the gun/hunting industry too I suppose. The lack of business acumen is shocking.

While you may not be willing to wait 9 months, that lead time exists for various reasons. Your assumption that it is due to a lack of business acumen is just that - an assumption, and quite possibly a false one.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dogslife57,

I like McMillan. There was a fantastic McMillan which is out of production, the Ultralight. I managed to find two over the years after they were discontinued. Who knows you might be lucky and find one. My other Ruger has a McMillan hunter stock.

This rifle just happens to be chambered in 338 RCM

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

While you may not be willing to wait 9 months, that lead time exists for various reasons. Your assumption that it is due to a lack of business acumen is just that - an assumption, and quite possibly a false one.

They might say 9 months but I’ve been receiving them all in less than 3 for the most part lately. I just ordered a couple EDGEs for some M70’s. I’ll have to look but I believe it was April when I placed the order and they should be delivered on Friday.

Just looked, received confirmation 4/16 and they will be on the door 6/14.. No complaints and worth the wait.

Last edited by beretzs; 06/13/19.

Semper Fi
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,931
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.